The Paranormal side of Disneyland?

I hope this isn't seen as inappropriate, but in the thread about the Suicide at the hotel, a member posted about a haunting at a stockroom in Tomorrowland - which a CM replied to/about (SimbaNala), and confirmed their own experience with it - albeit briefly.

I'm a stickler for all things haunted, and dealing with the paranormal. One of my favorite chapters in Mouse Tales dealt with any of the paranormal tales that have emerged from the park.

I searched the boards, and didn't find any major mentions, at least not recently - so I thought I'd post a thread inviting anyone - guests and cast members - to relay any of their stories of odd occurrences around the park that they think might have been caused by some lost soul (if you are a believer).

Apologies if this has been done before, I wouldn't mind being directed to that thread. And hopefully SimbaNala posts some of their stories in more detail, seems like they had a lot!

• Inhospitable about happy

Re: The Paranormal side of Disneyland?

It's as legitimate a topic for discussion as any other, but be forewarned: some of the senior members of this forum are known to be harsh skeptics about such things.

Secondly, before your thread clogs up with repetitious Haunted Mansion stories, most of the well-known ones are already collected here:

http://www.doombuggies.com/myths3.php
    "My mental facilities are twice what yours are, pea brain!"

The conversation continues at Long-Forgotten, the blog.

• DL Nerd

Well in the haunted mansion..... *looks above*

Umm never mind.
    All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them. - Walt Disney

Thanks HBG2! Hopefully it doesn't get knocked down just because of skepticism. Regardless, I'm sure there plenty of tales in and around the park (not just the Haunted Mansion) that are waiting to be told, hopefully some will feel free to add!

Thanks for the link too! It's providing some great reading material on my lunchbreak!

• Dont make me unfriend you

I'm telling you that the old "America Sings" was haunted. I haven't been in it too much since Innoventions. So, I don't know if it feels the same. I doubt it.

But when I worked at DL, America Sings was closed and usually empty. Whenever I entered the building in the "theater" part (even when we had meetings in there) I always felt creeped out. Like something wasn't "right" or something. I never had felt comfortable in there. It didn't matter if I was alone or not. It was just a very uncomfortable feeling in there.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

We've had a few threads relating to paranormal/ghost activity in the park. Here's a few of the most recent ones, but none of them are open/active so... discuss away.

http://micechat.com/forums/showthrea...ght=paranormal

Just remember... respect everyones opinions, even if you don't agree. If the topic gets heated, off topic or turned into a debate/attack of members... Well... you all know what will happen.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • I'm back! Sorta...

Quote Originally Posted by Garrett240 View Post
    I'm telling you that the old "America Sings" was haunted. I haven't been in it too much since Innoventions. So, I don't know if it feels the same. I doubt it.

But when I worked at DL, America Sings was closed and usually empty. Whenever I entered the building in the "theater" part (even when we had meetings in there) I always felt creeped out. Like something wasn't "right" or something. I never had felt comfortable in there. It didn't matter if I was alone or not. It was just a very uncomfortable feeling in there.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
    My understanding was a young lady tried to jump between the rotating theatre and stage procenium at the last moment and was crushed. I read it eons ago, and I'm at work, so I cannot be more specific. Perhaps the posts from Pengy might have mention of it.

But your 'vibes' were right on topic.

Good luck with your quest for ghosts!

Peace,
    Roo
    husband, petowner, wordsmith, imagineer, martialist, playwright, traveller, ardent, wit, critic, barista, Taoist, superhero, fortuneteller, reader, fidget, teacher, dreamer, author, blogger, ghosthunter, voter, patient, bear, gourmand, Floridian, friend

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by mikemgmve View Post
    Thanks HBG2! Hopefully it doesn't get knocked down just because of skepticism. Regardless, I'm sure there plenty of tales in and around the park (not just the Haunted Mansion) that are waiting to be told, hopefully some will feel free to add!

Thanks for the link too! It's providing some great reading material on my lunchbreak!
    If it can't hold up to skepticism, then it's not much of a story.
    I believe more in the (currently) unmeasurable power of the human mind.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Quote Originally Posted by Roo719 View Post
    My understanding was a young lady tried to jump between the rotating theatre and stage procenium at the last moment and was crushed. I read it eons ago, and I'm at work, so I cannot be more specific. Perhaps the posts from Pengy might have mention of it.

Peace,
    Roo
    Very True Roo,

A worker was crushed to her death on America sings. I'm not saying that there is a ghost there, just someone did die horribly on that ride.

Quote Originally Posted by Roo719 View Post

Peace,
    Roo
    Yup, that story was put into Mouse Tales as well, and thanks Penguin for the links!