Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 59
  1. #1

    • Ride The Road To Destiny
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    San Diego, California
    Posts
    177

    DCA Expansion Phase 2 begins in 2011

    Hey I was looking through the DCA article on wikipedia and they updated the info on DCA's expansion including the second phase. Here's the link:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disney%...rnia_Adventure
    Rocket Rods 1998-2001 May you rest in peace.

    "From the imagination of Walt Disney and NASCAR presents a second generation in Tomorrowland Rapid Transit. Rocket Rods V2!"

  2. #2

    • Goofy
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    in wonderland.
    Posts
    20,655

    Re: DCA Expansion Phase 2 begins in 2011

    very interesting.

  3. #3

    • MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles & Orange County
    Posts
    21,402

    Re: DCA Expansion Phase 2 begins in 2011

    There's a lot that isn't accurate on that wiki page. Cars Land is 13 acres not the reported 12. Orange Stinger is not going away but will be rethemed to 'the band concert'. And the expansion including entrance and what not is to be finished in 2011.

    The next phase that includes Golden State plans is not going to be attempted until after Carsland will be built and finished in 2012. They might speed things up but as of now, according to Bob Weiss and Marty Sklar, animals will not be added to GRizzly for a while. There's also no plans to add an E-ticket by California Screamin.

    Stay tuned to Mice Chat's California Adventure Tracker which will only update when there is official news and with rumors that hold more weight: http://micechat.com/forums/showthrea...ker-81393.html


    Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

    Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

  4. #4

    • MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Disneyland, U.S.A.
    Posts
    8,138

    Re: DCA Expansion Phase 2 begins in 2011

    Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    There's a lot that isn't accurate on that wiki page. Cars Land is 13 acres not the reported 12. Orange Stinger is not going away but will be rethemed to 'the band concert'. And the expansion including entrance and what not is to be finished in 2011.

    The next phase that includes Golden State plans is not going to be attempted until after Carsland will be built and finished in 2012. They might speed things up but as of now, according to Bob Weiss and Marty Sklar, animals will not be added to GRizzly for a while. There's also no plans to add an E-ticket by California Screamin.

    Stay tuned to Mice Chat's California Adventure Tracker which will only update when there is official news and with rumors that hold more weight: http://micechat.com/forums/showthrea...ker-81393.html
    Coheteboy's got it.

    Carsland, which is part of Phase 1 will not be open until 2012. The second phase will not begin until the first phase is complete and deemed a success.

    The wiki page is incorrect.

    Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

    | | |

  5. #5

    • Ride The Road To Destiny
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    San Diego, California
    Posts
    177

    Re: DCA Expansion Phase 2 begins in 2011

    Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey View Post
    Coheteboy's got it.

    Carsland, which is part of Phase 1 will not be open until 2012. The second phase will not begin until the first phase is complete and deemed a success.

    The wiki page is incorrect.
    Still the Orange Stinger should be removed. It's just a Zierer Wave Swinger in an orange. Not what I call Disney quality.
    Rocket Rods 1998-2001 May you rest in peace.

    "From the imagination of Walt Disney and NASCAR presents a second generation in Tomorrowland Rapid Transit. Rocket Rods V2!"

  6. #6

    • MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles & Orange County
    Posts
    21,402

    Re: DCA Expansion Phase 2 begins in 2011

    Quote Originally Posted by RocketRodRider88 View Post
    Still the Orange Stinger should be removed. It's just a Zierer Wave Swinger in an orange. Not what I call Disney quality.

    The orange is going away... the swing will be rethemed.


    Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

    Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

  7. #7

    • Dave
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Monterey Bay Area
    Posts
    2,923
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: DCA Expansion Phase 2 begins in 2011

    What was the idea behind the orang Swing? It seems kind of odd. Was it a tribute to the Agi industry? out of all the things in the park that one seems the most misplaced.
    Dave

  8. #8

    • Troublemaker
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    450

    Re: DCA Expansion Phase 2 begins in 2011

    I think they were trying to give California the "Big Orange" theme like New York's "Big Apple." It was kinda a lame idea.

    However, the bees and orange motif does make sense. Never realized it until me, my wife, and her family were caught in a swarm of bees in North San Diego County. They were heading from one grove of orange trees on one side of the property to the other. After we made sure everyone was okay, my wife and I both commented "well, now we know what the backstory to the Orange Stinger is." We're Disney geeky like that.

  9. #9

    • Dave
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Monterey Bay Area
    Posts
    2,923
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: DCA Expansion Phase 2 begins in 2011

    ok, I guess that makes since
    Dave

  10. #10

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    823

    Re: DCA Expansion Phase 2 begins in 2011


  11. #11

    • MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles & Orange County
    Posts
    21,402

    Re: DCA Expansion Phase 2 begins in 2011

    Quote Originally Posted by Disneyphenom View Post
    I think they were trying to give California the "Big Orange" theme like New York's "Big Apple." It was kinda a lame idea.

    However, the bees and orange motif does make sense. Never realized it until me, my wife, and her family were caught in a swarm of bees in North San Diego County. They were heading from one grove of orange trees on one side of the property to the other. After we made sure everyone was okay, my wife and I both commented "well, now we know what the backstory to the Orange Stinger is." We're Disney geeky like that.

    Disneyland is also in the heart of Orange County. Disneyland itself, was built over what used to be an Orange Grove. And the designers just wanted a giant orange to look at.


    Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

    Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

  12. #12

    • MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information
    Posts
    13,137

    Re: DCA Expansion Phase 2 begins in 2011

    Hope the OP saved their receipt so they can exchange that CHAT flag for one that reads, RUMOR.
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

  13. #13

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Southern CA
    Posts
    947

    Re: DCA Expansion Phase 2 begins in 2011

    They say that World of Color will be up and running in 2009. That's less than a year away!

  14. #14

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    2,659

    Re: DCA Expansion Phase 2 begins in 2011

    Quote Originally Posted by Pisces View Post
    They say that World of Color will be up and running in 2009. That's less than a year away!
    It's 2010 now.

  15. #15

    • Junior Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    177

    Re: DCA Expansion Phase 2 begins in 2011

    I'm not so sure about a rethemed Orange Stinger.

    It smacks of "What can we do with the carny hardware we already have?", rather than "what would be the best new ride for DCA?"

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [Question] DCA Expansion Phase 2
    By disneylandfan95 in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 01-16-2009, 09:09 PM
  2. DCA Expansion Phase 2
    By GhostHost2 in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 01-30-2008, 12:19 AM
  3. Phase 1 :425 hectare,Phase 2:1,000 hectare for Shanghai Disney Park,HK Cable TV News
    By HongKongDisneyland in forum Hong Kong Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-09-2006, 04:21 AM
  4. calling on HKDL to seriously consider 2nd and 3rd phase of expansion
    By HongKongDisneyland in forum Hong Kong Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 02-11-2006, 02:56 PM
  5. Phase 2 expansion
    By soundtracker in forum Hong Kong Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 03-23-2005, 01:29 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •