Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

• Inhospitable about happy

Re: Are There Parts of Disneyland Where You Are Embarrassed to Take Guests?

Quote Originally Posted by orbitalpunk View Post
    yeah, the crapper if there girls.

otherwise im happy to show people the whole park.

wet floor... ewwwww......

yeah I take photos of empty DL bathrooms! Jealous?
    oooh. Desktop for sure.
    "My mental facilities are twice what yours are, pea brain!"

The conversation continues at Long-Forgotten, the blog.

Woodland Hills CA - Hottest spot in Los Angeles City Limits

I might suggest not bothering with going on certain rides (depending on the audience) but as to actively avoiding things, no. Fr'instance 'Winnie the Pooh' and most of the Fantasyland Dark Rides are lost on adults. And before it's rework, Superstar Limo was a total Must-Avoid.
    Quote Originally Posted by orbitalpunk View Post
    yeah, the crapper if there girls.

otherwise im happy to show people the whole park.

You know you go to Disneyland too often when... I'm reasonably certain that's the Opera House Mens Room, behind the Bank.

--<< Bruce >>--
    There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1

• Mrs. J. Depp

I'm not embarrassed to take anybody to any part of the parks. It's a really immersive experience to someone who has only been a couple of times. Usually they are like really into it and want to see everything. Now heres what MIGHT be embarrassing: Being a tour guide at DL and taking people in a backstage area only to have it look really shabby, or less then awesome and have it ruin a little magic...

Facebook me!
    Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

•   
    • Super Hero

I had no idea there were little boy urinals!!

hee hee

• I'm not really here

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Bergman View Post
    know you go to Disneyland too often when... I'm reasonably certain that's the Opera House Mens Room, behind the Bank.
    I'm thinking it is as well actually. I can't think of any other that looks like that.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Knight that says Nee!!

Perhaps this is just weird but since the guests I bring to the resort are friends and family who I don't control the movements of and who don't judge me and my "reputation" based on a park I had no control over...no i don't avoid places in the resort. We all kind of decide what the group thinks it would be "fun" to do, and we do it. I know I know...fun...how silly.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Thanking the Academy

Blog Entries

Any guests I take to the park either have never been to Disneyland or haven't been in a long time. They're just there to enjoy the park and not criticize every fine detail. So, there is nothing I'm embarrassed to show them or take them on. I'll give them advice on my favorite attractions and when are the best times to ride them, but that's about it. If my friends want to see something in particular, whether I like it or not, I'm happy to show them.

We tend to get hyper-critical on the Disney boards. It's always refreshing to see the park through new eyes.

• I'm not really here

Quote Originally Posted by disneytim View Post
    We tend to get hyper-critical on the Disney boards. It's always refreshing to see the park through new eyes.
    I LOVE this aspect of taking people for their first trip. It's like seeing things for the first time for me as well.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• =)

Now heres what MIGHT be embarrassing: Being a tour guide at DL and taking people in a backstage area only to have it look really shabby, or less then awesome and have it ruin a little magic...
    Even I, who love backstage as if it were my own child, agree with this. Backstage is for those who have irrevocably fallen in love with onstage and yet always want to know how the magic is done.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Bergman View Post
    I might suggest not bothering with going on certain rides (depending on the audience) but as to actively avoiding things, no. Fr'instance 'Winnie the Pooh' and most of the Fantasyland Dark Rides are lost on adults. And before it's rework, Superstar Limo was a total Must-Avoid.

You know you go to Disneyland too often when... I'm reasonably certain that's the Opera House Mens Room, behind the Bank.

--<< Bruce >>--
    What is SuperStar Limo?

Talking Re: Are There Parts of Disneyland Where You Are Embarrassed to Take Guests?

Quote Originally Posted by Goofy Daddy View Post
    Perhaps this is just weird but since the guests I bring to the resort are friends and family who I don't control the movements of and who don't judge me and my "reputation" based on a park I had no control over...no i don't avoid places in the resort. We all kind of decide what the group thinks it would be "fun" to do, and we do it. I know I know...fun...how silly.
    I usually just holler "follow me!" and run my guests around until their feet fall off. I am a bit of an overachiever.

• =)

Superstar Limo was the attraction that Monsters Inc. replaced. It was a limo ride through Hollywood, passing celebrities and such. Pretty weird, and more or less universally reviled.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=http:...?v=GmXJR34OB60

(Not my video.)

• Minion

I don't avoid attractions purposely, but when going with less Disney-fied friends, I usually hit the big attractions first. I don't look or act like I'm a huge disney geek, so whenever I take young ladies to the park, and point out a few things here and there, it certainly gives the brownie points

The Fantasyland attractions would be something I'd probably hit last when I'm with the fellas, but it's a nice card to have when you're out on a date, especially if you have a few little facts our secrets to point out. Heck, even Pooh has the old characters from CBJ, so pretty much everything's game to me!

• Circle of Ancients

Usually the noon-meets.

Not that I'm embarassed of my MC friends, or of MC, but if I'm with a guest who doesn't visit the park that much:

A: I don't think they would get it
    B: I don't think they would appreciate wasting their time standing around doing nothing.

Other than that, I find that people who don't go to the parks that often actually enjoy things like Pooh, Autopia, toontown, etc and don't often notice things that are "Wrong" that we all see.

Quote Originally Posted by Datameister View Post
    Superstar Limo was the attraction that Monsters Inc. replaced. It was a limo ride through Hollywood, passing celebrities and such. Pretty weird, and more or less universally reviled.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=GmXJR34OB60

(Not my video.)
    Wow - based on the video, can't say I missed much and we do like Monsters, Inc.
    Last edited by maximmom; 05-14-2008 at 12:02 PM.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast