Another summer(ish) thread. . .

I so enjoyed Summer In Florida's question thread that I thought I'd hop in with some of my own:

1. I've only ever stayed onsite, but this summer we just couldn't scrape up another pint of blood. I booked 8/10 to 8/15 at the Sheraton Anaheim (free, of course, on Starwood points) I picked it for the shuttle. Was this a good, bad, indifferent choice?

2. We've gone in the summer before, always the last week of June. On a sc score of 1 to 10, how hotter, crowdeder is August?--the last time Geezerspouse, Geezerbrat, and I were there was the week that Pirates reopened--now that was crowded! And muggy hot.

3. I've never done Singlerider before, which looks intriguing as Geezerspouse and Geezerbrat won't ride Soarin or Splash and I could stay on them both all day. What's the routine for singlerider?

4. I've heard rumors of a "Tinkerbelle Store" in the castle? Geezerbrat is really a Tinkerbrat. What is this store called and what does it sell?

5. I'm thinking that since we are arriving on a Sunday and it should be busy, that the "Welcome to Disneyland" tour, with its fastpassses and parade seating, might be a fun way to kick off the trip. Any comments?

Thanks in advance for your pearls of wisdom.

• Winter in Oceanside...

Re: Another summer(ish) thread. . .

Quote Originally Posted by GoofyGeezer View Post
    2. We've gone in the summer before, always the last week of June. On a sc score of 1 to 10, how hotter, crowdeder is August?--the last time Geezerspouse, Geezerbrat, and I were there was the week that Pirates reopened--now that was crowded! And muggy hot.
    I can only chime in on this question .
    I see you are coming from Washington state. You will be hot. In August it is HOT. Quite a bit hotter than June, in general. And it can be humid (not Florida humid) since August is part of monsoon season.

Traditionally, August is THE top vacation month. So I would expect pretty good crowds.

Quote Originally Posted by PrincessY View Post
    I can only chime in on this question .
    I see you are coming from Washington state. You will be hot. In August it is HOT. Quite a bit hotter than June, in general. And it can be humid (not Florida humid) since August is part of monsoon season.

Traditionally, August is THE top vacation month. So I would expect pretty good crowds.

Thanks, PrincessY. It is usually 95-115 in my hometown during the second week of August. Is Anaheim typically that warm?

• Winter in Oceanside...

Thanks, PrincessY. It is usually 95-115 in my hometown during the second week of August. Is Anaheim typically that warm?
    Wow! You must be inland Washington. No, not usually that hot in Anaheim (it is where I live about half an hour inland from DL). Anaheim is probably between 85-95 on average. Of course, it can be warmer or cooler and inside the berm of DL, it always seems hotter for some reason. Probably has something to do with all the people, and the cement.

85-95 doesn't sound that bad. When its 85 here in the summer I wear socks to bed.

Thanks!

• no flash photography...

85-95 doesn't sound that bad. When its 85 here in the summer I wear socks to bed.

Thanks!

it can get in the 90's and it is humid...maybe not Florida humid, but way to humid for this high desert girl. We get temps up her over 115 at times and it still does not feel hot like Anaheim.

So, in a nutshell....I do well in dry heat up over 110 easy.....if I go down to Anaheim and it's 80 to 85+ with high humidity I'm miserable. To hot for me...or maybe to humid.

• Just splashing around...

1. I've only ever stayed onsite, but this summer we just couldn't scrape up another pint of blood. I booked 8/10 to 8/15 at the Sheraton Anaheim (free, of course, on Starwood points) I picked it for the shuttle. Was this a good, bad, indifferent choice?
    Never stayed at the Sheraton, but I know it is popular and I am sure it will be fine (especially since you got it for free!). Just make sure you check with the hotel about the shuttle schedule. Sometime I think hotel shuttles don't necessarily run at all hours.

August is probably going to be warmer than June (though we've already been seeing record temeratures down here ). Crowd-wise, it might be a wash.

3. I've never done Singlerider before, which looks intriguing as Geezerspouse and Geezerbrat won't ride Soarin or Splash and I could stay on them both all day. What's the routine for singlerider?
    For Splash single rider, go through the exit (I haven't been asked for any kind of pass in a long time, so just walk on through). Tell a CM working the loading area that you're a single rider and they'll direct you where to wait, and you'll most likely be on within a few minutes. For Soarin', ask the CM at the Fastpass entrance and they'll either give you a pass, or just direct you on through. This line may take a little longer than the Splash one. One time the CM told me there was an hour wait for single rider ! I didn't stick around to find out if it was true.

4. I've heard rumors of a "Tinkerbelle Store" in the castle? Geezerbrat is really a Tinkerbrat. What is this store called and what does it sell?
    The Tinkerbelle store you're thinking of is just to your left as you walk through the castle (from the Hub side). It's pretty small, but it has all things fairy (clothes, toys, accessories).

5. I'm thinking that since we are arriving on a Sunday and it should be busy, that the "Welcome to Disneyland" tour, with its fastpassses and parade seating, might be a fun way to kick off the trip. Any comments?
    Can't offer any sound advice on that as I have never done the tours, but if you are interested and willing to pay, I say why not?

Have a fun trip!

Thanks for the detailed answer! I can hardly wait.

• Somewhere on Main Street

We stayed there this past March and the rooms are awesome. These are the most spacious rooms I have ever seen. The TV is small but you are not there to watch TV and the bathrooms are small, but there is a table right outside the bathroom which you store stuff on too. The resturant there is nice too, we eat there for breakfast a few times and the buffet was very good. Didn't use the pool because it wasn't warm enough. The shuttle guys are great and were always on-time. Once we missed the one leaving the hotel to the park and the attendent got another shuttle bus just to take us over. Way cool!