Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

• "I Break Things"

Re: CM smoking on stage (in a smoking area, at least)

Quote Originally Posted by Snow_White_Raven View Post
    When I took my saftey for leads class I asked about the whole water bottle on stage thing and basically they said I don't care how hot it is no water... There are backstage water fountains with in reach and thats all their is to it... (not in those exact words of course... come on it is Disney) Florida CMs however have a different situation because it is about the same temp however with much more humidity and fewer backstage water fountains.... Maybe one day our humidity will get to a point where water bottles on stage will be allowed in extreme temperatures...
    I do not know about Mr F. but I was not referring to Florida. If it hits Heat Index 2 (code 95 for all your old timers like me out there) you can have a water bottle on your person and Management can not write you up for it! If you don't believe me contact your Union Steward and DOSH...

I know this specifically because I fought Management on this after I dragged that Skip out of the boat who collapsed from heat exhaustion. As I said before Management didn't always like me and I really didn't care if they did or not.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• is too darn hot.

Quote Originally Posted by ZedIzDead View Post
    Only people in MC care about something like this. In the real world, nobody notices or cares at all. But since this IS fantasyland, lets pretend it IS a big deal. For the minimum wage worker who gets caught, what is the worst that will happen? Get fired? Big deal. They can get a new job working at the new Garden Walk Mall. Probably better pay. Until Disney does something about it's pay, you can expect things like this.

Frankly I think that if you are spending the day at Disneyland and something like this bugs you to the point of snapping a picture and then waiting in a long line at city hall... Well that pretty sad IMO.
    It's bad show. Without show, Disneyland is just another amusement park, so why devote an entire message board to it?
    The Right Honorable Count Boogie Bonz of Random, at your service.

On Track for Weight Loss!

Quote Originally Posted by techskip View Post
    I do not know about Mr F. but I was not referring to Florida. If it hits Heat Index 2 (code 95 for all your old timers like me out there) you can have a water bottle on your person and Management can not write you up for it! If you don't believe me contact your Union Steward and DOSH.
    I was talking about Anaheim. It's specifically "small water bottles," but with a policy of having a five-gallon water cooler less than 200 feet from any workspace (excluding ODV), those are easily refilled.

I remember one shift where I was handed a cup of water, on stage, by a manager. Later that day, the Lead offered me a refridgerated bottle of water.

• Minion

Blog Entries

Like I said I don't know for sure in regards to what actually happens, all I know is that in my DisneyLAND Saftey for Leads training they said no water bottles at all. Water is close enough backstage at any given location that they are not allowed...
    Please help me raise money for children's hospitals by clicking the extra life image.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Snow_White_Raven View Post
    Like I said I don't know for sure in regards to what actually happens, all I know is that in my DisneyLAND Saftey for Leads training they said no water bottles at all. Water is close enough backstage at any given location that they are not allowed...
    Don't know what your LOB is but with Attractions, we can be 'trapped' on-stage for up to 3 hours between breaks depending upon the attraction. That's an impractical and intolerable period of time to go between water breaks as the heat indexes kick in.

• Minion

Blog Entries

my LOB is hotels however my class was a generic class for all leads in all LOB's...
    Please help me raise money for children's hospitals by clicking the extra life image.

It's bad show. Without show, Disneyland is just another amusement park, so why devote an entire message board to it?
    Yeah, but to you people if a CM dressed in Fronterland costume stops to tie his shoe, it's Bad Show. They didn't have shoelaces back in those days. Or did they? Hmmmmm.

I'm not defending the smoking. I'm just saying nobdy notices or cares except for uptight folks with thier camera ready to report any violation they see.

I agree the Disneyland is like no other park in the world. But I can tell you, I worked a summer at Magic Mountian. They have stupid rules too. I know cause I broke them all the time. I didn't wear 'approved' sunglasses.

• Rear Window=Best Movie

What A Blantant Disregard To Show.

• is too darn hot.

Quote Originally Posted by ZedIzDead View Post
    Yeah, but to you people if a CM dressed in Fronterland costume stops to tie his shoe, it's Bad Show. They didn't have shoelaces back in those days. Or did they? Hmmmmm.

I'm not defending the smoking. I'm just saying nobdy notices or cares except for uptight folks with thier camera ready to report any violation they see.

I agree the Disneyland is like no other park in the world. But I can tell you, I worked a summer at Magic Mountian. They have stupid rules too. I know cause I broke them all the time. I didn't wear 'approved' sunglasses.
    Approved sunglass... You mean ones that don't have large, glaring corporate logos and ones that don't obscure the eyes? Those rules exist for a reason. Guests tend to get nervous when they can't tell if someone's looking. I was buying some popcorn for my girlfriend the other day at Disneyland and the girl behind the cart had some enormous, white framed opaque sunglasses. I stood there for a minute before I realized she was looking somewhere else and not paying attention to the guy standing there trying to get her to do her job. So yeah, show is important. The rules are important.

Stopping to tie your shoes doesn't break show, but smoking in costume in view of the guests does. And no, it's not just uptight Disney nerds who would be bothered by it, because my parents aren't uptight Disney nerds and they'd be bothered by it, too. So would any manager walking by, and so would any number of guests. If someone is out there with their name tag on, in costume, and smoking when a guest walked up and asked a question, that guest would walk away with a lower opinion of Disneyland and the Disneyland experience.
    The Right Honorable Count Boogie Bonz of Random, at your service.

On Track for Weight Loss!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456