Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• white and nerdy

Disneyland VS Wicked... Who had the better night? (PHOTOS)

This is what my 3 year old nephew and I did:
    This is what my wife and the rest of our group did:
    BACKGROUND: it was my wife's birthday and I couldn't afford seaon passes for both of us AND Tickets for both of us to see Wicked... SO, i bought season passes and ONE ticket for my wife to see Wicked with the rest of the group. They saw Wicked, i went to Disneyland for a day with my nephew (and we had a fantastic time by the way)
    SO... who had a better night?
    St. Elizabeth, Patron Saint of Themed parks. Protect us from break downs, long lines, and used gum. Amen.

"Dance like it hurts, love like you need money, and work when people are watching" - Dogbert

Re: Disneyland VS Wicked... Who had the better night? (PHOTOS)

Wow.

That...is one damn tough decision. Good thing I have tickets to Wicked in Phenoix next summer...I'll still arrange a Disneyland trip.

Though, I can tell you who had a less expensive trip, for sure...

(it's you)...

• Basking in birthday love

I must take this opportunity to say that I saw Idina Menzel's last full performance on Broadway (I was there the night before she was injured).

</gloating>

It's hard to say. For just one night, I'd probably take Wicked. Any longer than an evening, and Disneyland wins.

Cinderella IV: The Bloodening

"It's okay, Beaker, we're scientists. We get paid to fail."

• Rally Vixen

Blog Entries

You are a very nice husband for sending your wife to Wicked. It is a great show. I still can't get the sound track out of my head. I feel like I have been listening to it for a year straight...
    Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
    I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.

May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

• white and nerdy

Quote Originally Posted by mamabot
    You are a very nice husband for sending your wife to Wicked. It is a great show. I still can't get the sound track out of my head. I feel like I have been listening to it for a year straight...
    hmmm... I think I HAVE listened to it for a year straight.. not that there is anything wrong with that.... I like to defy gravity as much as the next guy.

I was a little disapointed I didn't have the moolah to go with her, but I DID have a fantastic time in disneyland with only a 3 year old boy who loves the Matterhorn for company. We did EVERYTHING that day. Well, everything he was tall enough for.
    St. Elizabeth, Patron Saint of Themed parks. Protect us from break downs, long lines, and used gum. Amen.

"Dance like it hurts, love like you need money, and work when people are watching" - Dogbert

• Rally Vixen

Blog Entries

You can always try for one of the other stops on the tour. You could always shoot for next summer in San Diego or Costa Mesa.
    Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.

• Official MC Thread Killer

Disneyland provides amazing experiences and is the most magical place I've ever been too... but I also saw Wicked at the Pantages on my vacation... and I would probably say the group who saw Wicked had a better time (but that's just my opinion). I have never seen something phenominal as Wicked and I loved every minute of it
    BLOCK - PARTY - BASH
    I'm gonna sing it; from the heart behind these hands

Please do not put on your safety goggles until you are safely seated inside the theater safely

I still can't get the sound track out of my head. I feel like I have been listening to it for a year straight...
    So if you care to find me
    look to the Western sky
    as someone told me lately
    everyone deserves a chance to fly!

Okay, so I'm a nerd... big deal...
    ----------
    It all depends on how often you go to Disneyland. Like, say, while I love Disneyland and it will always have a special place in my heart (along with my Annual Passport), I would perfer to see Wicked, as it is a once-in-a-lifetime experience.

But I do suggest apologizing to Disneyland after choosing Wicked over Disneyland. Disneyland might "accidentally" loose your annual passport (Just kidding).
    "The views and opinions expressed on this post are mine and do not necessarily represent or reflect those of The Walt Disney Company."

• Rally Vixen

Blog Entries

I must say that of all the fun I had over the DL birthday weekend, my favorite moment had to be when I realized that "For Good" was about to be performed. A few minutes before the song began, my heart swelled in anticipation of hearing my favorite song live. Stinkerbell said she had to try not to look at me cause she knew I was going to be bawling. She was right. The tears started streaming at the beginning of the song and didn't stop until the show ended.

Next summer can't come soon enough.

• Official MC Thread Killer

I must say that of all the fun I had over the DL birthday weekend, my favorite moment had to be when I realized that "For Good" was about to be performed. A few minutes before the song began, my heart swelled in anticipation of hearing my favorite song live. Stinkerbell said she had to try not to look at me cause she knew I was going to be bawling. She was right. The tears started streaming at the beginning of the song and didn't stop until the show ended.

Same here! Hah.. from "For Good" to the last note in the Finale I was crying like a baby It was so moving... I loved it though
    BLOCK - PARTY - BASH
    I'm gonna sing it; from the heart behind these hands

Please do not put on your safety goggles until you are safely seated inside the theater safely

Wink Re: Disneyland VS Wicked... Who had the better night? (PHOTOS)

I loved my trip to DL this summer for the 50th weekend/week. Although I was slightly jealoous of those getting to see WICKED in LA that same weekend. Now I am looking forward to seeing it over Thanksgiving weekend. I have been listening to the cast CD since last summer (in fact ALL of last summer) and I always cry at For Good also. Although I did get to see Norbert Leo Butz and get his autograph when he came to see our show this summer. That was the weekend right before I left for DL.
    Cliff
    WDW '72, '97, '00, '02, '03 '06 '07, '08 DL '98, '05, '10 DLP '00 DCL '09

• Part of Your World

I just saw Wicked in Chicago! It was amazing. Ana Gasteyer was amazing.

• Man O Lantern

What she said. Wicked was still the high point of the weekend for me! As much fun as I had in Anaheim for those five days, those few hours at the Pantages were amazing. Uh oh. Tears are welling....

I, too, saw Idina Menzel on Broadway. Without her, I wouldn't have loved the Elphaba character as much as I do. Her performance filled my heart and broke it into teeny tiny little pieces. Amazing. Breathtaking.

Cool pics!! You're a good man, thejoshualee. A good man indeed!

My husband loves Wicked by the way. Ain't nothing wrong with that!

• Feeling A Bit Oogie

I say Wicked because Disneyland will never go away, Wicked is a somewhat shorttime attraction. I was honored enough to see it and the show was great.
    ~Ah, the wonderful sight of the fabled Apocalypse. Now appearing in Disney's Toontown!~

• white and nerdy

heh... sounds like i've got to save up more money now...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast