View Poll Results: Which of these recent attractions do you think was the biggest waste of time?

Voters
122. You may not vote on this poll
  • Toy Story Midway Mania

14 11.48%
  • Buzz Lightyear

10 8.20%
  • Winnie the Pooh

81 66.39%
  • Monsters Inc

17 13.93%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Re: Which of these latest attractions do you think was the biggest waste of time?

How can you put Midway Mania on your poll before anyone has ridden it?
    Permanecer sentado por favor...

• Senior Minion

Re: Which of these latest attractions do you think was the biggest waste of time?

Quote Originally Posted by drownedprocess View Post

As for The Many Adventures Of Winnie The Pooh, I kinda like it. I think it's enjoyable. It doesn't seem too inferior to the Fantasyland dark rides. I think most of the complaints is that its not Pooh's Honey Hunt from Tokyo Disneyland but you have to realize that it was built at the begining of new growth at Disneyland, had to be open for the 50th, and had to fit inside an exsisting showbuilding. I think it's a fun little attraction, especially for those who are nervous or too small for Splash Mountain. While I do miss the Country Bears, I don't feel like I have been jipped. Perhaps the Country Bears can move into California Adventure...they're quite fit for that.
    I generally agree with what you said about the other stuff, but not this Pooh stuff. I didnít like DLís Pooh even before I even new that there were any other Pooh rides, so your argument may be true for some, but certainly not myself. You canít say the only reason people donít like DLís Pooh is because itís not a good as Honey Hunt.

This Pooh is just confusing, the story is unclear, it visually doesnít feel right to the character of the original cartoons, you donít ever feel like part of the action, the music is unmemorable, the lighting is too psychedelic feeling, the ride vehicles are too big and slow, and the fact that it was hastily thrown in to a space that it doesnít fit in well is certainly not much reason to defend it.

Also, new growth at DL? How is that an excuse? All the imagineers forgot how to make good rides since the last time they designed one for DL? In a way I guess you may be right, most of the good imagineers probably retired or got fired sometime between Indy and Pooh. That would explain it.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by mickeyandme67 View Post
    Exactly, I mean, it doesn't even need to be on the poll, because you can already tell that it's going to be the worse thing that Disney has ever done. Personally, I'd rather be water-boarded then have to go on TSMM.

(Yes, it's called sarcasm.)

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Sillyup10 View Post
    Oh gee!
    Playing Wii Carnival games in Disneyland is very, very fun! Why do I want to shoot in front of a screen?
    Um, for the exercise?
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by mickeyandme67 View Post
    Well, we do spend a lot of time discussing it around here. Some of that was wasted time.
    So, all in all, I think TSMM is the biggest waste of time.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bob View Post
    I generally agree with what you said about the other stuff, but not this Pooh stuff. I didnít like DLís Pooh even before I even new that there were any other Pooh rides, so your argument may be true for some, but certainly not myself. You canít say the only reason people donít like DLís Pooh is because itís not a good as Honey Hunt.

This Pooh is just confusing, the story is unclear, it visually doesnít feel right to the character of the original cartoons, you donít ever feel like part of the action, the music is unmemorable, the lighting is too psychedelic feeling, the ride vehicles are too big and slow, and the fact that it was hastily thrown in to a space that it doesnít fit in well is certainly not much reason to defend it.

Also, new growth at DL? How is that an excuse? All the imagineers forgot how to make good rides since the last time they designed one for DL? In a way I guess you may be right, most of the good imagineers probably retired or got fired sometime between Indy and Pooh. That would explain it.
    New Growth: It came at the end of the Harris-era where shopping oppertunities were top of the list. I'm saying a ride the size of Indy, Splash, or Car Toon Spin would be a huge transition to handle in the park, with CMs and management reletivly unused to to the operations of newly opened attractions.

Shoe-horning: Would I prefer that they torn down and rebuilt the showbuilding? Yes. But I would also like to have more opperating attractions in 2005, the busiest the park was in decades. The idea was to have the whole park functioning for the celebration, and that meant no construction walls.

Quality: I'm sorry I used the generalization, but you have to realize that everytime I here a complaint about Pooh its "how come TDL gets Honey Hunt and we get a standard dark ride". I like Pooh. I like that it's better lit than the other dark rides, so in my book it's superior in that sense. I, personally, have no trouble following Pooh's story. With the exception of Mr. Toad's wild ride, the Fantasyland dark rides follow a well-known story but even they have flaws (ie Snow White, Alice in Wonderland). Mr. Toad is probably the most successful at telling the story. I do agree with you that the ride-vehicle is oversized.

Uncle Bob...If I sound defensive or accusitory or negetive I truely do not mean to be. Sometimes I come off that way but I am only stating my view to your counter-arguments.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345