• Resident Ghost

Toy Story Mania Customizable?

I heard/read that the games can be changed easily for holidays. Any word of this happening as soon at this Halloween?

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • .-- . .-.. -.-. --- -- .

Re: Toy Story Manis Customizable?

I personally doubt it. There are so many attractions that could be changed for holidays/not holidays and it's not the case. I count count the number of times that Star Tours was going to get a new film and how easy it would be (and it's back in the rumor mill again.) It's always Christmas on California Screamin' Soarin', wouldn't you think that would be easy to change that segment? I know that they do change out other attractions (specifically HM and IASW) however I doubt this is the case, at least at first, for TSM. Maybe after ride appeal has died down, but no time soon.
    Last edited by DLandFansAZ; 05-15-2008 at 07:02 PM. Reason: Oops, meant to say Soarin' but typed Screamin'
    Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

• Banned User

This one is really easy to change. Dress up Potato Head, give him some new lines, & add in some Christmas elements to the games. Not that hard Disney.

Quote Originally Posted by DLandFansAZ View Post
    It's always Christmas on California Screamin', wouldn't you think that would be easy to change that segment?
    Um? How is it always Christmas on Screamin'?

• Banned User

I think he's referring to the jingling used in the regular soundtrack for Screamin.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by stitchon View Post
    I think he's referring to the jingling used in the regular soundtrack for Screamin.
    There's absolutely nothing to do with Christmas in the current music. It's carnival mixed in with Rock 'n Roll.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • .-- . .-.. -.-. --- -- .

Quote Originally Posted by Luke Manning View Post
    This one is really easy to change. Dress up Potato Head, give him some new lines, & add in some Christmas elements to the games. Not that hard Disney.

Um? How is it always Christmas on Screamin'?
    Oops, my bad, I meant Soarin' .......Sorry, duh. The end fly over is Main Street during the holidays.

Edited it.......
    Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

• DCA FTW!

Re: Toy Story Mania Customizable?

We'll since the entire attraction is mainly made up of huge screens & CGI they could easily just throw in a couple Christmas and/or Halloween related games to the list when the time came around.
    Everybody's got a laughin' place-
    trouble is most folks won't take the time to go look for it.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Bacon View Post
    I heard/read that the games can be changed easily for holidays. Any word of this happening as soon at this Halloween?
    I think since it opens this year, they probably won't be 'toying' with the attraction so soon. But who knows, maybe they will do more of a christmas thing this year. I'm thinking that next year might be more plausible though.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Pilot EdForceOne

With the huge success of the HM and IASW overlays - I think its a given.

Startours is much harder given the synchronization and programming that must be done.. on top of the studio-type production that must be done for the film... on top of the fact Lucas would have to be involved to approve anything I'm sure... plus christmas isn't much a starwars theme

Compared to TSMM - where the property is all Disney owned, Disney owns all the technology in-house to do the production, Disney owns all the talent to make it happen, the work can be tested without a unique simulator platform you don't have lying around, the work would be a derrative of what you already have. On top of that, the switch-over would be sooo much easier then the ones they do at HM and IASW. The hardest part for Disney would probably paying and securing the voice actors. The rest is simply cost and scheduling.

I wouldn't expect anything for a few years - Disney will not need to. The attraction will pull monster numbers without any help. Disney won't throw the work's value away by launching it where it's not going to pull in additional numbers because the attraction is already at capacity or people haven't 'had their fill' yet. They'll do it when they can get the full mileage out of it and the change will be a new draw and bring in more guests.

Maybe they'd do it for a holiday they don't already have overlays for... like 4th of July or something. That would mesh pretty good with the pier theme.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged