5K Family Fun Run

We've made our hotel reservations & will be registering soon for the 5k family fun run. This will be our first time & we're all really looking forward to it. My question is are you required to run the entire 5k? There is a 15 minute per mile pacing requirement which won't be a problem because I do this almost daily when walking my dog. I'm just not sure that I will be able to run the entire way, although I've started adding some running into my walks. Plus my two daughters and my niece (ages 10,12, & 13) will be doing it with me. Do they allow a run/walk combo as long as you stay under the 15 minutes? One more thing.....am I correct in assuming that this will be the second busiest weekend this summer? (5k, 1/2 marathon, labor day weekend, last weekend before school starts?)

• Ultimate Margarita Time!

Re: 5K Family Fun Run

When is the run?

August 30 & 31

•   
    • Kerplookee

Quote Originally Posted by Tink1969 View Post
    We've made our hotel reservations & will be registering soon for the 5k family fun run. This will be our first time & we're all really looking forward to it. My question is are you required to run the entire 5k? There is a 15 minute per mile pacing requirement which won't be a problem because I do this almost daily when walking my dog. I'm just not sure that I will be able to run the entire way, although I've started adding some running into my walks. Plus my two daughters and my niece (ages 10,12, & 13) will be doing it with me. Do they allow a run/walk combo as long as you stay under the 15 minutes? One more thing.....am I correct in assuming that this will be the second busiest weekend this summer? (5k, 1/2 marathon, labor day weekend, last weekend before school starts?)
    You will be fine. The event caters to family's and is meant to be more fun than competition. You can do a light jog, walk when you want, stop to take photo's with characters and finish with plenty of time.
    Thankfully it was so hot last year the sweat blurred my vision and I could not see the crowds.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpee View Post
    I only care for Disney bling!

I ran the half marathon last year and did not find the crowds to be much of a problem. I arrived Friday night, spent Saturday in the park and did not find it crowded at all. The half marathon was on Monday , so I stayed in my hotel on Sunday and rested. But from what I understand, Sunday was the busiest day of the Labor Day Weekend. The Park was pretty full Monday afternoon, after the race. But by Monday evening the crowds had died down. It was also 100 + degrees outside - I am sure that kept some of the crowds away. Have fun!
    Deedlebug