• Senior Minion

How will the new DCA be premiered?

I was wondering how you think Disney is going to handle the "opening” of the “new” DCA. I would think that they’ll want to have some major event, but it’s going to be kind of difficult obviously because they are going to be finishing section by section, so when exactly to do that would be a difficult choice. I would guess they’ll make the opening of Carsland the big event, but by then many people will already have seen most of the other changes. What do you think they’ll do and what do you think is the best way to handle it ?

• Sock Puppet

Re: How will the new DCA be premiered?

I would think that they would have a big second grand opening.

• is satisfactual.

I think the new entrance area will be the most drastic change; imagine if they rebuilt Main Street U.S.A. over at Disneyland. It also seems this area will be the "soul" of the new DCA, with the Walt Disney tributes and the history lessons etc. So I suppose a second grand opening would probably work best after they finish that.

• Fortuosity!

Probably an event (maybe even broadcast on TV, as if to say "this place doesn't suck anymore!") for it's 10th anniversary in February 2011.
    I like The Happiest Millionaire. What's wrong with that?

• Off to Neverland

hmmm
    Something big to draw in the crowds

• Fancy that...

I don't think they're going to have a huge grand opening thing, but Carsland and Walt Disney will be huge deals and probably have media coverage(in a very positive way for DCA)

• TheDisneyMagic

I don't think there will be anything major taking place other than the likes of Cars land. Although I do think they will have a re-dedication event once everything is completed in these revamp plans.

• Circle of Ancients

The Year of a Million California Dreams! Come and live your dreams at the all new Disney's California Adventure.

• Banned User

i'm curious if they leave the high tension power lines and stuff in the (almost formerly) timon parking area, or figure out a way to blend it into the carsland theme. since alot of the country in the time cars was (partially) set (modern day/but old themed) crisscrossed with power lines similar to what is there, it really wouldn't come off as a "eyesore" in my eyes...

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by SingingAngel7242 View Post
    hmmm
    Something big to draw in the crowds
    Maybe Chuck Norris?

• Skipping on Main Street

Under the stairs at Main St. train station

C'mon Disney is cheap...they will priemere Carsland really big and then expect you to just notice the other changes with no hoopla
    Well Secluded, I see all!!!

Disney Paranormal Society

• "I Break Things"

Part of the reason Main Street is so charming is that they didn't have to rebuild it. Sure they have made changes over the years, but they got it right the first time.

All the Walt tribute talk has me very nervous because it almost appears as if they are trying to sell Walt since a cheap California didn't sell so well to Californians. To me it is a direct parallel to those on here who constantly quote Walt, say Walt would like this, hate that, and do something about something. What about building a theme park because they want to build a theme park. Theme it to the 20's because they want it themed to the 20's... why does it have to be a "Walt saw it like this when he arrived in the 1920'a so we are building it like Walt saw it because somehow that will connect to the public who is craving Pixar and Pirates." Sorry but I think it is just as bad as the "we need a movie tie in" attitude. What about dreaming, imagining, and building because that is what you want to do. Personally I think they stand a better chance of success and longevity if they are creative and not following bandwagon after bandwagon. Be the trailblazing trend setter, not the 2nd side show trend follower.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• HSM Geek

Sad Re: How will the new DCA be premiered?

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bob View Post
    I would guess they’ll make the opening of Carsland the big event, but by then many people will already have seen most of the other changes. What do you think they’ll do and what do you think is the best way to handle it ?
    Maybe they should...hmm. I don't know.
    Don't Stop Believin'

• "YOUR ATTENTION PLEASE.."

I would expect a lot of smaller events for the each individual attraction/land opening.... and then a major media blitz for the 10th anniversary that can show all the advancements in a flashy 30 second commercial spot.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Quote Originally Posted by pussnboots View Post
    I think the new entrance area will be the most drastic change; imagine if they rebuilt Main Street U.S.A. over at Disneyland. It also seems this area will be the "soul" of the new DCA, with the Walt Disney tributes and the history lessons etc. So I suppose a second grand opening would probably work best after they finish that.
    Yes, the new entry will be the most noticable, however Al had stated that Disney has at this time, pulled the plug on doing anything on the inside of the Carthay Circle Building, which was the updated and interactive Walt Disney Story. HOPEFULLY the Imagineers and Lasseter have theirs butts in gear, making sure that something substantial will be placed inside what was to have been the new Centerpiece of the New and Improved DCA.

As far as how the project completion will be celebrated, sounds likely that it will be part of DCA's 10th Anniversary, perhaps a name change of the park, as small as it may be, along with an entirely new dedication.

......... and then a big bonfire while burning effigies of Pressler and Eisner would be a nice touch.