Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• :)

Disneyland model cut outs

I remember a long time ago there was someone who posted the Hollywood Tower hotel which they printed online and cut out and made into a model

I was wondering what that website is? or similar websites with Disneyland cut outs!

• =)

Re: Disneyland model cut outs

Dunno about that particular project, but Ray Keim has done some fabulous free paper model kits for the various Haunted Mansions over at Haunted Dimensions. Heck, he's done incredible CG models, too--they were part of the inspiration for me to start my project.

• Collision speed....FULL!

That would be from the Disney Experience. You can download and build that model and many others from that site. I think LostBoy was one who put a TOT together.

I tried the MSS, but it was too flimsy, but I could build one with better materials, styrene.

• No marbles to begin with!

I remember building one of those. I posted the picture a long long time ago when there was a Paper Model thread.
    I probably still have pictures of the two TOT's I built somewhere.
    My campus elevator smells like burned hair and won't drop faster than the pull of gravity, no matter how much I scream.

• I'm not really here

Nautilus beat me too it. I've build the Tower of Terror and Sleeping Beauty Castle from their site. Be prepared to spend a lot of time with an ex-acto knife hunched over a table cutting out LOTS of little tabs and angles. So worth it though when it is done.

My two got destroyed in our move though. I plan on building them again though, and this time wiring them up with microLEDs to light them. Not sure when that will happen though.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Minion

Blog Entries

That is a great site... Wish I had known about it sooner...
    Please help me raise money for children's hospitals by clicking the extra life image.

• A Weather Eye Open

how fun is this! the leds are a great idea... maybe i'll find some kind of thick transparent vellum-like material and make a lamp!
    "And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by" (John Masefield)

• Driver Your Turn Is Clear

Costa Mesa, CA - 10.33 Miles South of DLR

That is a great site... Not only have I found enough projects to keep me busy for the next 10 years or so... but I also turned my ordinary mouse pointer into Sorcerer Mickey!

No maybe he can do some magic and get all this work I have to do done!
    Check out My Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 rides... I'm always working on another one... I hope they make you want to go to Disneyland.

"Disneyland is the star, everything else is in the supporting role."
    ~Walt Disney~

• Still lost in Neverland

Here are some pictures of the models I made out of paper from The Disney Experience.

Disneyland Castle, DCA TOT, WDW Castle and the Wicked Wench POTC Ship:

Same grouping better shot of TWA Rocket to the Moon:

Disneyland Castle from the front showing landscaping I did. This is the original paper model and there is a new version available now with much better coloring and detail. I just haven't had the time to put it together yet:

The Disneyland Haunted Mansion and the WDW Mansion with extra stuff around them. The Phantom Manor is also finished but not in place yet:

DCA's Tower of Terror and it needs some repair work and landscaping still to be done:

Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

Here are some more.

The Wicked Wench from POTC Ride:

The Mark Twain:

Disneyland Paris' Phantom Manor:

There are lots more around on shelving, just didn't take any pictures yet.

Thank You Poisonedapples

• I'm not really here

Those are awesome Lost Boy! Great job on them.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Incognito

Blog Entries

What type of paper are you using? Is it a thicker stock? Or just regular paper?

I'm intrigued by this model making business

• Mrs. J. Depp

WOW those are amazing! I'm obsessed with the castles. I would love to make one of these but what kills me is they are made out of paper and could easily just be crushed and all that hard work will be gone....

Facebook me!
    Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

Actually they are quite strong once the glue has dried, and a lot of them have inside supports (the Castle has two floors inside that you cant' even see just for support). I can pick any one of them up and carry it around by the turrets and it will not come apart, if you follow the instructions carefully.

They say you can use standard paper but I find using card stock of around 67 pound to 96 pound for the big ones. And use only White Paper Glue and use it sparingly, the more you use, the softer and gooier the paper gets and it takes forever to dry. Just put some dots of glue along one side of the paper tab and then press them together and wait about 10 seconds and they should be joined. Once joined for a few minutes, they will not come apart without tearing the paper. Make sure you "dry fit" all pieces before gluing to make sure they fit properly.

And score all fold lines with a dry ball point pen. And take your time. Let all big joint fits dry thoroughly before you handle for any more fitting. It took me a couple of months, working a little bit each night, to complete the Tower of Terror. When I first built that the instructions said to use Rubber Cement, then changed that to White Paper Glue which dries clear. That's why the TOT keeps falling apart. Some of the parts were glued with Rubber Cement, which dries and becomes brittle after a period of time, so don't use it.

Thank You Poisonedapples

• Hey it's that guy I am.

Thicker stock will hold up better, but might take a little more oomph to get folds nice.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast