Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Re: DCA Expansion Phase 2 begins in 2011

Quote Originally Posted by SimpTwister View Post
    I'm not so sure about a rethemed Orange Stinger.

It smacks of "What can we do with the carny hardware we already have?", rather than "what would be the best new ride for DCA?"

That's certainly one way to look at it. But it also is an attempt at bringing more 'disney characters' into something that really had no charm to begin with.

The fact is, Paradise Pier isn't going anywhere. What they CAN do is to make it nicer than it was, and also more fun while they're at it.

The imagineers are approaching the land now with a more nostalgic look with a disney twist. Swings are a part of the landscape of these kinds of parks so they saw it as something that could be reworked.

The maliboomer on the other hand, couldn't be saved since it was a constant reminder of modern technology in what is now headed into an older time and space.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Any chance they could save the Golden Gate Bridge ?

• Progressive Disneylander

Replace the Redwood Creek Challenge Trail with an E-ticket train ride or nature adventure attraction.
    I sure hope happens. This area of the park is a waste of space.

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

I wish they'd concentrate on PHASE 2 for Tomorrowland - and put the PeopleMover back and the Rocket Jets back up on their 3rd level platform....that would sure be nice.

• Ride The Road To Destiny

Quote Originally Posted by bigwavedave View Post
    What was the idea behind the orang Swing? It seems kind of odd. Was it a tribute to the Agi industry? out of all the things in the park that one seems the most misplaced.
    It was a tribute to the orange fields that Disneyland Resort was built on and it also alludes to Orange County, California the county where Disneyland Resort is located.
    Rocket Rods 1998-2001 May you rest in peace.

"From the imagination of Walt Disney and NASCAR presents a second generation in Tomorrowland Rapid Transit. Rocket Rods V2!"

• :)

because we all know Wikipedia is 100% accurate information.

• Iron-Clad Allie

The Wiki page is acurate - and varifies the info from another site that I reported on the second phase a month or so ago. Phase one and two are equally exciting to me. Don't know why there are always those who are down in the mouth about happy news. They have been proven wrong time and time again, and never own up to it. Great thread, RocketRodRider!
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post
    The Wiki page is acurate - and varifies the info from another site that I reported on the second phase a month or so ago. Phase one and two are equally exciting to me. Don't know why there are always those who are down in the mouth about happy news. They have been proven wrong time and time again, and never own up to it. Great thread, RocketRodRider!
    You tell em Ride Warrior. By the way nice avatar. Jessica Alba is smokin hot.

"From the imagination of Walt Disney and NASCAR presents a second generation in Tomorrowland Rapid Transit. Rocket Rods V2!"

Anybody have any ideas on how to remove Maliboomer and Orange Stinger. Think Jesse James in Monster Garage when a project fails.

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Source link, please?

All reports I've heard have said that Phase 1 will conclude with the opening of Carsland in 2012 -- and Phase 2 will only get the green light if Phase 1 is considered successful.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by Pisces View Post
    Any chance they could save the Golden Gate Bridge ?
    So far? Nope, not a chance.

Which site was this? All the news regarding the future plans for Grizzly area and Condor Flats has been updated last week by senior WDI management. It's on hold but something they're still considering. What you had may have been correct a month or so ago, but not the case now.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Fastest Man Alive

Quote Originally Posted by RocketRodRider88 View Post
    Hey I was looking through the DCA article on wikipedia and they updated the info on DCA's expansion including the second phase. Here's the link:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disney%...rnia_Adventure
    Which does not cite ANY references or sources, not even from other rumor sites. Anything on wikipedia without citations or sources should be taken with a grain of salt.
    "If we cut the budget are you going to be the one standing at the exit explaining to guests why the ride they just rode is a piece of crap?" - - John Lasseter

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey View Post
    Source link, please?

All reports I've heard have said that Phase 1 will conclude with the opening of Carsland in 2012 -- and Phase 2 will only get the green light if Phase 1 is considered successful.
    My source is Blue Sky Disney. Although I do not recall, you may well have been around when I posted my thread and weighed in with some heavy criticism. There were several who did - those in the vast minority.

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    So far? Nope, not a chance.

Which site was this? All the news regarding the future plans for Grizzly area and Condor Flats has been updated last week by senior WDI management. It's on hold but something they're still considering. What you had may have been correct a month or so ago, but not the case now.
    First off, I do not believe that either of you were cited in my general observation that there are those on this board who are overly zealous and too frequent in their cynicism of positive news concerning the Disney parks - especially those stateside. Nevertheless, you have each apparently taken exception anyway.

Again, my source is Blue Sky Disney. Frequently is the case where senior Disney management are cited by those who dispute positive rumors of substance. Over the course of time, many if not most of us have learned that senior mangement always attempts to keep the "cat in the bag" until the very last minute. There mission is to irradicate all rumors - true or otherwise.

MasterGracey and Coheteboy, while I have tremendous respect for both of you, I wish you would each more often look beyond the staged Disneyspeak sometimes and hazard to risk believing in what is logical and magic.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by Wally View Post
    Which does not cite ANY references or sources, not even from other rumor sites. Anything on wikipedia without citations or sources should be taken with a grain of salt.
    The Encyclopedia Americana, Encyclopedia Britanica and World Book Encyclopedia do not cite their sources either. Nevertheless, they would not have been in business for years in the absence of inaccurate information. If professonal encyclopedia companies were to cite sources for every piece of information offered, it would be rather sophmoric - not to mention a needless waste of space. Wiki online encyclopedia is just as credible. In fact, the volumes of accurate information is literally amazing.

Save the grain of salt for your eggs at breakfast time, Wally. It will make them taste better.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by RocketRodRider88 View Post
    You tell em Ride Warrior. By the way nice avatar. Jessica Alba is smokin hot.
    Thanks for the condiments regarding my avatar, RocketRodRider. Jessica Alba always puts a big bounce in my day.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast