Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Monte Cristo?

• Knows Where His Towel Is

Re: Monte Cristo?

I absolutely love it when you bite into one and the cheese oozes out.

INTERGALACTIC WRITER FOR THE HITCHHIKER'S GUIDE TO THE GALAXY
    HOOPY FROODS:thinkingofdisney11, DisneyIzz, A113, dmtnt55, MikeSkellington, zephr, Incrediboy, JungleCruiseFan, PerformerInWaiting, MainStreetJake, The Disneylander, littleactressann, DapperJoshua, padgerfan, SS77, DisneyLove, GummiBears_Rock, fangalicious44, animekiti4christ, *disneyprincess*, monorailorange33, Colorized, iskategoofy, stevo505, mandypandy, williamtheking, CaptainEO,Atis, firebolt413, cocoa, WendyInWonderland, ICe101, itsxxdomoxxkun, esquivel

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER!
    ASK ME ANYTHING! :: FORMSPRING.ME
    FOLLOW MY BLOG: <>

• coco puff/chanel

Blog Entries

which one is less greasy and rich- the three cheese one or the one with the meat? i have never had either but which one is tastier?

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

With the size of the sandwich being mentioned a lot, do they have the ability to take home what you don't finish or do you just lose the rest?

• Dreaming of Disneyland

Quote Originally Posted by SummerInFL View Post
    With the size of the sandwich being mentioned a lot, do they have the ability to take home what you don't finish or do you just lose the rest?
    I'm sure you could if you wanted to. I've never taken it home, because I imagine that it wouldn't be anywhere as good as when it's fresh. I think it'd get soggy, and then when you reheated it would get gummy/chewy.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's knittingknurse now.

Blog Entries

I've had the meat one, the cheese one, and PB &J one. Like the PB&J one the most. Granted it's a fried peanut butter and jelly sandwich (I think it's one of those Crustables too), but soooo good!

• A Weather Eye Open

When I ordered it at Blue Bayou, i did NOT have room to finish it, and it was around 4 o clock or 5 30, and i hadn't eaten all day. i managed to eat two of the four pieces, but i could only fit in a little bit of my potatoes and there was no room for desert. my boyfriend's chicken wasn't as big as my sandwich, so he ate one of my pieces, and i took the rest home for my fridge. it was still really delish a day later, out of the microwave! (I had some of the sauce with me too).

it was really good, but incredibly huge and filling.
    "And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by" (John Masefield)

• Disney Princess

Monte Cristos are a must have every time I go to DisneyLand, but I do have to split them, very filling! The only way we usually get water side is by going for lunch and getting one of the first reservations!

• Waiting for the stork

It entirely depends on your appitite,

I get one each trip and I have only shared it twice, once when I was pregnant (couldn't eat much of anything) and once with a friend who wanted to try it.

I always eat the entire thing, all the sides and order a dessert. But I have a huge appitite.

I think that's the key factor

If you usualy eat small portions, then you may want to share, but if you can handle large portions, you'll most likely be fine.

Oh and as to water side, I have never waited more than 30 minutes (Mid July on the 50th), and usualy it's closer to 10, despite what they say.
    procrastibating

• I'm not really here

Quote Originally Posted by The Disneylander View Post
    Monte Cristos are heaven on Earth. That is all. The Greek gods didn't eat nectar and ambrosia, they ate Monte Christo sandwiches.
    My wife could not agree more with you. I really don't mind the MC, but it's not my favorite in the world.

As for the size... I can eat the whole thing in a single sitting and be ok. Others can't. Just depends.

Waterside can cost you a significant wait. It depends on when you get there. We usually try to get within the first 10 minutes of the lunch seating. That way there are plenty of tables open and they can accommodate us by the water within a few minutes. If your reservation is later, you may have to wait for a part or two to finish before they can get you seated.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

I've been known to finish them, and I've been known to not--just depends on how hungry I am and whatever else is ordered. When I get it from Cafe Orleans, I never end up with room for the Mickey Beignets though....I'm curious to try those!

By the way, if you like the Monte Cristo and have a Bennigan's in your area....check it out. While it's not as festive as being on Disney property and all, I think they actually serve a SUPERIOR version of the Monte Cristo. As good as Disney's version is, Bennigan's is actually tastier. It's easily one of my favorite meals of all time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12