• AKA: Indyiluvu

11 hours at DLR alone!

Yesterday all my friends were busy and I did not want to stay home so I decided to go to DLR alone. (Sorry no pics, my camera broke) I rarely go alone and normally when I go alone it averages 2-3 hours, but for some reason I ended up staying from 12:30pm-11:30pm! One thing lead to annother and I kept walking arround, exploring and riding rides.

I surprised myself by breaking my alone time record by a long shot. It was fun not having to follow someone else and getting to do what ever I wanted. I did a lot of single rider rides too. I rode Splash Mountain twice, Matterhorn three times and I got SOAKED on Grizzly River. When I was in line for Matterhorn the second time the ride broke down and I saw them evacuate and restart the ride. I decided to wait the 45min untill the ride was back up and just watch the CM's reset. If I was with someone else, they probably would have made me leave the line. Also I sat and watched Fantasmic for my first time ever. (I normally skip shows and parades) Since I was alone, I squeezed into a riverside spot in center stage 30min before showtime!

Is this normal arround here? Has anyone else stayed all day at DLR by themselves? Or do I need some help?
    FIRST DLR TRIP - 1981

FIRST DLP TRIP - March 1997

FIRST WDW TRIP - May/June 2006

FIRST HKDL TRIP - 2016?

FIRST TDLR TRIP - 2017?

FIRST SHDL TRIP - 2019?

• =)

Re: 11 hours at DLR alone!

Hey, I've done it before and had a great time, too, although I didn't expect to. Going alone is fine, and it can be plenty enjoyable, albeit in a different way. Whenever I go by myself, I gain appreciation for going with a group, and whenever I go with a group, I reallygain appreciation for going alone. They're both fun for different reasons, and if there's something wrong with you for spending that much time alone in the park, there's something wrong with me, too.

Glad you had a great time!

My last several trips have been solo and I usually go for 5 days at a time and have a blast.
    Matthew

• Gumball Rally Godfather

It's fun to go alone sometimes. No compromises... do whatever you want.
    Charlie
    MiceChat User #1037

it's fun going by yourself.. you can do whatever you want and not have to listen to anyone complain.

glad you had fun and did things you normally wouldn't!

• Senior Minion

Nothing wrong with going on your own to the park at all. Lots of folks do it, and I do as well. I find it's fun on a different level since you go where you want and don't have to worry about what others might want to do. It's good to read that you had a great time on your own and got to do so many things!

• Former Cast Member

In the BC era of my life (before children) I went alone often. It allowed me, as you have said, to do things that I wanted to do without having to worry about the feelings of the other people in my party. I also spend more time looking at things when I am alone and I start noticing things that you wouldn't otherwise notice if you were talking with friends.

I find myself turning around on rides alot when I am alone to see the back side of things and to figure out how they work.

One time I even sat on a bench in front of Main street station looking toward the castle at midnight. It was a glorious sight. At about 12:30, the rope was coming down mainstreet as they closed each store once the shoppers were out. I decided at that point that I would wait and be the last person out of D-land that night. At 12:45 I left since I realized I might be there quite late. Nevertheless, I was able to do that because I went alone.

• Official Mice Chat person

Last weekend when I was there with my family, on the 3rd day of our trip my family was tired and slept in the hotel for a few hours. I stayed in the park all alone while they were sleeping. Being alone is completely different than being with a group. People watching has always been interesting to me... I sat on a bench for about half an hour just watching people flow through the crowded walk ways. It's so much more enjoyable to just sit, and soak in the atmosphere with out having to cram in ride after ride after ride.

I go solo and have a great time. I'll bring a sketch book, my camera, and just watch whatever I want. I can eat what I want, I can watch them set up for Fantasmic!, and it's wonderful.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

• AKA: Indyiluvu

The strange thing about being alone is the weird looks everyone gives you. Especially when you sit on their raft on Grizly River Run. Or they don't even notice me, like on Splash Mountain yesterday the group was splashing each other on the raft and then saw me and was like "There is a guy back there, Sorry bro". I didn't mind getting splashed but it was funny. Then there is the group photo on Splash where I am sure I ruined their picture since I am tall and put my arms up both times.
    FIRST DLR TRIP - 1981

FIRST DLP TRIP - March 1997

FIRST WDW TRIP - May/June 2006

FIRST HKDL TRIP - 2016?

FIRST TDLR TRIP - 2017?

FIRST SHDL TRIP - 2019?

• Disneyland Grandee

Yes, every once in a while, pure Heaven!!

It is so nice to drag your butt where ever you please without consulting others and arguing 'what's next?"

Plus, eating at any place you want.

It just adds another type of experience, to enjoy one of fav places.
    ~~Jodi~~
    Next WDW trip coming up 10-5-10 to 10-15-10, Wilderness Lodge Villas.

• =)

I find myself turning around on rides alot when I am alone to see the back side of things and to figure out how they work.
    Haha, I do that all the time! But especially when I'm alone.

The strange thing about being alone is the weird looks everyone gives you.
    Yeah, I know what you mean about that. Or when you tell other people--non-MCers--about it. Friends or family, I mean. Nothing like the blank "why would you want to do that?" expression to make improve your self-esteem!

• formerly PretzelSouls!

Sounds like you have fun! Glad you got to see Fantasmic, it's a great show!
    "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau