Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 59
  1. #31

    • Iron-Clad Allie
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    39,592

    Re: DCA Expansion Phase 2 begins in 2011

    Quote Originally Posted by RocketRodRider88 View Post
    You tell em Ride Warrior. By the way nice avatar. Jessica Alba is smokin hot.
    In fact, she a double bounce in my day right up front - and has it going on behind as well. LOL!!
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!


  2. #32

    • MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles & Orange County
    Posts
    21,689

    Re: DCA Expansion Phase 2 begins in 2011

    Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post
    Again, my source is Blue Sky Disney. Frequently is the case where senior Disney management are cited by those who dispute positive rumors of substance. Over the course of time, many if not most of us have learned that senior mangement always attempts to keep the "cat in the bag" until the very last minute. There mission is to irradicate all rumors - true or otherwise.

    MasterGracey and Coheteboy, while I have tremendous respect for both of you, I wish you would each more often look beyond the staged Disneyspeak sometimes and hazard to risk believing in what is logical and magic.

    Forgive me, but if it's worth anything at all, I heard of almost everything that blue sky disney reported way before they reported it. I'm most certain that they heard the same updates I did and it was also addressed (as it was in al lutz column, if that is worth anything to you) that Condor Flats and Grizzly updates will all be delayed to later phases. Doesn't mean that it's out of the picture, just means that it's currently not set to start at any set year like oh... 2011.

    But hey, there's also a rumor of a new Soarin' for 2013 so if they do that, perhaps they will update the area at the same time.

    If I'm wrong, that's actually great! I hope I am! But just because blue sky disney reported something a month ago doesn't mean that plans remain the same.


    Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

    Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

  3. #33

    • Autobot Weapon Specialist
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Santa Ana, CA
    Posts
    6,230

    Re: DCA Expansion Phase 2 begins in 2011

    Quote Originally Posted by RocketRodRider88 View Post
    Anybody have any ideas on how to remove Maliboomer and Orange Stinger. Think Jesse James in Monster Garage when a project fails.
    The Orange Stinger is going to be rethemed, and the Mailboomer is going to be taken out and a small garden area is going to be put in until plans move forward to put a new ride facade in the helix and have a showbuilding extend outward similar to TSMM.


  4. #34

    • Ride The Road To Destiny
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    San Diego, California
    Posts
    177

    Re: DCA Expansion Phase 2 begins in 2011

    Quote Originally Posted by k_peek_2000 View Post
    The Orange Stinger is going to be rethemed, and the Mailboomer is going to be taken out and a small garden area is going to be put in until plans move forward to put a new ride facade in the helix and have a showbuilding extend outward similar to TSMM.
    Orange Stinger is now on the cutting block. But it might switch back and forth. I find rumors on the Stinger being rethemed but there are also other sites aside from wikipedia that mention its removal. If they put a generic ride in it's place, it better be a good one like a Fabbri Evolution.
    Rocket Rods 1998-2001 May you rest in peace.

    "From the imagination of Walt Disney and NASCAR presents a second generation in Tomorrowland Rapid Transit. Rocket Rods V2!"

  5. #35

    • Autobot Weapon Specialist
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Santa Ana, CA
    Posts
    6,230

    Re: DCA Expansion Phase 2 begins in 2011

    Quote Originally Posted by RocketRodRider88 View Post
    Orange Stinger is now on the cutting block. But it might switch back and forth. I find rumors on the Stinger being rethemed but there are also other sites aside from wikipedia that mention its removal. If they put a generic ride in it's place, it better be a good one like a Fabbri Evolution.
    That was the case but Honor Hunter at Blue Sky had a pretty in depth article talking about the plans for the future of the Orange Stinger and it sounds like it is going to just be re-themed.


  6. #36

    • MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles & Orange County
    Posts
    21,689

    Re: DCA Expansion Phase 2 begins in 2011

    Quote Originally Posted by RocketRodRider88 View Post
    Orange Stinger is now on the cutting block. But it might switch back and forth. I find rumors on the Stinger being rethemed but there are also other sites aside from wikipedia that mention its removal. If they put a generic ride in it's place, it better be a good one like a Fabbri Evolution.
    I've already told you what's going on with the Orange Stinger. Blue Sky Disney also supports this change. Wiki is incorrect.

    The only thing on the chopping block is Maliboomer.


    Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

    Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

  7. #37

    • Ride The Road To Destiny
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    San Diego, California
    Posts
    177

    Re: DCA Expansion Phase 2 begins in 2011

    Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    I've already told you what's going on with the Orange Stinger. Blue Sky Disney also supports this change. Wiki is incorrect.

    The only thing on the chopping block is Maliboomer.
    You never know. I keep finding info on both sides concerning the Stinger. Also I suggest you watch your tone while you're posting on this thread. If you have an opinion or comment please say it with respect and don't say it rudly like "I've already told you"
    Last edited by RocketRodRider88; 05-14-2008 at 01:47 PM. Reason: Rephrasing
    Rocket Rods 1998-2001 May you rest in peace.

    "From the imagination of Walt Disney and NASCAR presents a second generation in Tomorrowland Rapid Transit. Rocket Rods V2!"

  8. #38

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    2,659

    Re: DCA Expansion Phase 2 begins in 2011

    Quote Originally Posted by RocketRodRider88 View Post
    You never know. I keep finding info on both sides concerning the Stinger. Also I suggest you watch your tone while you're posting on this thread. If you have an opinion or comment say it with respect and don't say it rudly like "I've already told you"
    The original plan was to remove the Orange Stinger. Now the plan is to re-theme it. Now that may change, but for now, let's just leave it at the facts.

  9. #39

    • Ride The Road To Destiny
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    San Diego, California
    Posts
    177

    Re: DCA Expansion Phase 2 begins in 2011

    Quote Originally Posted by Luke Manning View Post
    The original plan was to remove the Orange Stinger. Now the plan is to re-theme it. Now that may change, but for now, let's just leave it at the facts.
    Yeah first I heard the Orange Stinger's fate is unknown. Then I hear it will removed. Next I hear it will be rethemed. Then again I hear it will be removed. From the looks of the Orange Stinger, even though it is fun ride I think it should be removed because of low theming but the major reason is that it is a generic Zierer Wave Swinger in a steel orange. It can be found at any park or carnival. Plus it doesn't have the Disney Spirit that other Disney attractions have. Even if rethemed I still see it as an ordinary Zierer Wave Swinger.
    Rocket Rods 1998-2001 May you rest in peace.

    "From the imagination of Walt Disney and NASCAR presents a second generation in Tomorrowland Rapid Transit. Rocket Rods V2!"

  10. #40

    • MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles & Orange County
    Posts
    21,689

    Re: DCA Expansion Phase 2 begins in 2011

    Quote Originally Posted by RocketRodRider88 View Post
    You never know. I keep finding info on both sides concerning the Stinger. Also I suggest you watch your tone while you're posting on this thread. If you have an opinion or comment please say it with respect and don't say it rudly like "I've already told you"

    I'm sorry, but if you think that was rude, you really need to loosen up. This is a message board where you won't often hear the tone of how something was delivered. Most people on here known me personally so they know that I mean no disrespect. But I've only replied with what is accurate, short and to the point, especially since you have rudely dismissed the information the first time.

    I don't know if you've been following Al Lutz's updates on miceage but the Stinger was always one of those back and forth things as you have said. It's been reported to go away completely and vice versa. But it's now been pretty set that it will be rethemed to the mickey mouse short. I wish I had the concept art to show you because it really is something.

    I didn't think I could like the swings in any sort of retheme either but they pulled it off and made a believer out of me.


    Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

    Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

  11. #41

    • Ride The Road To Destiny
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    San Diego, California
    Posts
    177

    Re: DCA Expansion Phase 2 begins in 2011

    Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    I'm sorry, but if you think that was rude, you really need to loosen up. This is a message board where you won't often hear the tone of how something was delivered. Most people on here known me personally so they know that I mean no disrespect. But I've only replied with what is accurate, short and to the point, especially since you have rudely dismissed the information the first time.

    I don't know if you've been following Al Lutz's updates on miceage but the Stinger was always one of those back and forth things as you have said. It's been reported to go away completely and vice versa. But it's now been pretty set that it will be rethemed to the mickey mouse short. I wish I had the concept art to show you because it really is something.

    I didn't think I could like the swings in any sort of retheme either but they pulled it off and made a believer out of me.

    Apology Accepted
    However when you said I've already told you, it sounded provocative and also watch what you say to others like "loosen up". There are people out there who are just serious and take those things offensively.
    Normally I go by other sources online to find facts about the DCA expansion. Except for visionsfantastic.com
    Last edited by RocketRodRider88; 05-14-2008 at 02:43 PM. Reason: More Detail
    Rocket Rods 1998-2001 May you rest in peace.

    "From the imagination of Walt Disney and NASCAR presents a second generation in Tomorrowland Rapid Transit. Rocket Rods V2!"

  12. #42

    • MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Disneyland, U.S.A.
    Posts
    8,139

    Re: DCA Expansion Phase 2 begins in 2011

    Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post
    The Encyclopedia Americana, Encyclopedia Britanica and World Book Encyclopedia do not cite their sources either. Nevertheless, they would not have been in business for years in the absence of inaccurate information. If professonal encyclopedia companies were to cite sources for every piece of information offered, it would be rather sophmoric - not to mention a needless waste of space. Wiki online encyclopedia is just as credible. In fact, the volumes of accurate information is literally amazing.

    Save the grain of salt for your eggs at breakfast time, Wally. It will make them taste better.
    Yeah, except those are professional companies who are selling a factual product. Their business could tank if their information were to be challenged as incorrect or written without proper research or factual evidence.

    Wikipedia is not a real encyclopedia -- Wikipedia's content is provided by the users who are not being paid, who are not required to cite sources, and who are write whatever they want with little editorial consequences.

    Quote Originally Posted by RocketRodRider88 View Post
    Apology Accepted
    Normally I go by other sources online to find facts about the DCA expansion. Except for visionsfantastic.com
    Just to prove a point -- I've changed the Wiki page to reflect the 2012 Phase 2 date. ANYBODY can go into Wiki and write stuff without providing sources. I just did it.

    I'd suggest sticking to reports coming from people who have sources close to the project like Al Lutz or Honor Hunter at BlueSkyDisney. Wikipedia is unreliable - ESPECIALLY if no sources are cited.

    Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

    | | |

  13. #43

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Golden State
    Posts
    1,539

    Re: DCA Expansion Phase 2 begins in 2011

    Quote Originally Posted by RocketRodRider88 View Post
    Apology Accepted
    However when you said I've already told you, it sounded provocative and also watch what you say to others like "loosen up". There are people out there who are just serious and take those things offensively.
    Normally I go by other sources online to find facts about the DCA expansion. Except for visionsfantastic.com
    We're in a "Disney" forum...how "serious" should we be?
    I want my cake back!

  14. #44

    • Ride The Road To Destiny
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    San Diego, California
    Posts
    177

    Re: DCA Expansion Phase 2 begins in 2011

    Quote Originally Posted by seenoevil View Post
    We're in a "Disney" forum...how "serious" should we be?
    That was something else that didn't concern the topic.
    Rocket Rods 1998-2001 May you rest in peace.

    "From the imagination of Walt Disney and NASCAR presents a second generation in Tomorrowland Rapid Transit. Rocket Rods V2!"

  15. #45

    • Progressive Disneylander
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    1,240

    Re: DCA Expansion Phase 2 begins in 2011

    When I read through this thread, I couldn't help but close my eyes and see this happening...


Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [Question] DCA Expansion Phase 2
    By disneylandfan95 in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 01-16-2009, 09:09 PM
  2. DCA Expansion Phase 2
    By GhostHost2 in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 01-30-2008, 12:19 AM
  3. Phase 1 :425 hectare,Phase 2:1,000 hectare for Shanghai Disney Park,HK Cable TV News
    By PennysBayChronicle in forum Hong Kong Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-09-2006, 04:21 AM
  4. calling on HKDL to seriously consider 2nd and 3rd phase of expansion
    By PennysBayChronicle in forum Hong Kong Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 02-11-2006, 02:56 PM
  5. Phase 2 expansion
    By soundtracker in forum Hong Kong Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 03-23-2005, 01:29 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •