Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

• "I Break Things"

Re: CM smoking on stage (in a smoking area, at least)

Quote Originally Posted by teriG View Post
    I dunno; smoking in Critter Country gives it that Old West feel. If the CM had rolled their own I would give them extra points for authenticity.
    Pipe... if he had a pipe it would have had that Southern Flavor and would have been extra points.

Quote Originally Posted by vannie<3 View Post
    we are not allowed to have water bottles and drink from them on stage.
    Ummmm you may wish to talk to your Shop Steward about that one. Depending on the heat index you actually CAN do this! Safety vs Show... look it up.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• Banned User

smoking bans (for guests and cm's) would be perfectly fine in my eyes. I don't smoke, so what's the issue here? only thing a smoker has to worry about with me is being poisoned by the fresh air I breathe... look underneath the innoventions break trailer, there are hundreds of thousands of cigarette butts underneath it, pretty disgusting. I spend more time backstage, onstage (the 15 minute parking lot and taxi stand area being perfect examples) sweeping up thousands of cigarette butts, more so then popcorn.

it's time for a public smoking ban here, period

• I don't feel tardy.

Quote Originally Posted by fo'c's'le swab View Post
    Critter Country has nothing to do with the Old West. But I agree that it should--in fact, CC should be given back to Frontierland, Pooh and SplM gotten rid of, and appropriate Frontierland attractions be installed. Keep the canoes, and give 'em back to the Indians.
    Gah! I wrote Critter Country, but I was thinking of the smoking area between Fantasyland and Frontierland - and the Big Thunder costumes.

Quote Originally Posted by techskip View Post
    Pipe... if he had a pipe it would have had that Southern Flavor and would have been extra points.
    Techskip, I'm making you my head writer!
    Come visit my town! http://www.teritown.myminicity.com

Click to give an animal free food and care: http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Wally View Post
    But that is not the case. Otherwise those CMs working 3rd shift would be able to wear whatever they wanted and do whatever they wanted. Such is not the case.
    the big offenders of it all are the outside contractors they drag in, look at those tattooed darlings they practically hire from the home depots... good grief. give me 2500 3rd shift cast members with untucked shirts over a heavily tattooed outside contractor anyday. they also trash the onstage areas pretty bad, esplanade is getting areas resurfaced (read, acid washed) so people aren't slipping and falling on their butts. problem is, it's using acid, which is washing down the drains, it's leaving marks in the areas they don't control it properly, and it's also pretty hazardous to the health of anyone walking by, they are using pressure washers to spray the junk on....

Quote Originally Posted by techskip View Post
    Ummmm you may wish to talk to your Shop Steward about that one. Depending on the heat index you actually CAN do this! Safety vs Show... look it up.
    I think he was referring to a general policy. Yes, certain Heat Indices allow water to be carried on stage.

Ummmm you may wish to talk to your Shop Steward about that one. Depending on the heat index you actually CAN do this! Safety vs Show... look it up.[/QUOTE]

I looked into it and No we cant at the specific attractions i work for. CDS picks CMs to be optimized and during hot index days there is always a cast member bumping people out on rotation for water breaks so therefore no water bottles on stage. Although i do know story book can because of there specific circumstance. Bieng under the sun spieling water reflecting sun. Ok so i have totally went of subject from the thread sorry ....!!!

• And they call me Mad!

Blog Entries

Really?

You're getting upset about this? Really?

I could see that you'd have valid complaint if he followed you around the park blowing smoke in your face or was lighting up inside.

But, why would this bother anyone? Seriously. Just go about your day, one person is outside smoking so what? This is America, Dammit!
    What an idiot....

Yeah, I do that Twitter thing.

•   
    • Blind to His Own Faults

Quote Originally Posted by teriG View Post
    Techskip, I'm making you my head writer!
    Convenient, cause that's where you would find most of his 'writings'.

or...'Writer' Sam...head writer? Anyone?

• Haunted Mansion Lover

Quote Originally Posted by Tui View Post
    Really?

You're getting upset about this? Really?

I could see that you'd have valid complaint if he followed you around the park blowing smoke in your face or was lighting up inside.

But, why would this bother anyone? Seriously. Just go about your day, one person is outside smoking so what? This is America, Dammit!
    Ah- the American Dream- to do whatever you want- where ever you want- to whomever you want with no remorse.

No wonder everyone loves this country!
    Foolish Mortal

• And they call me Mad!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by doombuggy driver View Post
    Ah- the American Dream- to do whatever you want- where ever you want- to whomever you want with no remorse.

No wonder everyone loves this country!
    Was the CM breaking the law? No.

Were they in a designated smoking area? Yes.

Harming anyone? Only themselves and the people inside the designated smoking area, which is why the area is designated in the first place.

Don't want smoke? Then don't go into the smoking area. Its not like they're unavoidable and wandering the park.
    What an idiot....

Um... I'm fairly sure that smoking onstage is definitely not allowed. the designated smoking areas are for GUESTS. Not the folks who are working there! there are plenty of areas backstage to smoke, so really they wasted more of their time making their way out to the onstage smoking area, rather than just keeping it behind whatever attraction or food area they were supposed to be manning.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Folks,

The thread is about a CM smoking while in the park. This is not about the merits, legality,or health hazards.

Let us all discuss the situation at hand. If y'all really want to debate smoking itself, then crack open the velcro on your dukes of hazzard wallet and spring for the gold club. You can debate to your heart's content in there.

<off soap box>

Give the CM a break---Please

He probably had a bad day at work! Cut him some slack. I'm sure if he we're caught he would get written up. Only a matter of time. No need to create negative energy on yourself when spending the day at the Happiest place on Earth. Life is too short to worry about a CM smoking in the smoking area.

• And they call me Mad!

Blog Entries

Re: Give the CM a break---Please

Quote Originally Posted by snappy View Post
    He probably had a bad day at work! Cut him some slack. I'm sure if he we're caught he would get written up. Only a matter of time. No need to create negative energy on yourself when spending the day at the Happiest place on Earth. Life is too short to worry about a CM smoking in the smoking area.
    This.
    What an idiot....

• For You!

I'm surprised that they let CM's smoke while in costume period. There's nothing I like better than going onto a ride (or in an elevator) with someone that smells like stale cigarette smoke.....sorry, the smell doesn't appeal to me.

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast