Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

• 'Taint sure it's puddin!

Re: Tortilla Joe's - Never again

Quote Originally Posted by Druggas
    I always have a problem with anyone adding a gratuity on my bill. It is what I want to give not what they require. That other fee you were charged, is bogus. I wouldn't have paid it or their tip. If they want your business, and 40 people is big business, then they should have catered to your needs. You paid for a service that was not up to standard. You should confront the manager and find out just what their policy is concerning AP's. And I would make them explain that last fee on the check.
    Agreed and well said.

Thanks for the heads up. We have been wanting to go there, but now we shall avoid.
    "Search the boat...."
    First works spoken by Captain Nemo (James Mason) in the Disney classic - 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea

PROUD Member Of................

Do you MiceChat?
    There are several ways for you to help support the site you love:
    - visit the MiceChat store
    - Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page
    Whatever you do, your help is much appreciated!

• 0 to 200 mph in 1 second!

Ditto everything that was written above. The whole situation was outrageous. Truly they did none of us any favors.

• That Guy

^ And it's not like they are a non-profit!! They should take great care of you, and make you feel like you are taken care of and you would want to come back!

Oh well. Their loss.

• Mentat

I always have a problem with anyone adding a gratuity on my bill. It is what I want to give not what they require. That other fee you were charged, is bogus. I wouldn't have paid it or their tip. If they want your business, and 40 people is big business, then they should have catered to your needs. You paid for a service that was not up to standard. You should confront the manager and find out just what their policy is concerning AP's. And I would make them explain that last fee on the check.
    A big top is not big business if you could fill the tables otherwise.

• Mentat

Quote Originally Posted by Fishbulb
    On the contrary I found the service to be prompt considering the size of the group.
    My guess is that they DID staff for the occasion. See my thought on the "no more than 20?" comment.

• insufferable know-it-all

cbkon: a big top is an occasion to make a good impression on people who have never been in your restaurant but might be inclined to return frequently if they are pleased with it. In that sense, they failed miserably.

Again, not because of the staff, who did their jobs just fine, not even because of the inconsistent food quality, but because of policies which are tailor-made for angering customers.

And it's been a problem time and time again.

I take that back, some people won't go there again because they hate the food.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• LoisAlene

I always have a problem with anyone adding a gratuity on my bill. It is what I want to give not what they require.
    The "gratuity added" is common when you have a large group of people dining at once. Personal experience says that people dining in large groups tend to undertip most of the time. There is nothing so disheartening as running your feet off for a large group that leaves you less than 10%.

Honestly, though, I have Never heard of an administration fee!

War is over if you want it...

Peace - Love - Mickey Mouse

• insufferable know-it-all

Yeah, gratuity I have no problem with because it also keeps members of the group from deciding on their own to tip less, which inevitably makes other people in the group feel compelled to make up the difference, which isn't cool.

But the 4% admin fee for the privilege of reservations? C'mon, next time (not that there will be one, but if there was), we could just drop in on them unannounced, all 40 of us. Yeah, that's EXACTLY what you want to encourage people to do....

And the AP thing is a slap in the face. I mean, I didn't even think of it till the meal was over, but apparently someone did - and finding out they wouldn't honor it because we had reservations is THE stupidest thing I've ever heard.

I swear, every time we go in there they come up with a different yet equally absurd excuse for why they won't honor their AP deal. Just stop offering it if you don't want people using it! At least that's honest!

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

I'm in agreement with Morrigoon et al. And I would add that this is DTD we're talking about. Most groups that go there ARE big groups. Families of 6, etc. You would think in such a "high traffic" area of DTD, Disneyland and DCA they would expect that larger groups would appear.

For the record I had Water and those horrible chips for dinner that night and I was dissapointed...

• @ DENIAL ISLAND

Wish you were here!!! Come on in the water's fine @ Club DENIAL

The admin fee was a joke. I wouldn't mind upping the tip % but what did the admin do?? I am glad I had a drink to mellow me so I didn't go off.
    Up until the bill it was WONDERFUL!!!!!!!

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Olympicnut
    First off I want Kat to know this by no means means (too many means) we are angry with her for our feelings on TJ's because it actually wasnt the first choice, it was the only one that could accomodate all of us at that particular time frame without going into the 9:30pm time slot, and we appreciate all the work she did for organizing said event. It was great to hang with everyone regardless.
    Agreed!

That said, I'm with ya'll. My quesadilla was ok, cant really screw up a quesadilla, but that admin fee? PUH-LEEZE! The chips were nasty and that salsa was, eh. $3.50 for a soft drink? LORDY!
    HA! My chicken tasted burned and gross. It was also very dry and there was hardly any cheese. The soup was decent, though, I'll give them that. As was my frozen maragarita.

however, I did have a fabulous time anyway!
    Last edited by NeverNeverland; 08-15-2005 at 07:21 PM.
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

Wow, I was going to try this place on my next trip (I love "Mexican" food), but after reading this I don't think I'll set foot in there. I'll go down to ESPN or something.

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

I've NEVER had a problem at Tortilla Jo's. The food is not the best, but I tend to stick to appetizers and they are decent. I wouldn't go there for "mexican food" though! LOL My drinks are always good, always and the chips and salsa have never been bad for me.

I've never had a service problem there either, in fact last time we were there in July we had great service and no odd fee's, with the 10% for the AP discount. But we also got seperate checks.

I like TJ's!!

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• MiceChat News Team
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Administrator
    • MiceChat Contributer

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dsnylndmom
    I like TJ's!!
    EVERYONE GET HER!!!
    "All my life I've had one dream, to achieve my many goals.
    Homer Jay Simpson

• Senior Minion

Tortilla Joes, is a sad mistake for a "Mexican Restaurant" the Steak Fajitas I had were not worth the 16.50! They weren't even on a Hot frying griddle served to me. I can get this from my hometown restaurant and more food. The plate was small and the steak had hardly any taste to it. And the 10 AP WAS NOT Honored because of the large group reservations. No way, am I going there for food again. The Margarita's I ordered were good. Sorry . But I expected better from Joe's.

I appreciate that I was able to be apart of Katie and Derek's, and Ken and Theresa's wonderful moment.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast