Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Disney for life!~

Re: Large Trip Report from a Large Person's Perspective

7 days at the park?Im so jel! LOLz! Im glad you had fun tho!

I <3 SPACEMOUNTAIN!!!!!!!!!

http://www.myspace.com/CayaHutch

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

What... no appearance at one of the noon meets!!?? Aw you should of gone to the one on the 27th... it was a nice small meet!!! ( And I was there )

Well you are just going to have to come back again and next time put in an appearance and say hi!

But the important part is that you and your family had a great time!! Thanks for the perspective from one "fluffy" person to another!

** Oh... and another great place to hang out and rest when its hot outside... the Opera House! I spent a couple of hours in there myself when I was down there last!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Former Cast Member

At 6'3" 225 I look up to you for posting that report. There are alot of inconveniences that height creates that other folks might not quite get. For instance- I don't think you can actually walk down the Penny Arcade side of Mainstreet without bumping your hat on the canopies over the shop windows. This is a pain when I have my son on my shoulders and there are quite a few spots around the park where I cannot walk since the clearances just aren't high enough.

My other issue is that folks who arrive late to shows and such get mad when a person of height arrives early enough to sit closer to the front. The person behind gets upset because their "view" is blocked. I had people yelling at me to sit down before the fireworks started (I was standing on the inside circle of the hub right in front of the castle) even though people in front of me were starting to stand up. I understand that not everyone has the same stature, but anyone can choose to arrive early.

• cmcmcmcmcmcmcmcmcm

Quote Originally Posted by Legally Brunette View Post
    That was a very interesting larger person perspective. It's inspiring me to do one from a little person perspective

I'm 5'2" so sometimes when Disney is extra busy and I'm someplace like trapped in one of the walkways in front of the Jungle Cruise, I feel like one a Miata behind a Hummer while sitting in traffic on the freeway. I always wondered what it would be to be taller, so now I know.
    I support a little person perspective report! I'm 5' and man... watching Fantasmic! can be a struggle. And being in the Main Street shops late at night in the summer? Forget it, all you see are chests and backs!

And to the OP, great report, lots of insight!

"I'm not funny. What I am is brave." - Lucille Ball

• If we can dream it.......

Great trip report! Just a note on SM for tall people, like myself, cross your ankles and it makes it much more comfortable. Actually one of the CMs gave me that tip as I boarded one time and it works great.

I was at DL a month ago and wish I was back there!!!! Although I leave for WDW this coming Saturday - but it's not the same. My heart belongs to DL!

•   
    • Blind to His Own Faults

Quote Originally Posted by Luke Manning View Post
    What about DCA?
    Agreed--how does DCA measure up? You DID go , didn't you?

You are gonna catch hell for not making a noon hub meet--just a warning. Peer pressure ahead.

Thaks for posting...my husband is 6'3 and he has the same problems. it can be a pain when we go on the rides with our son, me i'm 5' and so i have the short person problem.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Bless you! Thank you for posting this thread, you have no idea how much it has helped me with my upcoming trip in June. I'm not as big as you are but I am a big gal and Nemo especially was one I worried about, it was nice to know you didn't have any trouble.

I do have to ask though...

Do any other fluffy people have trouble riding the Maliboomer at DCA? I ask because some attractions that click in the front I can't ride because of my tummy and hip action.

• moldtester

Excellent Review

Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    Thanks for the TR! As a big guy I found most of your info to be very helpful to those not familiar with the resort.

Well done!
    Yes, as a large man also, it is nice that so many rides don't have limitations for us. Also, it's nice that the cast members lead you to where they want you without making a big deal about your size.

I did have an issue on the Matterhorn. My partner and I rode together and as we were boarding, someone was standing talking to a cast member. He did not seem like a guest, but a worker of some kind. As we went to board he said "oh, this should be fun". I let it go but it rather upset me the rest of the day. Why do people want to make others feel bad?

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SummerInFL View Post
    I do have to ask though...

Do any other fluffy people have trouble riding the Maliboomer at DCA? I ask because some attractions that click in the front I can't ride because of my tummy and hip action.
    Sorry Summer! Thats one ride I refuse to get on! But I have seen other people "my size" ride it just fine, so you should be ok.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Quote Originally Posted by SHowardcpa View Post
    Why do people want to make others feel bad?
    I wish I knew the answer to that one - but I don't. Sorry this happened, I know it doesn't help that I think you are the better man for letting it slide, but I do.

• "I Break Things"

Couple additions from another Big Guy (legroom and a small amount of fluff but mainly the legroom).

Pooh- If you are over 5'10 or so you may wish to request the front row. Otherwise it is a struggle to fit in row 2 and nearly impossible to fit in row 3! Most CM's are nice about it and realize when a taller individual needs the front.

Jungle- If you are above 6ft I HIGHLY recommend keeping an eye on the overhead speakers. The speakers are of the straight down variety, so the closer one is to them the louder it becomes. I would usually recommend not having anyone sit under them... that or wear earplugs.

Indy- If over 6ft BEWARE of the metal bag hook on the bar in front of you. That thing tends to hit the knees just right if you are not paying attention!

Autopia- I am not large in the fluff department... but I can relate in the legroom department... you can read my TR for further details but the only "comfortable" position for me involved my foot wedging the pedal on the floor!

I also relate to being hit in the head with the canopies on Main Street, and if you have a child on your shoulders then you need to be careful around most "tunnel" style entrances.

For individuals with a little more "fluff" they have a belt extension on StarTours, and Thunder may not be the best ride because the lapbar will have to go down a click at the minimum (I have had individuals of both height and weight who had trouble accomplishing this.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

•   
    • Blind to His Own Faults

Quote Originally Posted by SHowardcpa View Post
    Why do people want to make others feel bad?
    You get bigger presents from the Great Pumpkin.

Seriously, whether you were meant to hear the comment or no, that's pretty shabby--and I'm a real a-hole, so I should know.

• RCMC BlackSmith

I'm so jealous! I havnt even been to DLR!
    Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things... and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." -Walt Disney

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast