Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

• Minion

Re: CM smoking on stage (in a smoking area, at least)

Quote Originally Posted by IzzyInWonderland View Post
    I've been back stage and let me tell you, it kills some of the magic a bit. There are these ugly trailers and smoking CM's and broken down rides parts, Costumed characters with their heads off, some of it is neat to see. But I'd just as soon never have been backstage all together.
    I'd have to agree the smoking on stage is poor form and the last thing we need is for Disney CM's to be compared to the Magic Mountain ride operators who don't care about anything....
    I see that you've only seen the good parts.

• Thanks, Ollie

There are totally enough backstage smoking areas, and much easier to get to from CC than the NOS dock smoking area. There's no excuse for a CM to smoke on stage.

yeah that cast member was in the wrong. He should have not been smoking onstage, that is bad show indeed!

• =)

But I'd just as soon never have been backstage all together.
    Feel free to donate the memories to my brain!

- Datameister, who has also been backstage several times and is drooling for more.

• Mrs. J. Depp

Quote Originally Posted by Datameister View Post
    Feel free to donate the memories to my brain!

- Datameister, who has also been backstage several times and is drooling for more.
    We went into this really nice building behind the Fantasyland theater which I'm sort of assuming is the brains of that whole part of the park. There were control rooms i believe, and sound rooms. Really clean, nice building. This was maybe 6 or 7 years ago. I saw a teacup out of commission. People driving golf carts around. We exited through the tunnel that dumps out right across from those bathrooms near Village Haus on the way to Frontierland. It's not like the back stage area is bad or anything. It's neat to be able to say i got a peek. But if your someone who'd rather not see CM's being "real people" and other "back stage" things, then i hope you don't see it.

Facebook me!
    Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

Quote Originally Posted by mousechild View Post
    [sarcasm]Oh yes go immediately to City Hall. But first take a picture so the offending CM can be rightfully flogged.[/sarcasm]

LMAO

I am willing to bet Disney has failed to put a backstage smoking area that the CM can reach during their break. Don't complain about the CM complain that Disney is not providing adequate support for their employees.
    In no way is this an excuse. People choose their actions. Period!

• Progressive Disneylander

I've yet to go to City Hall with a complaint, but if I saw this, it would have been been there filing my complaint. Not only does it kill the show, but it sets a horrible example for kids. The CMs, when on-duty, are characters in their own right. Their behavior should be held to a higher standard than the average guest.

• cmcmcmcmcmcmcmcmcm

This just sucks. But really, anyone smoking disgusts me.

"I'm not funny. What I am is brave." - Lucille Ball

• Minion

[sarcasm]Oh yes go immediately to City Hall. But first take a picture so the offending CM can be rightfully flogged.[/sarcasm]

LMAO

I am willing to bet Disney has failed to put a backstage smoking area that the CM can reach during their break. Don't complain about the CM complain that Disney is not providing adequate support for their employees.
    They really don't use those archaic behavioral modification tactics anymore.

Instead they rendition them to TDA for proper cultural adaptation and brainwashing, er, counseling.

•   
    • Blind to His Own Faults

Only if we give them back to the unfriendly Indians as war canoes.
    Agreed. DIS won't tolerate scalping, however--only fleecing.

• Mickey Mouse Slave

maybe they werent CMs, they were just people dressed like CM colors.
    ~ A Cute, Little, Fuzzy, Silly, and Chubby Cast Member ~

• Thanks, Ollie

Quote Originally Posted by KISSman View Post
    I've yet to go to City Hall with a complaint, but if I saw this, it would have been been there filing my complaint. Not only does it kill the show, but it sets a horrible example for kids. The CMs, when on-duty, are characters in their own right. Their behavior should be held to a higher standard than the average guest.
    Very well put, KISSman.

• Mickey Mouse Slave

Quote Originally Posted by KISSman View Post
    *cough* *cough*

if you think thats BAD example for kids, i really dont enjoy seeing babies and kids sitting with their parents in the smoking area smoking will the baby and kid watches. I seriously want to punch them in the face.

Thats A LOT worse than a CM smoking onstage.
    ~ A Cute, Little, Fuzzy, Silly, and Chubby Cast Member ~

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Duffy View Post
    *cough* *cough*

if you think thats BAD example for kids, i really dont enjoy seeing babies and kids sitting with their parents in the smoking area smoking will the baby and kid watches. I seriously want to punch them in the face.

Thats A LOT worse than a CM smoking onstage.
    While we're at it, we should separate them from their older teenage siblings who are often out-of-control bad examples of strange behavior.

• Fastest Man Alive

No one is going to defend it. I've seen it on quite a few occasions that after the park is closed and folks leaving, some CMs think that the rules go bye-bye as the last few guests are trickling out of the park. Went by Plaza Pavillion to find a CM sitting on a table on his cellphone blalantly, he saw me staring and defended himself saying he was on break. The concept of show is lost on some folks.
    If all that mattered was whether guests were around or not, then maybe this could be allowed but only AFTER the park is declared by security (they do this in stages every night).
    But that is not the case. Otherwise those CMs working 3rd shift would be able to wear whatever they wanted and do whatever they wanted. Such is not the case.
    This was an incident that was not petty, and the CMs involved should have been reported.
    "If we cut the budget are you going to be the one standing at the exit explaining to guests why the ride they just rode is a piece of crap?" - - John Lasseter

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast