Page 1 of 12 123411 ... LastLast

• The Monkey's Uncle

Attraction elements that no longer work or were removed...

If thread started before... I apologize.

Just thought we could CHAT about attraction / queue elements that you remember liking but are no longer working, working consistently, removed or replaced.

A starter list:
    Matterhorn: Lift hill had snow storm visual effect curtain off to the left or right of the lift hill.

Matterhorn: THICK mist as at the TOP of the lift hill. Stayed in tunnel until GRRR!! abominable eyes. Worked even better at night.

Indiana Jones: Ice falling effect from ceiling as you 1st enter the main temple chamber after meeting INDY.

Space Mountain: DARK section of queue now replaced with lights and monitors. Also if memory serves...there was a section of window that alowed a tinted view of the ride interior. You could see ride vehicles occasionally zip by. Original entrance escalators eerr (edit) speed ramps.

New Orleans RxR station: Telegraph recording of Walt's dedication.

Haunted Mansion: LIVE CM knight standing in the corridor of door. Didn't fit the theme...I agree....but I just can forget the @#$@# being scared out of me the first time.
    Last edited by Skunkwerx; 05-12-2008 at 06:26 PM.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Re: Attraction elements that no longer work or were removed...

The Davy Jones effect in POTC. I wasn't pleased they took the speil out of that area but now the waterfall is a shell of what it used to be when it started.

Brer Fox is missing his canoe in the Laughing Place scene of Splash Mountain. He is now sitting directly on a column of water with an oar in his hand without a boat to paddle... The canoe has been missing for about 3 years...
    No matter where you go, there you are!

• =)

Matterhorn: Lift hill had snow storm visual effect curtain off to the left or right of the lift hill.
    Still there and functioning, as of yesterday at least!

New Orleans RxR station: Telegraph recording of Walt's dedication.
    Still there and functioning, as of yesterday at least!

I miss the old captain in POTC.

• Shubisha

brer fox was never in a canoe in laughing place... that was the "blood in the water" dog from america sings wasn't it..

• Animatronic

I miss the Space Mountain speed ramps too. Them and the Space Stage. The whole area was more open and seeing a live show under the towering Space Mountain was amazing.
    it's a sale of candy and a sale of plush, it's a sale of toys and disney stuff
    there's so much that we sell, that it's time we tell, it's a plush plush sale!

• Waiting 4 DCA Demolition

the singing dog from POTC, he hasn't been there in months
    "Walt Disney World may have more than Disneyland, but Disneyland has quality, and quality triumphs over quantity" -DL_CRAZE

• Never Growing up

Quote Originally Posted by Skunkwerx View Post
    If thread started before... I apologize.

Indiana Jones: Ice falling effect from ceiling as you 1st enter the main temple chamber after meeting INDY.
    It's actually just in one of the places now, but I forget which one it's in. It might be the far left room.

• Squaw NO gettum firewood!

Haunted Mansion: the fruit in the centerpiece on the ballroom table used to alternatingly come back to life then rot.
    "Remember 'Old Yeller'? We shot the dog." - Roy E. Disney

Quote Originally Posted by Skunkwerx View Post
    Matterhorn: THICK mist as at the TOP of the lift hill. Stayed in tunnel until GRRR!! abominable eyes. Worked even better at night.
    Ooooo...! There used to be fog-machine fog at the yeti encounters in the dark with the strobe lights further down the mountain. This was back in 1990 for sure--had completely forgotten about it. (Not 100% certain though; may have just looked this way because of the strobe light effect.) I don't remember mist at the top though.

• "I Break Things"

Quote Originally Posted by Keeky View Post
    It's actually just in one of the places now, but I forget which one it's in. It might be the far left room.
    I think you may be talking about a different effect because the ice falling was on the main line... consequently there are no separate "rooms" it is all one track with a very effective effect to make people think there are 3 options.

As a small child I remembered something about Thunder, older CM's mentioned it... the barn doors that used to closer and you would "bust them open" as the train finished climbing C Lift.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• =)

Techskip is right that there's only one track, despite the clever illusion of there being three different ones, and the ice effect hasn't been operating for years. I'm told the ice machine isn't even there anymore.

• Workin to live,lovin life

This is a great thread! It's super tough since it involves details that I can't remember from most of the rides.

Quote Originally Posted by DL_CRAZE View Post
    the singing dog from POTC, he hasn't been there in months

This is the only one I can remember besides the snow storm stuff from the Matterhorn.

I was gonna say that the whole screen and film of Star Tours just looks like an old film from the 80's with all the dirt and damage.

• =)

This is the only one I can remember besides the snow storm stuff from the Matterhorn.
    That effect is still there, unless they removed it yesterday or today...

• I'm not really here

Matterhorn Snow has been there every trip we've ever made. It is faint sometimes as your eyes adjust to going from blinding sunlight to very dark.

I miss the Space Mt. speed ramps as well.

And another no longer working effect are the barn doors on BTMRR as well as the Hat Box Ghost who lasted a mere weeks before being removed (though I don't remember this one personally).

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Page 1 of 12 123411 ... LastLast