Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• FastPass n00b

Speaking along with the ride spiels

One of the things that sometimes happens is a group of people will start speaking along with the Haunted Mansion in the elevator or the safety spiel in Thunder Mountain. Now, I'm sure this is probably a divided issue, but to me when guests start repeating the narration it gets very annoying. Admittedly, I can definitely understand why people do it (it is pretty catchy after all) and most of them probably don't realize how annoying it is. I've seen everything tons of times before so it's not THAT big of a deal to me, but what about the people who have never seen Disneyland before who have never heard the narration and want to hear it for themselves, not someone else's voice.

I'm all for people enjoying themselves at Disneyland, of course. But I think people have to realize that there are people at Disneyland who have never experienced it before and want to enjoy it for themselves. You know, I don't even mind if people simply repeat the narration/spiels to themselves. But most of them belt it out so the entire group can hear.

Re: Speaking along with the ride spiels

People that do this are flat out rude. It doesnt take much common sense to realize that speaking along with the narration so everyone can hear it can ruin someone elses experience.

On a different note, if your experience is ruined while riding an attraction (like a group screaming, splasing water, SPEAKING WITH THE NARRATION), can you ask a CM at the exit to have another ride? Will they usually honor your request?

• Basking in birthday love

It's been a long time since I've heard it on Big Thunder, mainly because the spiel is slightly different now. As for Haunted Mansion, I don't think I've ever ridden it without everyone saying, "This chamber has no windows... AND NO DOORS." I've never gotten the feeling from anyone that they were horribly offended by half the room chanting that line. What bugs me about talking and Haunted Mansion is that in the very first room, everyone talks SO LOUDLY that you can't hear the "When hinges creak in doorless chambers" part of the spiel. My roommates actually didn't believe me when we were listening to the 6 CD set and I assured them that the first part of the spiel was still played. We listened very carefully for it the last time we rode it, and could barely hear it.

Cinderella IV: The Bloodening

"It's okay, Beaker, we're scientists. We get paid to fail."

• Incognito

Blog Entries

I dont care for it either. IMHO it ruins it for the people that have never experienced the attraction. Instead of hearing the spiel the way it was intended, you have a bunch of people overtaking the spiel in all their own voices and it's just a bit much.

• That's Hawt

I think we should SHOOT THEM ALL! ....... except for me .... because I never do that ... really .... never : But in all seriousness, I think it is super rude when people recite things out loud ... especially when they're wrong because they mess up my internal dialogue!A**holes!
    Quote Originally Posted by drunkmom
    this is my first buzzed post in the DMCA -- I'm really in this club because I'm a bitch more than anything. I've only had to hit the backspace 4 (oops, make that 5) times in (now 7) in this (now 9) (now 15) in this post! Damn, now I'm up to 18! Our neighbors were (19) (20) making tequilla sunrises. I thought I couldn't do tequilla (22) anymore but (24) this stuff (26) was good! It started (27) with an s

• THE DMCA STONER!

Its just like talking line for line to your favorite movie that you are watching with a first timer. I admit that I've talked along with the narration but for seconds at a time and not even close enough for others to hear me. It is just plain rude to belt it out so others on the ride can hear you.
    BOO!

• Happy Homespun

I always repeeat them to myself under my breath. But yes, saying it outloud is plain rude. All they are saying is "hey, look at me!! I know the safety thing!!!Arent I cool?!?"
    "To all who come to this happy place, welcome..."

• I won't grow up!

I am so against saying it outloud (under your breath is fine)- the first time I EVER rode the Hainted Mansion the entire group said it aloud.. but since they were all sayinng it - I had no idea what was really being said..

I have yet to ride the silly thing and hear the speil - it's quite upsetting... its one of my favorite rides... but yet I have never rode it the way it was intended...

Working daily to infect my two little princesses with Disney obsession

• Sock Puppet

I love to repeat the Star Tours attraction--- IN MY HEAD!! IN MY HEAD!! DON'T KILL ME!! --- just to prove that I can do it. I like to show off, even if it is just to myself.

• FastPass n00b

Quote Originally Posted by disneylandian192
    I always repeeat them to myself under my breath. But yes, saying it outloud is plain rude. All they are saying is "hey, look at me!! I know the safety thing!!!Arent I cool?!?"
    Yeah, it's like I just want to and tell them that it's not cool/funny/amusing or necessary.

I really loved it when the Holiday version of HM came out because it was the first time in a LONG time that it was completely silent for the entire pre-show. People weren't even talking because they were curious as to the new narration. It's amazing how respectful people get when they are in the position of listening to the narration for the first time. It's too bad they can't share that respect for people who have never ridden the original version too.

The mansion's elevator is actually quite creepy, ominous and downright scary when it's silent...but then again, this could've been because I'm so used to it being so noisy normally.

• Space Ranger

A family member of mine did it at HM this past weekend and I was exceedingly embaressed by it. Frankly, it seems like it's just a macho kind of thing, I could care less whether you know the spiels by heart.
    "Fantasy, if it's really convincing, can't become dated, for the simple reason that it represents a flight into a dimension that lies beyond the reach of time."
    - Walt Disney

• Banned User

What is we mouth the speil.. but never use our voices.... I do that... All the time.. (even at other parks.. LOL)

i notice this on pirates quite a bit also. singing the song at every turn, reciting the lines, etc. it can be pretty annoying. people need to remember that there are several other people around them and not everyone wants to hear "your" take on how the ride should sound. it's kind of like when somebody sings along in the car when other people are in there with them - mangle it on when your alone, not when your with other people.

I always do it so that just my party can hear me, or the person standing next to me. And I also love to look for people that are also reciting it.

• Functional & Decorative

I'm not crazy about it either, but it's never going to stop... so you gotta either tolerate it or choose never to go on that attraction again. It is a shame, but what can you do?
    Does anyone even bother with signatures anymore?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast