Richard Sherman, Giacchino, Shaiman CD signing

A number of film composers with associations to Disney will be signing CDs this Saturday, May 10 in Burbank, CA including Richard M. Sherman (Mary Poppins, Jungle Book, it's a small world, The Enchanted Tiki Room, Winnie the Pooh, Bedknobs and Broomsticks, The AristoCats, The Parent Trap), Michael Giacchino (Ratatouille, The Incredibles), John Debney (Chicken Little, Emperor's New Groove), Trevor Rabin (National Treasure, Mission:Space, Armageddon, Remember the Titans, Con-Air), Marc Shaiman (George of the Jungle, Sister Act, Disney's The Kid, Simon Birch), Joel McNeely (Cinderella III, Fox and the Hound 2, Lilo & Stitch 2, Pooh's Heffalump Moive, Mulan II Jungle Book II, Holes, Return to Neverland) , Mark Isham (Eight Below), Edward Shearmur (The Count of Monte Cristo, College Road Trip).

Joining them will be Lalo Schifrin, Marco Beltrami, John Frizzell, Christophe Beck, Charles Bernstein, Mychael Danna, Don Davis, Cliff Eidelman, Jan Kaczmarek, John Ottman, Brian Tyler and Christopher Young. Finding Kraftland filmmaker and Disneyland collector Richard Kraft will also be signing.

The event will be to celebrate soundtrack label Varese Sarabande's 30th Anniversary. It takes place Saturday, May 10 at 2pm at Dark Delicacies, 4213 W. Burbank Blvd., Burbank, CA 91505 (818) 556-6660. For more details: http://www.varesesarabande.com under NEWS.

• Shubisha

Re: Richard Sherman, Giacchino, Shaiman CD signing

thanks for the heads up. drats though i can't go out to the valley that day I just went on monday to the studios :/

Okay, that's cool.

• Squaw NO gettum firewood!

I got to meet Mr. Sherman at the Newport Beach Film Festival last week! He was SO nice! Wish I could go to this, especially because it'd be wicked to meet Michael Giacchino, but I'll be working. If anyone goes, I'd love a TR!
    "Remember 'Old Yeller'? We shot the dog." - Roy E. Disney

• =)

WHAT?! I decide to go with a group of friends to Disneyland on that very day, planning months ahead, and they pick that day to have a bunch of film composers--i.e. people who are responsible for my FAVORITE GENRE OF MUSIC, BAR NONE!--meeting their fans in an area just far enough away for me to not be able to go?! That's ridiculous! I'm on the verge of tears here. Oh my goodness.

But I hope anyone who gets to go has a great time!

i wanna go but i have to work

• Mrs. J. Depp

I guess if i still lived in Burbank (just a few streets away from the studios actually) then this would be a prime opportunity!! I miss living over there...

Facebook me!
    Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

Hum.... event starts at 2... I have to be at work at 3 back near Anaheim.... Don't think I can make it, sounds awesome though.

• Zoinks! Jinkies! Jeepers!

Sounds very cool but I'm working as well. But I work at a record store so perhaps I'll have Tiki Room and Small World on a loop in honor of the day? Man that would be evil.
    "Why do you wear that stupid bunny suit?"-Donnie.... "Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?"-Frank the Bunny.....