• "I Break Things"

Annoying Art (Graffiti)

Usually I don't nitpick or complain about things unless it is really blatant or really obvious. I applaud the fact that Disney has taken and continues to take steps to eliminate as much graffiti as possible. Some measures, while not perfect, work... like painting the bamboo green. I've also seen various versions of chemical removal after park hours, or touch-up paint being applied. In two cases I watched the Paint Shop apply putty, to ensure the carvings were filled in (on wood). Sadly on my last trip I noticed something that may not be fixed so easily. In the Adventureland restroom individuals have decided to carve various things into the porcelain urinals and toilets. I know they sometimes carved similar things into toilet seats... Disney would simply replace those, but the porcelain thrones are rather expensive. I am not sure if there is a "cover up" putty that could be applied, but that may be the path to take. I've also noticed etchings on the mirrors in a couple bathrooms, and etchings on the metal covers for the paper toilet seats! I realize this thread may turn into a commentary on society, but that is not the point. If individuals spot graffiti, I encourage them to report it. Likewise if they spot someone in the act, say something to a CM. Those markings take time, and in the case of the urinals could only be done because no one would say anything! Like the bamboo on Indy, it can be prevented, if people are willing to step up and report it.

In other news I was informed by a longtime friend that an individual recently trained on Jungle was let go the following week because he was caught tagging in DCA... if that does not scream lower hiring standards...
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• I'm not really here

Re: Annoying Art (Graffiti)

Wow... it sickens me that people would treat Disneyland that way. Would the purchase a high end car only to key their own name into the paint? Nope. What a waste. I honestly don't understand the mentality of a person who does this.

I have yet to see anyone doing something like this and have not had the opportunity to report it, but I would in a heartbeat.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Mrs. J. Depp

The bamboo carvings actually bother me a lot. It cheapens the atmosphere and its where everyone can see it. I don't notice much vandalism in the ladies rooms. I notice it on railings, posts, walls...etc in various places in both parks. I think more so in DL.

Facebook me!
    Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

• cmcmcmcmcmcmcmcmcm

Quote Originally Posted by techskip View Post
    In other news I was informed by a longtime friend that an individual recently trained on Jungle was let go the following week because he was caught tagging in DCA... if that does not scream lower hiring standards...
    Wow. That's up there with stealing money out of your own register. Idiots.

"I'm not funny. What I am is brave." - Lucille Ball

• Banned User

Then there's gum too, though I don't see much of that stuck on anything anymore.

• "I Break Things"

Quote Originally Posted by IzzyInWonderland View Post
    The bamboo carvings actually bother me a lot. It cheapens the atmosphere and its where everyone can see it. I don't notice much vandalism in the ladies rooms. I notice it on railings, posts, walls...etc in various places in both parks. I think more so in DL.
    As I said what bothers me is that they are there because no one bothers to report it when it is happening. Those carvings are not something that can be done "real quick" without being noticed. Knife, paperclip... doesn't matter what they use it takes several swipes to carve each letter... and no one says a word.

• I'm not really here

Quote Originally Posted by Alex E View Post
    Then there's gum too, though I don't see much of that stuck on anything anymore.
    It consistently builds up on the entrance arch to Matterhorn where they halt you before you go up the lift hill.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• cmcmcmcmcmcmcmcmcm

I've only seen one peace of graffiti and it was in line for Monsters Inc or Buzz or something with a window. It was detailed and obviously swiped many times... how does no one notice some one doing this?

Haven't noticed any gum either.

I could just be unobservant.

"I'm not funny. What I am is brave." - Lucille Ball

• :)

Karma!

• Squaw NO gettum firewood!

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    It consistently builds up on the entrance arch to Matterhorn where they halt you before you go up the lift hill.
    Next time you go under the bridge at the far end of the auction scene on Pirates, look up.
    "Remember 'Old Yeller'? We shot the dog." - Roy E. Disney

• okeydokey

Who has the time to carve something into a urinal?

I wouldn't touch a urinal for a million bucks.
    Yay, betrothal!

• "I Break Things"

Quote Originally Posted by Elle View Post
    Who has the time to carve something into a urinal?

I wouldn't touch a urinal for a million bucks.
    Sorry for a lack of photographic evidence but it is one of the few places in the park I don't believe in taking pictures of!