241 miles from the Happiest Place on Earth

HM Special Event?

One of ODV93's coworkers, asked her, to ask me, to ask you guys...Is there some special event that is taking place inside the HM that cost several hundered dollars? She told him about the Mickeys Halloween Treat but he said that he had heard about this special event that wasn't part of that . I tried to do a search and can't find anything. Any info about this? Thanks
    Namaste

...I'm not old, I'm just older...bonjovi

• Luckiest Man Alive!

Re: HM Special Event?

I haven't heard or seen anything about an event this year, but in years gone past, they (DLR Event Services) have put on events with packages that cost up to a couple of thousand dollars....

Try searching some of the other Disney sites for info about past events.
    B5, Marcus Cole:
    I used to think it was awful that life was so unfair, then I thought, wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair and all the terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserved them? So, now I take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe........

• Basking in birthday love

I recall hearing about some fabulously expensive dinner inside HM the night before they start the holiday overlay. You eat with the Imagineers inside the stretching room, and it's apparently VERY exclusive and along the lines of $3,500 per person.

No idea if this is actually true, it's just something I remember hearing.

Cinderella IV: The Bloodening

"It's okay, Beaker, we're scientists. We get paid to fail."

• Defeats the Huns

They are not having the event this year. However, Haunted Mansion Holiday will still be there -- just no merchandise event this year.

• Hiding from the Sheeple

I currently have the Haunted Mansion reserved for a private party on Halloween (Oct. 31st) after park closing. We will be having dinner inside (where you get off of the elevator) and then a private ride-through after dinner. We have room for 28 people and thought this would be a fun thing to do as Disney has cancelled their annual event.

• done

Quote Originally Posted by cobblestoneC35/125
    One of ODV93's coworkers, asked her, to ask me, to ask you guys...Is there some special event that is taking place inside the HM that cost several hundered dollars? She told him about the Mickeys Halloween Treat but he said that he had heard about this special event that wasn't part of that . I tried to do a search and can't find anything. Any info about this? Thanks
    They had this several years ago as part of the Haunted Mansion Holiday event. I believe it was $2,000 per person, and you had dinner in the changing portraits hallway, and Jack and Sally were in attendance. It sounded cool, but not the kind of money I'd spend on something like that. There's a writeup from an attendee on MousePlanet somewhere, but I'm too lazy to go look it up.