Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

• Look Right, Pick Up Phone

Re: DCA Expansion Phase 2 begins in 2011

Quote Originally Posted by RocketRodRider88 View Post
    Yeah first I heard the Orange Stinger's fate is unknown. Then I hear it will removed. Next I hear it will be rethemed. Then again I hear it will be removed. From the looks of the Orange Stinger, even though it is fun ride I think it should be removed because of low theming but the major reason is that it is a generic Zierer Wave Swinger in a steel orange. It can be found at any park or carnival. Plus it doesn't have the Disney Spirit that other Disney attractions have. Even if rethemed I still see it as an ordinary Zierer Wave Swinger.
    So how do you feel about Dumbo? Or the tea cups? Or the Astro Orbitor?

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Twist_of_Fate View Post
    Well the thing is, those 3 have real theming to them. Not just a giant orange & some orange paint.

• Ride The Road To Destiny

Those are all fun. However I never experienced the original Astro Orbiter when it was Rocket Jets on top of the Rocket Rods loading station. I like Astro Orbiter but for thrill it has to return to it's rightful spot. Dumbo is allright. Teacups are fun if I wanna go fast. Golden Zephyr is a relaxing ride. But the Orange Stinger is a common ride at any fair.
    Rocket Rods 1998-2001 May you rest in peace.

"From the imagination of Walt Disney and NASCAR presents a second generation in Tomorrowland Rapid Transit. Rocket Rods V2!"

Quote Originally Posted by Luke Manning View Post
    Well the thing is, those 3 have real theming to them. Not just a giant orange & some orange paint.
    Yeah that's what Orange Stinger is. They just masked a Zierer Wave Swinger with a steel sphere and painted it orange. Also it lost the orange aroma and the bumblebee seats. Disney attractions are not supposed to be generic rides masked by low theming. Disney attractions have an entertaining queue and the ride itself is designed by Walt Disney Imagineering. Sometimes built by WDI too. Well that's what happens to Disneyland Resort during the Pressler/Harriss eras.
    Last edited by RocketRodRider88; 05-15-2008 at 03:09 PM. Reason: details

"From the imagination of Walt Disney and NASCAR presents a second generation in Tomorrowland Rapid Transit. Rocket Rods V2!"

• Banned User

Well that's what happens to Disneyland Resort during the Pressler/Harriss eras.
    More Pressler. Harriss was fine, it's just Pressler was in charge of every Disney theme park around the globe, so he wouldn't let her do much. I heard a story that she actually put her head-down in dis-believe once when hearing what the had to do to cut costs.

• Look Right, Pick Up Phone

Yeah that's what Orange Stinger is. They just masked a Zierer Wave Swinger with a steel sphere and painted it orange. Also it lost the orange aroma and the bumblebee seats. Disney attractions are not supposed to be generic rides masked by low theming. Disney attractions have an entertaining queue and the ride itself is designed by Walt Disney Imagineering. Sometimes built by WDI too. Well that's what happens to Disneyland Resort during the Pressler/Harriss eras.
    I don't think that's entirely fair. Dumbo, Astro Orbitor, and the tea cups are just as off-the-shelf as other rides. If a steel orange and paintings of bees with buzzing inside the orange and (I think at one time) the scent of oranges doesn't constitute theming (no matter how ridiculous/poor the theming is), I don't think you can say the others are as well. I know that Disney is supposed to be better than your local carnival, but the fact remains that rides like the carousel, tea cups, Dumbo, and Astro Orbitor are all just as off the shelf as the Orange Stinger. I'm not saying that the Orange Stinger deserves to stay, but retheming it to the Band Concert cartoon is a MAJOR step in the right direction because it seems like they're keeping the ride (not too sure what they could do with that space anyway).

I don't think that's entirely fair. Dumbo, Astro Orbitor, and the tea cups are just as off-the-shelf as other rides. If a steel orange and paintings of bees with buzzing inside the orange and (I think at one time) the scent of oranges doesn't constitute theming (no matter how ridiculous/poor the theming is), I don't think you can say the others are as well. I know that Disney is supposed to be better than your local carnival, but the fact remains that rides like the carousel, tea cups, Dumbo, and Astro Orbitor are all just as off the shelf as the Orange Stinger. I'm not saying that the Orange Stinger deserves to stay, but retheming it to the Band Concert cartoon is a MAJOR step in the right direction because it seems like they're keeping the ride (not too sure what they could do with that space anyway).
    Well the Mad Tea Party yeah I think it is a bit generic however those rides were built by Disney. But still Mad Tea Party is just fun while Dumbo provides airtime as well as Astro Orbiter(but place in on top of the Rocket Rods Platform). Golden Zephyr was based off of a Watkins Strato Jet attraction.

Quote Originally Posted by Luke Manning View Post
    More Pressler. Harriss was fine, it's just Pressler was in charge of every Disney theme park around the globe, so he wouldn't let her do much. I heard a story that she actually put her head-down in dis-believe once when hearing what the had to do to cut costs.
    I heard she followed along Pressler's footsteps. I noticed during both their terms that the resort was beginning to develop a poor safety record. I'm just glad that both are gone and Ouimet fixed their problems and Grier succeeding Ouimet.

• Hall Of Promise

Well I guess they should take out King Arthur Carrousel, since you can just about find these kinds of attractions in most large malls.

It isn't always about the ride experience or implementing something unique. Yes, these are great elements to many Disney attractions, but what makes them all come together is the overall theme and/or story of the area these attractions are located within. What attractions like the Golden Zephyr or King Arthur Carrousel add is a visual element that help build the theme or story of the land. It is like putting a nice fancy lamp in a living room and place-set it in a location that will not only light up the area at night but look good during the day. Taking out the peel and dressing the mechanism of the Orange Singer with a new theme and design could boost the area's visual design and add an authentic element to the area, as well as entertain riders. Just like King Arthur Carrousel, the new swings could be an ornament in the land.

• Knows Where His Towel Is

Based on the concerns about Wikipedia: I have generally found Wikipedia to be accurate, and professionally written 95% of the time. It's a good resource and a good time-killer at the same time.

With that being said, very excited about the swings. Let's hope that they are up to par this time!

...as an FYI, most flat rides at DLR was built by outside contractors, the same as Space Mountain (Vekoma), Matterhorn (Arrow). and Screamin (Intamin).

INTERGALACTIC WRITER FOR THE HITCHHIKER'S GUIDE TO THE GALAXY
    HOOPY FROODS:thinkingofdisney11, DisneyIzz, A113, dmtnt55, MikeSkellington, zephr, Incrediboy, JungleCruiseFan, PerformerInWaiting, MainStreetJake, The Disneylander, littleactressann, DapperJoshua, padgerfan, SS77, DisneyLove, GummiBears_Rock, fangalicious44, animekiti4christ, *disneyprincess*, monorailorange33, Colorized, iskategoofy, stevo505, mandypandy, williamtheking, CaptainEO,Atis, firebolt413, cocoa, WendyInWonderland, ICe101, itsxxdomoxxkun, esquivel

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER!
    ASK ME ANYTHING! :: FORMSPRING.ME
    FOLLOW MY BLOG: <>

Quote Originally Posted by The Disneylander View Post
    Based on the concerns about Wikipedia: I have generally found Wikipedia to be accurate, and professionally written 95% of the time. It's a good resource and a good time-killer at the same time.
    Did you pull that statistic from Wikipedia as well

• Fastest Man Alive

Quote Originally Posted by woxel1 View Post
    Plus, keep in mind that statistics are made up 83% of the time.
    "If we cut the budget are you going to be the one standing at the exit explaining to guests why the ride they just rode is a piece of crap?" - - John Lasseter

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalDude View Post

Quote Originally Posted by woxel1 View Post

With that being said, very excited about the swings. Let's hope that they are up to par this time!

...as an FYI, most flat rides at DLR was built by outside contractors, the same as Space Mountain (Vekoma), Matterhorn (Arrow). and Screamin (Intamin).
    Quote Originally Posted by Wally View Post
    Plus, keep in mind that statistics are made up 83% of the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by SoCalDude View Post
    Please lets keep this discussion on the topic.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234