View Poll Results: Which of these recent attractions do you think was the biggest waste of time?

Voters
122. You may not vote on this poll
  • Toy Story Midway Mania

14 11.48%
  • Buzz Lightyear

10 8.20%
  • Winnie the Pooh

81 66.39%
  • Monsters Inc

17 13.93%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• Delawarean Girl

Re: Which of these latest attractions do you think was the biggest waste of time?

I voted for Winnie the Pooh. I just don't plain care for him.

• Senior Minion

Re: Which of these latest attractions do you think was the biggest waste of time?

If your Wii can move your couch in front of your multiple huge screens that use the worlds most advanced 3d projection technology along with providing 4D interaction, then sure same thing, might as well stay at home.

• Senior Minion

Poo. No doubt about it.

• Ooh boy!

I don't find any of them a waste of time. They're better than empty real estate.

These are C ticket rides. They were made to be groundbreaking or whatever. And really, how can you call TSMM a waste of time if it's not even open yet?

The folks who have actually ridden TSMM over at the WDW board have really praised it.

To be quite honest, never been on any of them because their either uninteresting to me or their not even open yet.

If you think it's a waste of time... heres what you do:

-Don't go on it again.

simple as that.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

• Circle of Ancients

I like them all (well, except TSM as I haven't ridden it yet) but I'm sure I will.

And isn't going to Disneyland all about wasting time??? So it could be said it's ALL about wasting time.

• Senior Minion

I hope TSMM is awesome, just so all of you people judging it so harshly without experiencing it first will feel like idiots. It may not be, but I think this ride has a lot of potential to be so mind blowing in its 3D that people are really underestimating its popularity. I mean even the people who played the games at WDI in a wood box have raved about this technology and how fun the ride will be, in a box!

Everyone who has experienced it first hand says that it feels like you enter a truely 3D computer generated environment. I'm not a video game person at all, I haven't owned a video game since the original Nintendo, about 20+ years and I think this ride sounds like it will be awesome. It might not be too, but this is really one you won't be able to judge untill you've experinced it first hand.

• Circle of Ancients

I had to vote Pooh, but mostly because it was a waste of valuable real-estate. There's too much empty room around Pooh to justify it closing down a larger and longer attraction.

They're all seriously flawed, and I'd like to see them replaced sooner, rather than later.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Paradise Pier desperately needs ANY and ALL attention it can get.
    Once the attraction opens, we will be able to tell more fully, but at least
    it is only replacing a couple of the carney games you had to pay for.
    (Waiting for it to open, Mr Pot-head looks promising, BUT the entire
    "Carney" theme should have been obliterated)

Tomorrowland was DESPERATE after the TL'98 Fiasco set ablaze by Pressler.

DCA was in DIRE need of a dark ride, especially since the one and only DCA dark ride, SuperStar Limo was closed, because it brought down ratings of DCA. They utilized existing infastructure to create a fairly good C-Ticket attraction, which the exception of the vehicles seating too many people, and the track not being intimate nor close as the other FL darkrides.

SO, the biggest waste and abuse of any single attraction in DL's history belongs to Winnie-the-Pooh. for reasons I've repeated ad naseaum.

• Banned User

I think Winnie the Pooh is cute for kids, and, even I go on it when there with no kids! And, I think Monsters Inc is really cute. So far, what I see of Midway Mania....it looks like a huge flop!

• formerly PretzelSouls!

I enjoy Winne the Pooh, I dislike Buzz.
    "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

• =)

Oh, good. Another understandably but uselessly negative and likely-to-degenerate-into-personal-attacks thread. This'll be fun.

And of the three that are currently open to the public, I'd say Pooh. I have issues with all three, though Monsters Inc. is probably my favorite of them. It's got some problems, but in terms of quality, it feels a lot to me like a Fantasyland dark ride, but with a modern twist. Not quite my cup of tea, but it's not a "worse" or less legitimate form of Imagineering than what was done with the original FL dark rides. It doesn't thematically make sense in the land it occupies, but the Imagineers were aware of that. They had to do something about Superstar Limo, and with the given limitations, it'd be pretty tough to come up with something entertaining that made sense thematically.

• Minion

nemo subs.

• Senior Minion

For the biggest waste of time, Pooh.

For the biggest waste of time with the biggest budget, Nemo Subs.

To me both beg the question, "If it's going to be that lackluster, why even build it?"
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast