Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Again! Again! Again!

Re: Best Restaurant at DLR

I agree that the hotels should be included. They are part of the Disneyland Resort, which is the title of the thread. That said, I'd have to say Plaza Inn, BB, Hungry Bear, and Carnation Cafe. I enjoy the snack food at the Cove Bar. In DtD, Ralph Brennans and even Rainforest (great cocktails). And Whitewater Snacks in the Grand Cal.
    Founding member of the B.A. I LOVE US!!
    FratSor Sister-Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ
    I bring the magic!!!
    "If all my friends were to jump off a bridge, I wouldn't jump with them, I'd be at the bottom to catch them"
    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend DMother
    Girl bonding is just so necessary. It's just as important as "me" time. A good girl bonding session leaves you feeling so refreshed. I think of it as a NEED vs a want. There are just things that you need to talk to other women with. You may have the best relationship in the world with your husband, but there are just times you need your girlfriends. It makes for a healthier and happier you which makes everything else you do better.

I have to chime in on the Vineyard Room. We dined there last week and were blown away that this place existed in DCA. It was truly a first class dining experience. Plus we had ressies late enough that we got to watch the MSEP from our table. I will return if it remains as it is.

• Curiouser and Curiouser

fine.. fine... you guys win hotels now count

My favorite restaurants are Carnation Cafe for breakfast and Hungry Bear for lunch (Im a burger and fries type of girl) and you can't beat the river front location and the opportunity to feed ducks

As for the hotels I really like Storytellers and Hooks Point

• 'Taint sure it's puddin!

We love Rancho del Zorro (should be Zorro, not Zocala!). Anyway, it is decent Mexican food that we can get vegified and drown in Ortega taco sauce. Fairly cheap too (relative to other places in DL), and the servings are large enough to share.

We also like the Plaza Inn.
    "Search the boat...."
    First works spoken by Captain Nemo (James Mason) in the Disney classic - 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea

PROUD Member Of................

Do you MiceChat?
    There are several ways for you to help support the site you love:
    - visit the MiceChat store
    - Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page
    Whatever you do, your help is much appreciated!

• "Retired" DL Tour Guide

my fave restaurant is easily Napa Rose. Their food quality easily trumps even that of The Club (33). My favorite counter-service is R2P2 (Redd Rocket's Pizza Port).
    -"We can see a new horizon...built on all that we have done..and our dreams begin another thousand circles 'round the sun!"
    -- Epcot: Illuminations "Reflections of Earth"

-"...Each dream that you chase, each wish you embrace can lead to a fabulous faraway place...!"
    --DCA: World Of Color

My kids would say R2P2 (very clever nickname)

I would have to say in Disneyland it would be Club 33 but since everyone can't go there I choose..........Hungry Bear. Usual food choices but the best place to kick back and take a load off.
    The Mur

Quote Originally Posted by Tedi Bara
    fine.. fine... you guys win hotels now count

My favorite restaurants are Carnation Cafe for breakfast and Hungry Bear for lunch (Im a burger and fries type of girl) and you can't beat the river front location and the opportunity to feed ducks
    I second this post!
    Mickey Waffles for breakfast while watching Main Street fill up, and prime canoe veiwing for lunch...what could be better?
    I reject your reality, and subsitute my own!

Quote Originally Posted by innerSpaceman
    But still, removing the hotels from competition is bogus (though you had no such prohibition against Downtown Disney, I noticed).
    heh - well I can understand the no hotels part. The LAST thing I would want to do is go on some quest out of the park to one of the hotels for some food. OK - mayyyyybe whitewater IF and only if I happen to be in DCA but even that is pushing it for me. I want my food experience quick and over so I can go on some more rides

Over the years we have eaten at every current location the parks have to offer - and this is my feelings:

The only food place I do not care for in DL is the pizza place and the McD's stand - I just do not go to DL for that! We love to eat at the French Market and love it. The kids have good choices of food they like and so do we.

DCA is the opposite, so I am not there in the eating time-period. The only place I really like there is Rocket Rods (sp?). The burgers are ok - but nothing to write home about. For the most part we get a fruit bowl for the kids after we hit up ToT. It is funny to see our kids munching on fruit while passing COUNTLESS kids munching on some sort of candy. We have got the "I wish my kids were like that" comment numerous times.

• Who Loves Disneyland?

I really enjoy the Blue Bayou. It serves great food and I love the fact that it is located in the POTC.
    I See SPOTS!!!!!!

Magic Kingdom 1992 and 2008
    Disneyland 1984, 1987, 1993 (3x's), 1998, 2005, 2007

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Tedi Bara

As for the hotels I really like Storytellers and Hooks Point
    I like the Hungry Bear too, especially around 9-930p. Get a burger and fries, go sit by the river, and watch all the Fantasmic boats and wave. They all wave back, ask whats for dinner, etc.... Its a fun area.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

• Wonderful World

Churro Stand!!Lol jk The only place I really eat is the Pizza Port.I want to eat at the Blue Bayou but my parents always say its to expensive.Does anyone know some prices at the Blue Bayou?????
    I'm back MiceChat

Can anyone give me a review of Granvilles Steak House at the Disneyland Hotel? Will be down there in a few weeks and have never ventured in. Worth the price?

• Minion

I would have to say the French Market for lunch and Redd Rocket's Pizza Port for dinner. A great place to rest and cool down after a hot day in the sun.

Quote Originally Posted by painted windows
    Churro Stand!!Lol jk The only place I really eat is the Pizza Port.I want to eat at the Blue Bayou but my parents always say its to expensive.Does anyone know some prices at the Blue Bayou?????
    The "Too expensive" idea is such a misconception. I finally talked my hubby into Blue Bayou, and we ended up spending a whole $10 more for 4 people than we do at counter service places. I think its worth it when you factor in:
    1: Free refills
    2: Don't have to stand in line waiting for food than balance 4 meals on a tray back to your table
    3. Better variety than burger or cheeseburger.
    I reject your reality, and subsitute my own!

• My Children's Father

Quote Originally Posted by iheartdisney
    The "Too expensive" idea is such a misconception. I finally talked my hubby into Blue Bayou, and we ended up spending a whole $10 more for 4 people than we do at counter service places. I think its worth it when you factor in:
    1: Free refills
    2: Don't have to stand in line waiting for food than balance 4 meals on a tray back to your table
    3. Better variety than burger or cheeseburger.

Don't forget the AMBIENCE! How many places allow you to eat in (not on, but in) a ride!

Kid's meals are maybe a dollar more than elsewhere ..... and even though adult items may be as much as $5 or $15 more per person, comapare that to how much is being spent on the entire Disney trip! And if you think you can subside on burgers, rent "Supersize Me" ......
    "She's taking everything. She's taking the house, she's taking the kid, she's taking the dog. IT'S NOT EVEN HER DOG. IT'S MY DOG! SHE'S TAKING . . . MY DOG!"
    - Ron Livingston, "Band of Brothers"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast