Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Curiouser and Curiouser

Best Restaurant at DLR

We have discussed the parks worst restaurants so which ones do you like best? They have to be DLR restaurants in either Disneyland or DCA, the hotels don't count.

• secure all cargo

Re: Best Restaurant at DLR

My wife and I always enjoyed breakfast at the River Belle Terrace on the patio right after the park opens. It's just standard breakfast food, but you can't go wrong with breakfast, and we like starting the day that way -- it's still quiet, not congested yet, the excitement of beginning the day is in the air, nice view of the Rivers of America, Frontierland, New Orleans Square, Splash Mountain.

Not everything at the Blue Bayou tastes great, but you can't go wrong w/ a few of the dishes and it still has the best ambience of any DL restaurant.

• Basking in birthday love

Whitewater Snacks. Hands down. One of my biggest problems with most of the food in the park is that the tasty stuff is so dang heavy. I love the bread boules, but finishing one puts me in a food coma for a good 30-45 minutes. Whitewater Snacks has lots of light but filling food (and free drink refills!) and is usually quiet and peaceful. I love it to bits.

At Disneyland, I'm actually a huge fan of Pizza Port. For 3-4 people, there is simply no better meal deal anywhere on property than buying a whole pizza, especially with the AP discount. We've taken to ordering the whole pizza and taking it with us when we go get seats for Fantasmic!, fireworks, or the parade. It's quite nice.

Cinderella IV: The Bloodening

"It's okay, Beaker, we're scientists. We get paid to fail."

• Gay Man

Hotels don't count????

Man. The only restaurant that I can say is truely almost great in the parks is the Vinyard Room.

I've had both good food and bad food at every other restaurant in the parks. I used to love the Trattoria but then they changed their menu. Everyplace else is either eidible or marginally so.

Adding in outside the Parks:

Napa Rose
    Catal

I've eaten at these restaurants many times and never had a bad meal.

But, then I really like the TJ's Cantina for food at the resort.

Let's face it, if I wanted REALLY good food and service, I wouldn't be dining at the DLR. At least many of the restaurants are the same old chains you find everywhere else. (Don't get me started on that one!)

• white and nerdy

mmmmm.... gigantic pork tenderloins... monte christo..... Pirates......

for these reasons and more I nominate: Blue Bayou

St. Elizabeth, Patron Saint of Themed parks. Protect us from break downs, long lines, and used gum. Amen.

"Dance like it hurts, love like you need money, and work when people are watching" - Dogbert

• Minion

Blue Bayou, hands down!

• See what I got?

I like Carnation Cafe for breakfast and the Blue Bayou for lunch. I always get a clam chowder, mint julep, and my hubby and I share the jambalaya. YUM!

• Mentat

Quote Originally Posted by Tedi Bara
    We have discussed the parks worst restaurants so which ones do you like best? They have to be DLR restaurants in either Disneyland or DCA, the hotels don't count.
    I PROTEST THIS POST! I think the hotels should count...after all, the best places ARE in the hotels.

• Social Imagineer

Exactly.

In fact, there are no good restaurants in Disneyland. And, yeah, I'll have to give the Vineyard Room props for DCA. My single dining experience there was wonderful.

But still, removing the hotels from competition is bogus (though you had no such prohibition against Downtown Disney, I noticed).

• Indy's Faithful Friend

Thumbs up Re: Best Restaurant at DLR

I had a feeling this subject would come up. For me, in Disneyland it's a tie between the Blue Bayou and the Hungry Bear Restaurant (both have great atmosphere). Depends how much you have to spend I suppose. DCA did have one restaurant I really like called "Hollywood and Dine" with lots of good seating and a variety of choices. Alas, it is closed and it seems as though it will never reopen. So it's either the Blue Bayou or Hungry Bear. Tough choice!

• secure all cargo

I like the Hungry Bear Restaurant for the atmosphere too, but I liked it even better before they added the bathrooms to the 1st level. Was a lot less crowded. Then again, the reason they added the bathrooms was because they put Splash Mountain where the original Bear Country bathrooms were, so I'm not complaining too much.

I like Hungry Bear and Pizza Port and Blue Bayou. But hands down, the best restaurant in Disneyland Park is Carnation Cafe. I love that place! They recently got rid of the roast beef dinner, though, and that ruined my life.
    Knowledge is power and knowing is half the battle. (LOVE LIVE CAPTAIN MIKEY!)

• pronounced, Casey Jr. 1

I enjoy the plaza inn and the river bell

I have to chime in on the Vineyard Room. We dined there last week and were blown away that this place existed in DCA. It was truly a first class dining experience. Plus we had ressies late enough that we got to watch the MSEP from our table. I will return if it remains as it is.

• OM NOM NOM

Quote Originally Posted by aerinpegadrak
    Whitewater Snacks. Hands down. One of my biggest problems with most of the food in the park is that the tasty stuff is so dang heavy. I love the bread boules, but finishing one puts me in a food coma for a good 30-45 minutes. Whitewater Snacks has lots of light but filling food (and free drink refills!) and is usually quiet and peaceful. I love it to bits.
    I wonder who gave you the heads-up about that place?

Overall, Whitewater Snacks is THE BEST CHOICE for casual dining in the resort. Compared to the rest of the resort, it has a huge menu. They also have several breakfast items, Kid's Meal choices, and a large amount of snacks and desserts. Also, they have a formidable array of beverages, including alchoholic ones for our friends over in the DMCA.

Now, if I am unable to reach Whitewater Snacks, I would prefer Boudin Bakery & Cafe for DCA, and Bengal Barbecue for DL.
    Make something Idiot-Proof, and someone will build a better Idiot.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast