Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 2012

• Member of Baxter's Army

Re: Revenge of "Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect," or The Thread 3

Quote Originally Posted by Datameister View Post
    Huh...I don't remember that.
    Its on either page 78 or 79.

• =)

::checks:: Oh...he pretty much just says what you did. Hmmm...I mean, I guess I can see the connection, since the Phantom Five are of course using instruments...but it's a stretch. I dunno what Surrell was getting at.

::checks:: Oh...he pretty much just says what you did. Hmmm...I mean, I guess I can see the connection, since the Phantom Five are of course using instruments...but it's a stretch. I dunno what Surrell was getting at.
    Probably as much of a stretch as my picture frame connection. Anyway can the Imagineers re-program the Doombuggies to face different ways?
    For example at the end of the Attic the buggie always pointed you toward the Bride. When the Bride switched sides the buggie faces where she is now. They would of had to do something.

• =)

Quote Originally Posted by HMF View Post
    Probably as much of a stretch as my picture frame connection. Anyway can the Imagineers re-program the Doombuggies to face different ways?
    For example at the end of the Attic the buggie always pointed you toward the Bride. When the Bride switched sides the buggie faces where she is now. They would of had to do something.
    I'd imagine they could be reprogrammed, but I don't recall the motions being any different in the "old attic." I know Connie's on the opposite side, but I feel like the doom buggies do the same thing they always did. And my blueprints indicate that they simply face the attic exit. I'm not sure about any of this, though.

I'd imagine they could be reprogrammed, but I don't recall the motions being any different in the "old attic." I know Connie's on the opposite side, but I feel like the doom buggies do the same thing they always did. And my blueprints indicate that they simply face the attic exit. I'm not sure about any of this, though.
    Yeah but it seems that before it was pointing you in the direction of where the Bride was and now it seems to be pointing to where the Bride is now.

• =)

Yeah but it seems that before it was pointing you in the direction of where the Bride was and now it seems to be pointing to where the Bride is now.
    That'd make sense...my memories of which directions in which the doom buggies swivel just aren't clear enough. I'll have to pay more attention to whether it's the doom buggy or my own head doing the turning next time.

• Inhospitable about happy

Check it out next time you go. I'm pretty sure Data is correct, and that you go out the window exit facing straight ahead, without turning in either direction.

Just for the heck of it, here are some snaps from the garage haunted house my brother and I did in 1989. We were able to do a Pepper's Ghost, a changing portrait, and a Leota-type projection (with the head held aloft in hand). All done very cheaply and very low-tech, and they all worked fine.

• =)

That is absolutely awesome. I love seeing homebrewed Imagineering like that.

Quote Originally Posted by HBG2 View Post
    Check it out next time you go. I'm pretty sure Data is correct, and that you go out the window exit facing straight ahead, without turning in either direction.
    I don't think I am going to California again anytime soon. I live on the East Coast and I won't be back in WDW till probably 2010. When I do go I will test it out. Yeah i guess it is just your attention span that determines what you look at in the Attic.

Woodland Hills CA - Hottest spot in Los Angeles City Limits

It can be done, there's a sectional control bar under/along the Omnimover track that controls the direction - Haven't studied the patent drawings recently, but IIRC all they have to do is unbolt it and slide it over to control where the Doombugies are turned at that point.

If it's a major direction change, they might have to custom bend a piece of pipe or rail with a S bend to make the transition smooth, you wouldn't want to whip the cars around at full speed.

If you want to change the viewing angle around a curve, you would have to reconfigure the pipe around the main track curve at the new radius and distance from Centerline to hold a new viewing direction.

This is not something you do on a whim.

--<< Bruce >>--
    There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1

• Banned User

HBG2, great home made effects. I'm sure I could do the same...in about a million years lol.

The Ghastly Mansion sign at WDW has had the word Ghastly crossed out and the word Haunted written above it.
    Last edited by HMF; 11-10-2008 at 06:54 PM.

The Ghastly Mansion sign at WDW has had the word Ghastly crossed out and the wor Haunted written above it.
    Yes, the sign has been like that for years. No one's quite sure why it even exists . . .

. . . certainly intrigues me.
    www.BrandonHardy-Art.com

https://www.facebook.com/Brandon.Hardy.Art

"The show's called Pirates of the Caribbean, not Boy Scouts of the Caribbean. They're my babies, you know? I hate to see them fool around with 'em."
    -X. Atencio

"Whether I like it or not doesn't matter. Each new generation has the right to come in and do what they feel is right for the show -- and that's what they did."
    ~Alice Davis

• Banned User

Ghastly Mansion??

• Bats in the Belfry!

Gastley Mansion. This is seen in Frontierland at WDW. It's across from Pecos Bill's, facing into Adventureland (or Caribbean Plaza, to be more accurate). Directly in the background is Splash Mountain. The sign is planted just behind the fence in the landscaping for the ride.

-Adam-