Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Monte Cristo?

• Banned User

Monte Cristo?

Hello,
    Well last week I went to the Blue Bayou for Dinner and it was fantastic! I had a walk-in that day. Well today I made reservations for lunce on Saturday.

First off, Is the Monte Cristo sandwich too big? I heard it is to big for a person to finish.

Also, How long is the wait for a water side table ?

Thanks

• Mrs. J. Depp

Re: Monte Cristo?

I think the average person would have to split a Monte Cristo, not only are they big but very filling too. And for waterside seating, it really depends. I've gotten it both times within ten minutes of requesting it. For lunch maybe you'll have better luck, i think dinnertime gets more crowded.

Facebook me!
    Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

• Wishin' On A Star!!!!

We love the Monte Cristo sandwich too!!! Depends on how hungry you are .........we sometimes share it but if we have an early lunch with no breakfast each of us can finish it easily. The last time we had reservations, we arrived about 20 minutes early and put in a request for a water table. It was kinda weird because it seemed the hostess did her best to persuade us against a water table. She said the wait would be very long and there were at least 8 people ahead of us. We didn't care .......... we just wanted to sit by the water. I'd estimate we were seated within 10 minutes of our original reservation time and once we got in there were numerous seats by the water since lunch service had just begun. Odd but no matter. Have fun and remember if you get a Monte Cristo craving you can always get one (cheaper) across the sidewalk at (I think it's called) Cafe Orleans. Not sure if that's the right one but someone here will certainly correct it. Have a great time and eat an MC for me!!!!
    DisneyBroad54

• Banned User

As a teenager, I eat a lot of carbs, and I happen to burn them faster than most people. If you want carbs, get it, but I could only finish about 1/2 of it. If one thing is for sure, you will not be hungry when you are done, and it's really good, though not good for you.

The wait for a water side table could be pretty long, and we inquire about that, but take what we get. Unfortunately, I haven't sat by the water in ages.

• YOU KNOW IT! YEAH!

geez...ever since ive learned how to make em, my friends have me cook em up for parties. I keep the serving size the same and everyone eats their own! They are either really good, or my friends have bottomless stomachs.

SUPPORT THE CMs

For me, Tomorrow is everyday...wait...what?

• The Pirate Girl

I had one on Sunday. I was able to eat three of the four pieces to it. But I hadn't had much else to eat that day.
    For certain you must be lost to find the places that can't be found. Elseways, everyone would know where it was.

• Choosy Moms Choose Jeff

I usually split one with someone because they are SOOO big and greasy. I do love them, however, it is just way too much for me to handle...and I'm a member or the fluffy club.

•   
    • Sponge & A Rusty Spanner

They are really tasty, but very greasy. I ate a whole one once and it was one of the worst eating decisions I ever made. I'll leave it at that.
    Fight On! Beat the Beavers!

Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge Quote of the Week:

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Speaking of "drive-by" my cousin just became the new drummer for -Train-
    The only thing we have to shame is ... shame itself!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

I always eat the whole thing, no problem. Of course, I am 6'4", with a very healthy metabolism!

I don't think the Monte Cristo is too greasy, at all. I've eaten it several times at Café Orléans, and they are either perfect, or darn well near it, every time. Once in the Blue Bayou, I ordered it, but it came out soggy, and not that good.

But I ALWAYS recommend it very highly to anyone who's never eaten one. It is quite simply the best sandwich in the world.

• Banned User

I love the monte cristo and often, come close to polishing it off myself! ha! My hubby will help out at times too. Depends upon how much I've already had to eat that day. I haven't had one that seemed overly greasy, maybe I've lucked out. Dang...I forgot to have one last week when I was at DL!!

• Evil Queen in Training

Quote Originally Posted by Alex E View Post
    As a teenager, I eat a lot of carbs, and I happen to burn them faster than most people. If you want carbs, get it, but I could only finish about 1/2 of it. If one thing is for sure, you will not be hungry when you are done, and it's really good, though not good for you.

The wait for a water side table could be pretty long, and we inquire about that, but take what we get. Unfortunately, I haven't sat by the water in ages.

<pttttttttttttttt>
    freak'in carb burning teen <grumble grumble grumble>

your day will come, and I will laugh~~~~

<fyi- coming from a place of love>
    R.I.P.

January 3, 2008-January 27, 2008

May you rest in peace in the happiest place on earth.

(FYI you were replaced with Winne the Pooh Shoes for $12.00 at Walmart)

• Knows Where His Towel Is

Monte Cristos are heaven on Earth. That is all. The Greek gods didn't eat nectar and ambrosia, they ate Monte Christo sandwiches.

INTERGALACTIC WRITER FOR THE HITCHHIKER'S GUIDE TO THE GALAXY
    HOOPY FROODS:thinkingofdisney11, DisneyIzz, A113, dmtnt55, MikeSkellington, zephr, Incrediboy, JungleCruiseFan, PerformerInWaiting, MainStreetJake, The Disneylander, littleactressann, DapperJoshua, padgerfan, SS77, DisneyLove, GummiBears_Rock, fangalicious44, animekiti4christ, *disneyprincess*, monorailorange33, Colorized, iskategoofy, stevo505, mandypandy, williamtheking, CaptainEO,Atis, firebolt413, cocoa, WendyInWonderland, ICe101, itsxxdomoxxkun, esquivel

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER!
    ASK ME ANYTHING! :: FORMSPRING.ME
    FOLLOW MY BLOG: <>

• Thanks, Ollie

They're fantastic, but suppppper rich. That's the only reason why I split mine with a friend.

Quote Originally Posted by The Disneylander View Post
    Monte Cristos are heaven on Earth. That is all. The Greek gods didn't eat nectar and ambrosia, they ate Monte Christo sandwiches.

I couldn't agree more. Mind you, I only get to eat one every 5 or 10 years

Anyone willing to share the recipie?
    Visited DLR 1976,1978,1991,2001,2007, 2011; WDW 1976,1985: DLRP 2010

• Minion

Carbs? If ONLY the Monte Cristo was mostly carbs. Carbs are great building blocks for energy... but the beauty of the MC is the FAT...lol Deep Fried fatty goodness. mmmm mmmm mmmmmm

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast