Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

A Few Random Shots From a Great Food and Wine Weekend!

Part One:

So April 25th I was going to be in Costa Mesa for a cousins wedding. As soon as I knew the date of the wedding, I began contemplating a side trip. Only problem was, my pass is blocked on Saturdays... I decided I really didn’t need to spend the money anyway, and was just going to come home Saturday morning.

Then Rixter I think it was posted a thread in the Meet and Greet section about the MiceChatters of the Vine meet at the Food and Wine Festival. Tempting. Still, I’d have to get a block out day pass, get a motel for another night....

Then the list of those attending began to look like a regular Who’s Who among the most famous MiceChatters... Um... that block out pass is only $40 right? Um... I can get a room at the Ramada Limited for only $49.... Oh what the heck! You only live once right?

I ended up not really taking a lot of pictures. And too, a lot of the ones I did take, didn’t turn out that well. I don’t know if it was the heat (you would think that someone who lives where 110 degrees is not unheard of would be unfazed by the temps), or the fact that I was so frustrated by my attempts at getting pictures at my cousins wedding (heres a tip, when you take a backup set of rechargeable batteries with you somewhere, make sure they are recharged before you try to use them), but I just didn’t get a lot of pictures. But submitted here, is a few of the random shots I did get, partly because its been a while since I’ve done any kind of a trip report and I’m not sure when I’ll be back down again.

I arrived Saturday morning, and figured that since I had to pay for a block out pass, I might as well spend some time wandering around the park. I wanted to take it casually, float around and save my energy for the festivities of the evening.

For some reason, I’ve developed the pattern of as soon as I’m in the park, I hop on the train, ride as far as NOS, then hit Pirates and Mansion first. This day was no exception. After that, I decided I’d take in the “Little Aladdin” show as I call it, in Adventure land.

Next was the Tiki Room. I was experimenting with the settings on my camera (no flash photography!), and thanks to the wonders of digital, I got a whole bunch of non flash pictures of the Tiki Room.

To bad none of them turned out.

Since I was just on a casual tour, and not intending to bother to stand in line for anything, the next most logical place to go was the coolest place in the park! Temperature wise that is.

The Opera House!! Where else can you unobtrusively wander around, or sit for hours in the air conditioning and have people ignore you!! Interesting historical displays and a nice soft padded bench to sit on!

Currently they have a display of classic tickets on loan from Tony Baxter! I also had my very own, personal Maynard sighting and photo op!!

After that it was time to go over to the motel and officially check in, have a snack (Umm.. grape jelly Uncrustables! Don’t leave home without them!) before time to head back to the park for.......

Duh duh dun......

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

•   
    • Jester of Randomness

Blog Entries

Re: A Few Random Shots From a Great Food and Wine Weekend!

Part Two:

This was going to be great! This was my first time attending the event, so I wasn’t sure exactly where to go or what to expect. But they directed me from the Welcome Center and soon I was sitting on a bench in front of where the festivities would happen, watching for fellow MiceChatters to show up!

While I was waiting I had a nice visit with a wandering CM, who saw all of my MiceChat buttons on my bag. He had never heard of MiceChat?!!? Um...must be new on the planet. So he sat with me for a few minutes and we talked MiceChat and I expounded its virtues (yes, we do have them) and hopefully we picked up a new member.

If you’re reading this now... Welcome and remember it was me who brought you here.

PirateMunkee was also working DCA that evening, and he stopped by to chat. Next came Rixter and before you know it, the place was swarming with MiceChatters!!

MickeyMaxx taking pictures of ... birds? Skywaygrl ready to party, Pirate Munkee and Skywaygrl’s brother, and IndianaJenn prepares to enjoy the wonderful evening!

MickeyMaxx visits with SCUBAbe and her mom, some of the wonderful food and munchies available, and one of the wine tables as you enter into the event.

A closer shot of the same table, someone (is that a MiceChatter?) inspecting the wonderful selection of vinos, and Aristocat and her hubby apparently watching something most interesting and exciting!

LegallyBrunett and Aristocat strike a pose, (do you people know how hard it is to get LegallyBrunett to face the camera?), and mcow1 and Villians Fan partaking of the fun and frivolity!

akfandisney and mcow1 share some conversation, Disney1978 in the center, Skywaygrl’s brother on the right and... ? Oops... who is that mystery MiceChatter? Then how could we miss Sir Clinks, our Dusty leader, the beautiful Belle (AKA Mrs. Clinks) and... another mystery MiceChatter... (yes, I have to admit, I don’t know everyone’s screen names. My bad. )
    Last edited by penguinsoda; 05-07-2008 at 09:07 PM.

all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Whoa. Love the format PS. Great shots!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Arizona's own

Blog Entries

Every picture I see of this event is like pouring salt on an open wound and scrubbing it in, Why, because I missed visiting and being with some great MC'ers. Thankfully you have taken pictures and shared them so I can just keep whining.

• MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Always watching...

I love how you always lay your pictures out so artistically, Pengy. That blurry picture pretty much sums up how I was seeing the world . It was great seeing you (although not for nearly long enough).

• Mrs. J. Depp

Looks like so much fun! And I'm jealous you got a picture with Maynard. I've been on the hunt for years. I wasn't sure if he still worked at the park.

Facebook me!
    Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

• pronounced, Casey Jr. 1

thanks for putting up a TR pengy! i'm glad you had a great time

•   
    • Jester of Randomness

Blog Entries

Part Three (the end, thats all there is this time folks!)

Saturday night was wonderful. (Sorry to keep bringing it up Pratt). The weather was perfect, the company divine... at least half of the people there that night were MiceChatters! I’ve never been a big fan of wine (I’m a margarita kind of person), but it was such fun to try some new things, sample some very nice wines, but mostly just to hang out and have some time to visit with some people that I don’t get a chance to talk to very often (if at all), in a relaxed atmosphere.

After the event, some of us headed for Tower. Myself, I am not a fan of Tower, so Villians Fan suggested we do Monsters instead! That I will do! MickeyMaxx, Villians Fan and I headed there while the rest of the crew headed toward Tower. When we came out, our Dusty leader was sitting on a bench by the exit waiting for us. It seems the line on Tower was 40 minutes long, so they all came over to follow us on Monsters.

Unfortunately I took no other pictures the rest of the night, but I know someone might have some somewhere.

Then it was over to Disneyland to see Fantasmic! The herd of MiceChatters was headed for the front of Mansion to watch, but being a very old and tired penguin who had gotten far behind the crowd, my thoughts were of a place to sit. It had been and awesome day, but I had been up really, really late at the wedding the night before, and up early that morning so since I had lost sight of the group by then anyway.... I headed out for some slumber time.

Of course the next morning I ran into the Clinks on my way into the park and they told me how the entire group got to sit in the reserved seating section... Yea, I usually miss the really good stuff.

Oh, heres a shot I got Saturday.

They had been filming something with someone for something or other... didn’t really ask or care I just include the picture because... well, because I have it.

Random. That's me.

So that brings us to Sunday morning! I had a few hours to spend before I took my 2+ hour journey home.

Sunday morning... my same routine. Train to NOS, Pirates... but wait... Pirates was....

Ok, so I actually wasn’t denied the Twain. It was just making its rounds around the island. I was sitting on a bench trying to decided what I wanted to do next and thought I’d take a picture of the empty space where the Twain usually sits.

Once the Twain pulled into port I went over for a ride. While I was waiting for it to fully dock, a family walked up and was standing beside me. The dad was having his kids wave up to the captain. I looked over and said, “Did you know that you can ask one of the Cast Members on the dock and sometimes they will let you ride up there with the captain?” The guy was surprised... he didn’t know that! I told him its up to the captains discretion, but it wouldn’t hurt to ask. If not for MiceChat (and my daughter being a Twain Captain at one time) I wouldn’t have been able to share the magic.....

Crowds at that time didn’t look that bad...

And while I was sitting on the front of the Twain, I had some time and thought I’d play with the digital zoom on my camera. I’m sure somewhere on this site someone has mentioned this but... what is this flag? Its on top of one of the buildings in NOS. If anyone knows the answer, its going to be a MiceChatter!

Pirates was still down when I got off the Twain, so I went to the Tiki Room next.

So out off all the pictures I attempted to take inside of the Tiki Room (No flash photography!) this (top picture) is the only one that turned out sort of ok. Maybe someday when its not so busy, I’ll try again, when I won’t feel so guilty messing with my camera and taking even non flash pictures with a room full of people.

By then it was pretty close to noon and time to head for the meet.

The magical RadioBarry, and my first time meeting Hilsbro, one of the founding members of my Teen Posse and the Random Court. Poor kid.... when I realized who he was I think I scared him almost to death. Darkbeer and Adelade round out the pics!

Teenagers on the loose, RadioBarry and aashee talk baseball (I’m guessing), Adelade remembers when she was this tall, and Pezz, Adelade, aashee’s son and the Pezzlings brighten up the Pooh ride.

For some reason I didn’t take any pictures at lunch. I guess I was to busy both stuffing my face and talking. See my post count? Yeah, in real life I can’t shut up either.

It was hot, it was thinking about getting muggyish, but it was a great afternoon anyway. A group of us had pizza and salads for lunch, walked all the way across the park to ride Pooh, and by then it was late afternoon and many of us had to head out. We left Dan-Tasmic and Rex Dopey 24 to seek out their own action, FanaticFangirl headed to parts unknown, Pezz, the Pezzlings and Adelade had fastpasses for Buzz, aashee and son needed to head home, and PhotoMatt and I took the grand circle tour to Main Street and talked of shoes, and ships and ceiling wax and all things Disney...

It was hot, it was crowded but it was a fun weekend none the less with some great people having some great times!!

And thats the way it was....

(and if anyone else has some "random" shots of the weekend they want to add, please feel free to piggy back here!)

•   

The flag is the state flag of Louisiana. The bird is a brown pelican.

I used to live there, so it's easy to tell.

•   
    • Jester of Randomness

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PhotoMatt View Post
    The flag is the state flag of Louisiana. The bird is a brown pelican.

I used to live there, so it's easy to tell.
    See I knew someone around here would have the answer!!

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Thanks again PS! I know why you didn't get any lunch pictures. I was busy kissing up to you in case I ever get a permenent visit to the litter box. Can't hurt being nice to the boss!

•   
    • Jester of Randomness

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Villains Fan View Post
    I love how you always lay your pictures out so artistically, Pengy. That blurry picture pretty much sums up how I was seeing the world . It was great seeing you (although not for nearly long enough).
    Yes! But I think we actually got to talk more this time than any of the other meets! Maybe in June we'll get some more time to visit!

Quote Originally Posted by IzzyInWonderland View Post
    Looks like so much fun! And I'm jealous you got a picture with Maynard. I've been on the hunt for years. I wasn't sure if he still worked at the park.
    Oh he's still there. I've seen him a couple of times in the park during meets. He thought he was going to get to go on a break but I chased him across the Opera House screaming his name to get a picture of him. Yeah... see me running toward you and you're to scared to run away.

No really he's a very sweet guy. He was more than happy to stop for a few seconds to get the picture!

•   
    • Jester of Randomness

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    Thanks again PS! I know why you didn't get any lunch pictures. I was busy kissing up to you in case I ever get a permenent visit to the litter box. Can't hurt being nice to the boss!
    And I thought it was because I spent all of lunch beating you with my mommy stick in person.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post
    And I thought it was because I spent all of lunch beating you with my mommy stick in person.
    That was an added bonus! Aashee jr. particularly liked that!

•   
    • Jester of Randomness

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    That was an added bonus! Aashee jr. particularly liked that!
    He did seem to enjoy seeing you in pain didn't he...

Good lord now you've got me derailing my own thread!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast