Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Time Magazine Mentions the Outcry against the Alterations to "it's a small world"

"'Everybody is so precious about what we do,' Lanzisero objects."

http://www.time.com/time/world/artic...736906,00.html

• Banned User

Re: Time Magazine Mentions the Outcry against the Alterations to "it's a small world"

Well, like anything in DL It's probably gonna change eventually.

• Inhospitable about happy

Re: Time Magazine Mentions the Outcry against the Alterations to "it's a small world"

There has, however, been one big change the strategic insertion of 38 Disney cartoon characters into what had previously been a simulacrum of the real world. Here, the eskimos share the North Pole with Bambi and Thumper; Mulan flies a kite in Asia; Cinderella and Prince Charming wave to passing boats from their castle. The additions, when first proposed, inspired a small but fierce cry of sacrilege in the Disney blogosphere. "Everybody is so precious about what we do," Lanzisero objects. "At Disneyland, just a few hours into opening, [Walt Disney] started redoing things. It's no fun just to do the same thing all the time."
    So there you have it, boys and girls. Change not for the sake of improvement or enhancement, but change merely for the sake of change, to relieve boredom.
    "My mental facilities are twice what yours are, pea brain!"

The conversation continues at Long-Forgotten, the blog.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

According to Joe Lanzisero, creative senior vice president of Disney's "Imagineering" division, the ride is as relevant as ever. "This is such a universal theme — seeing the world through the innocent eyes of children. Could you think of another time in history where that message is more needed?" he says. "It's a message that's timeless, and it's a message that's now. It needs to be heard."
    WTF mate? I thought the attraction had become irrelevant? A little consistency would be nice.

I wonder who Disney is going send out to speak against the lies being propagated by Time.
    The company's answer to the challenge of updating and translating "It's a Small World" appears to lie in improved special effects and cross-promotional branding

Disney management treats everyone like an idiot. And, they seem to believe it wise to insult consumers.

At this point, Disney has lost so much goodwill that I don't know of a single person who expresses an affinity for the company. It's as soulless as ever.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PragmaticIdealist View Post
    At this point, Disney has lost so much goodwill that I don't know of a single person who expresses an affinity for the company. It's as soulless as ever.
    There are plenty who believe Disney can do no wrong. Step in line and Disney will pander.

• Senior Minion

Wow, that's pretty patronizing. I hope I'm taking that the wrong way, maybe I am, it can be easy to misunderstand someone in a brief quote like that. If he means what I think, it certainly lowers my level of respect for him. Imagineers should be greatful that people care about what they do for a living enough to talk about it. That's the kind of respect for the customer that Walt had, and has been totally lost to the modern WDC.

•   
    • Blind to His Own Faults

How can one respect those who gobble up whatever distasteful pablum you choose to offer, and ask for more? I don't blame them for not respecting the public's wishes OR opinions.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    WTF mate? I thought the attraction had become irrelevant? A little consistency would be nice.

I wonder who Disney is going send out to speak against the lies being propagated by Time.
    But kids today see the world in a more commercialized Disneyized way!

They expect to see Snow White in Germany and Mulan in China. What else is there in China besides Mulan?

• Senior Minion

Swabie-
    Is that how you account for the massive crowds at DCA?

• Dive ..... Dive.....

Quote Originally Posted by fo'c's'le swab View Post
    How can one respect those who gobble up whatever distasteful pablum you choose to offer, and ask for more? I don't blame them for not respecting the public's wishes OR opinions.
    I can't believe what I'm hearing from some people.

• Goofy

Quote Originally Posted by PragmaticIdealist View Post
    Disney management treats everyone like an idiot. And, they seem to believe it wise to insult consumers.

thats what cooperations do these days. Some basically lie to consumers. Im not suprised by cooperations these days.

• Dive ..... Dive.....

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    But kids today see the world in a more commercialized Disneyized way!

They expect to see Snow White in Germany and Mulan in China. What else is there in China besides Mulan?
    May I see where you got this research?

•   

Quote Originally Posted by Seawolf View Post
    I can't believe what I'm hearing from some people.
    Reading.

This is a reasonable explanation for the behavior you see in the article--did you even read it?

•   

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bob View Post
    Swabie-
    Is that how you account for the massive crowds at DCA?
    How else would you explain the attitude displayed in the article, then? According to DIS, DCA is a success even without the new additions.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast