Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

• Well....that was odd.

Talking along with the ride

Am sure we've all experienced a time on the Haunted Mansion, in the first room, or the Terror of Tower, in the library, when other guests talk along with the ride narration. I guess people feel a need to prove they have been on before. My wife was saying people should just wear a button that says "I've been on this a lot." I just find it irritating and think it detracts from the experience. I was just wondering how other people handle the situation or if it even bothers them. Sometimes it's just younger kids, so it's hard to be too annoyed. But then there are the older people who fake scream right after...(shutter).

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Re: Talking along with the ride

I agree ers. I'll pick up my son and we'll mouth the words together, but the over-the-top screaming is really unnecessary.

Welcome to MiceChat!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • .-- . .-.. -.-. --- -- .

It's just like people singing along with a song. Yep it can be annoying, but I don't think the person does it knowing that they are disturbing others. I'm going to chalk it up to human nature.
    Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

• I'm not really here

I whisper along with most rides. Not so anyone could hear unless there were in my lap (awkward) though.

It only really annoys me when there is a large group of people shouting it out louder than the ride.

What annoys far more than this though, is people laughing and talking about things totally unrelated OVER the ride audio. Like people discussing where to eat lunch while in the stretching gallery of the HM. At a volume usually reserved for jet engines.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• is too darn hot.

Quote Originally Posted by DLandFansAZ View Post
    It's just like people singing along with a song. Yep it can be annoying, but I don't think the person does it knowing that they are disturbing others. I'm going to chalk it up to human nature.
    But, but, but... In the Tiki Room you're supposed to sing along with the song.
    The Right Honorable Count Boogie Bonz of Random, at your service.

On Track for Weight Loss!

• The Pirate Girl

I'll mouth along with the narration in the elevator room in HM.
    I just really love that part. I never thought about it annoying anyone before, though.
    Hopefully it doesn't! I'm not actually saying it, just mouthing it.
    For certain you must be lost to find the places that can't be found. Elseways, everyone would know where it was.

• Minion

I could see where this could be annoying to someone who didn't know the attraction if the guest was loud enough to drown out the real thing.

However, this has never personally bothered me. I've never heard it done that loudly. I think it's just people having fun with something they love.
    "Happy Working Song" parody for DCA remodel: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-TYESfNTP8&feature=plcp

Retro Rant Review of "The Hunchback of Notre Dame II" (comedy review of direct-to-video
    Disney sequel):
    Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/user/animagus.../1/q1j7FU8QXu0
    Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/user/animagus.../0/sasNTMDRBLU

Retro Rant Review of "Home on the Range" (comedy review of Disney movie):
    Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7mC-...feature=relmfu
    Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoUie...feature=relmfu
    Part 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3Vea...feature=relmfu

Visit my site: http://www.vividgroovy.com

Pratfall the albatross superheroine visits the Carthay Circle Theatre.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

The one thing that gets me is the screaming in the stretching room. There are always people that haven't been on it before or young children who are nervous enough without 20 people screaming at the top of their lungs when the lights turn out.

I remember having to coax my young children on the ride and the deafening screeches didn't help ease their uncomfort.

• is too darn hot.

The last few times I've been on HM there hasn't been screaming, thankfully. I think the screamers are the ones who don't come very often, but come more often than once in a lifetime. During the off-season, it's more locals who respect the attraction because they're at Disneyland often.

• Banned User

yeah, I hate when they repeat word for word every word, song etc. for once I would love to hear from the ride, and not the people who ride it .

• Small Worlds of Walt

Quote Originally Posted by BassBone View Post
    But, but, but... In the Tiki Room you're supposed to sing along with the song.

But no one ever does! Tiki room would be much more fun if everyone sang along.

I think we could all start a trend....

• Mrs. J. Depp

I must admit, I am guilty of talking along on the HM elevator AND the Tot library. But in my defense, other people are doing it too, and are much louder than me!

Facebook me!
    Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

• =)

I can relate to people who want to do this, and I think annoyance isn't the intention 99% of the time, but it does bother me. Mouthing is fine. A little bit of speaking along from time to time is fine. But come on...you don't walk into a movie theater and start reciting your favorite bits of dialogue for the whole audience to hear. That's just not how manners work.

• RCMC BlackSmith

When I read this, I thought of something else that park guests do that is ver, very, VERY Annoying! Taking pictures of every, single, part of an attraction! I hate whenever someone does that. I was riding Carosel of Progress in WDW one time, and the man behind me took a picture whenever even the slightest thing changed on the set! Plus, he had like, the brightest flash you can ever have on too.
    Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things... and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." -Walt Disney

• is too darn hot.

I have been known to say during the ToT preshow "This elevator travels directly to: The Outer Limits" in the gap before "The Twilight Zone."

Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast