• Minion

Question about some rumors

How long have rumors about CBJ returning been circulating? I was talking to a CM on Friday about how much I miss it, and he was telling me about some plans to bring them back, but to DCA. It isn't the first time I've heard that, but I just wanted to hear some other rumors about it before I get my hopes up.

Also, a cast member said that he recently talked to Tony Baxter, and they are planning on something new to the Main St. Opera House within the next couple years. I'm guessing Lincoln, but according to Baxter, it will definitely be patriotic. Any other rumors on this?
    The daydream princess

Re: Question about some rumors

CBJ rumor has been going along for the longest time. it probably won't happen. as for the main st opera house, maybe we'll have our own version of the hall of presidents. just guessing.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by lesmisfan View Post
    as for the main st opera house, maybe we'll have our own version of the hall of presidents. just guessing.
    That definitely won't happen. We'll be lucky if we get just Lincoln!

Woodland Hills CA - Hottest spot in Los Angeles City Limits

The only thing going around does not qualify as a 'rumor' per se, just some wishful thinking in the fan community - some of the AA's from the CBJ Bears would be a good 'Plus' to add to Grizzly River Rapids.

They could easily have a few show scenes along the first lift, and in a few other weather-sheltered spots. Only problem would be rewriting the backstory for the ride plausibly, and explaining why they are there...

--<< Bruce >>--
    There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1

• Banned User

I cast this vote to bring back country bear jamboree. do I hear a second?

• Fastest Man Alive

Of course. They are rumors. I think the CBJ rumor is pretty much dead at this point now since the area that it was likely to go to now seems like it will be enveloped by the Little Mermaid attraction which WILL be happening.

As for Lincoln, there are sooooooo many rumors going on with that one. Something will eventually happen, but they seem to be in no hurry to make it happen.
    "If we cut the budget are you going to be the one standing at the exit explaining to guests why the ride they just rode is a piece of crap?" - - John Lasseter

I second the motion to bring back the Country Bears (the attraction... not the movie)

• potterday.org

Quote Originally Posted by roxystar68 View Post
    I'm guessing Lincoln, but according to Baxter, it will definitely be patriotic. Any other rumors on this?
    "It's called A Salute to All Nations But Mostly America"
    Zoe Necrosis
    Chancellor, Yensid's School of Sorcery and Necromancy

Potter Day Lite: Spring 2013!

http://potterday.org

Woodland Hills CA - Hottest spot in Los Angeles City Limits

Quote Originally Posted by sailerm View Post
    I second the motion to bring back the Country Bears (the attraction... not the movie)
    I'll get behind that, if you can sell it to Iger and the Board Of Directors - besides a totally new show buildiing or total remodel somewhere it fits thematically, you would need to totally revamp the show, and an all-new songs and soundtrack, and change the scenes, and improve the AA's...

But they will have a hard time merchandising it if you can't convince the public they HAVE to come see it. Which means it will be hard for Bob and the Board to Greenlight it.

Building the show auditorium "in a big cave" underneath Grizzly Mountain would work perfectly IF they had planned for the possibility 10 years ago and left the space available for easy and inexpensive development. But they didn't.

--<< Bruce >>--
    There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1

• I'm not really here

Quote Originally Posted by Zoe Necrosis View Post
    "It's called A Salute to All Nations But Mostly America"
    I love that line. I laugh every time.

As for CBJ, that rumor has been going around for as long as the "HMH not coming back this year" rumor has. I'm doubting it will happen.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Senior Minion

I would also think that since reportedly TDA has put a hold on the Walt Disney Story partially because they already feel like DCA has too many shows, it would seem that it would be unlikely that any other show attractions will be added to DCA in the near future.