Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Is Mother's Day a sane time to go?

My wife said she would like to go to Disneyland with the kids for Mother's Day. For a husband like me, that is an awesome way to get out of having to plan anything.

Anyway, she heard crowds are often down on Mother's Day because most moms want to go to brunch or spa day or do something fun for them, not necessarily the whole family.

I thought I'd ask the experts. Is Mother's Day weekend a smart time to go to the park? Or is it like any other weekend this time of year?

Thanks!

• no flash photography...

Re: Is Mother's Day a sane time to go?

It just seemed like normal weekend day to me.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I would love to be at Disneyland, and/or Disney World on Mother's Day. Of course, it would mean that my family wouldn't be there, since they don't usually accompany me on my Disney trips. I'd still love it.

Then of course, I'd love to be at Disneyland, and/or Disney World on any day.

I am happy to get cards on Mother's day. My kids never really do more than that, and that is fine, as long as they say "Happy Mother's Day, and I at least get a phone call.

• Goofy

its hard to say.

Thanks for the replies so far. So far looking like it'll be as crazy crowded as every other weekend.

• no flash photography...

Quote Originally Posted by Brookings View Post
    Thanks for the replies so far. So far looking like it'll be as crazy crowded as every other weekend.
    Just get there early. They have handed carnations out to moms in the past. We really enjoyed the day.

However, we always go on Saturdays so we may be used to crowds. Normal crowds just not a big deal to me....crazy crowds is another story.

• Animation Domination

Mother's Day will probably be busy as usual, but after the fireworks the crowd will die off. This will happen because people go to work or school the next day.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

It's a good day to go. Last year they handed out Carnations to all women. Nice Touch.

• I'm not really here

We were there last year on Mother's Day. It was a pretty normal day. Crowds weren't to bad. The carnations were a nice touch. My wife loved that.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• A Weather Eye Open

The key to any weekend day in disneyland in the spring is getting there early. this enables you to start getting fastpasses when the return time period will be shorter, so you can get passes for all the big rides that you want and use them at your leisure throughout the day. then you don't mind the crowds as much, because you're not in as much of a rush! it gives you enough time to get what you want done.

i thin mother's day sounds like a great idea. i can't imagine that it would be too much more crowded than it already is on saturdays lately (which is pretty crowded)
    "And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by" (John Masefield)

• Cal Poly DL Lover

We're going to be there on sat-mon of mothers day. I will definately be checking up on this thread often...

not a kid and still love DISNEYLAND??

OF COURSE I DO!!!

[/URL]

Thanks for the feedback! The wife is excited (as are the kids of course!). We have not been since spring 2006.

I was going to buy the 4-day ticket at Costco ($139) but someone told me for about $30 more for each family member a limited annual pasport would be a better deal. Mothers Day is not blacked out on the passport. I am on the Disney web site but can't find the So.Cal. resident passport deals but I will keep digging around.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Quote Originally Posted by Brookings View Post
    Thanks for the feedback! The wife is excited (as are the kids of course!). We have not been since spring 2006.

I was going to buy the 4-day ticket at Costco ($139) but someone told me for about $30 more for each family member a limited annual pasport would be a better deal. Mothers Day is not blacked out on the passport. I am on the Disney web site but can't find the So.Cal. resident passport deals but I will keep digging around.
    Upgrade to a passport on your last day. Remember the cheaper the pass, the more black out days it will have. That way you can bring the kids again for a couple of days in october when it cools off. Have a great time!

Thanks for the tip aashee but forgive my ignorance. Are you suggesting I buy the costco ticket and then upgrade to an annual passport on the last of the 4 days on the costco ticket?

The CA resident annual passport I was looking at is $169. It seems like that would be the better deal if I were going to use it more than 4 days during the next 12 months (assuming I don't mind the blackout dates) but I might be missing something here, being a Disneyland neophyte!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Arizona's own

Blog Entries

Here is the ticket info with costs.

http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disn...ketListingPage

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast