Lightbulb Ice Skating Stage Show @ The Hyperion!

I recently bought an annual pass to Knott's Berry Farm (7/25) because I wanted to experience something other than Disney all the time.

***Side Bar...going to Knott's has really given me a much better appreciation for what the Disneyland Resort has to offer!!

Anyway, during my many visits to Knott's, I have had the pleasure of seeing, *Snoopy's Summer Vacation* ice show at the Charles M. Shultz Theatre (formally known as the Good Time Theatre).

And to my surprise, the show is actually really very good! For those of you out there who may have seen it, hopefully you agree with me. It's got a simple storyline, but all the performers (ice skaters) do an awesome job entertaining the crowd with high energy performances and up beat music. They change into many different costumes throughout the show, and although the sets are rather simple , it's still a real fun show for the whole family!

And now to my idea. Wouldn't it be a neat if Disney did an ice skating stage show at the Hyperion Theatre??? They could add Disney characters, along with professional ice skaters. And with Disney, I'm sure the storyline would be great. Infact, it would be like seeing one of those Disney On Ice shows they do.

It's been years since I've seen a live ice skating stage show, and after seeing what Knott's has put together, I really enjoy that type of entertainment again! Those performers are so graceful, and yes, they even have some sexy moves too! It's really beautiful to watch them do their craft.

So what do you think, could the Hyperion Theatre pull off a live ice skating stage show?

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

Re: Ice Skating Stage Show @ The Hyperion!

I'd love to see an ice show on a floating rink in the large empty water mass in DCA!
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• In a Rocket Rods daze @_@

I like Aladdin: A Musical Spectacular for now. But maybe for the future, your idea will be good.
    Rocket Rods--Ride The Road To Tomorrow

• враг народа

Blog Entries

How exactly do they pull of the ice show at Knott's? It seems like that is a lot of equipment that would need to be installed.

• Scentsy Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ALIASd
    I'd love to see an ice show on a floating rink in the large empty water mass in DCA!
    Didn't they used to do something like this over at the Disneyland Hotel-I'm pretty sure it was floating (could be way wrong), but I have memories of ice skating there and there also being characters (mickey and minnie) skating with us. I'd hafta say it was around '95. If not an ice skating show, then an open rink like they do at USH.

• California Adventurer

Happily inside Disney California Adventure ... or at the nearest theme park I can find.

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O
    How exactly do they pull of the ice show at Knott's? It seems like that is a lot of equipment that would need to be installed.
    While I am not an expert on creating temporary ice skating areas, I've seen this done at Six Flags Magic Mountain for its seasonal show, "Hot Ice"--which is being performed right now in the Magic Moments Theater at SFMM. That particular theater is used throughout the year for different non-skating shows, and the ice skating setup looks relatively easy to install. I observed a top layer of ice being cooled constantly by plugged-in equipment along the perimeter of the stage.

So, if SFMM and Knott's Berry Farm can create entertaining ice skating shows for its parks, then Disney can probably do it better!
    Yes, I do LOVE Disney California Adventure. Disneyland is not so bad either ;-)

See my photography regularly in MiceChat's "In The Parks" updates, published each Friday.
    Follow my theme-park adventures on Twitter at http://twitter.com/ThemeParkTimes

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Well that is just my question. If this was going to be a seasonal show then you could do a temporary ice set up. A more permanent show however would probably be best with an actual ice setup which would require a lot of digging.

• white and nerdy

I think that this is a fantastic idea, simply because I don't really like that stupid alladin show.

Besides Disney on Ice is an institution in it's own right, why not utilize it in the park?
    St. Elizabeth, Patron Saint of Themed parks. Protect us from break downs, long lines, and used gum. Amen.

"Dance like it hurts, love like you need money, and work when people are watching" - Dogbert

• My laughing place

I think its a great idea if they could pull it off..the Hyperion needs a new show !!

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Mickey and 'Key

Blog Entries

Gah, that would be amazing.
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• Tower of Tower Nut

Lightbulb Re: Ice Skating Stage Show @ The Hyperion!

My goodness Golden Ears,,,you should apply for a job at the resort in the entertainment department.

You have so many quirkie entertainment idea's.

Quote Originally Posted by TOTnut
    My goodness Golden Ears,,,you should apply for a job at the resort in the entertainment department.

You have so many quirkie entertainment idea's.

Gee, thanks a lot, TOTnut! And by the way, I sure your new bold statement on your profile! I feel the exact same way about DCA!

• Circle of Ancients

Didn't they do an Ice Skating show in the stage area at DCA last year? I think it was around Christmas time.

Knott's has been using that little bitty ice rink on stage for at least the last 15 years. It's a quaint show, but it's very difficult to skate well on such a small rink. As much as I like skating, I don't think that Disney story lines work well on ice. I've seen a few Disney on Ice shows and they really didn't hat you would expect in Disneyland.