Page 90 of 135 FirstFirst ... 40658087888990919293100115 ... LastLast
Results 1,336 to 1,350 of 2012

• Inhospitable about happy

Re: Revenge of "Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Effect," or The Thread 3

Change of subject for a sec.

RE the names of Constance's hubbies, as attested on WDW attic wedding certifs and in CM training literature:

Ambrose Harper
    Frank Banks
    Reginald Caine
    The Marquis de Doom
    George Hightower

Most of the discussion of these has centered on whether George Hightower, Constance's fifth husband, has any connection with the Harrison Hightower III of Tokyo's Tower of Terror. The best answer IMO is, "Probably not." The chronology is wrong, so even at best all you'd really get out of this is that they're relatives. Ho hum. And why form a link to the Tokyo TOT, of all things? More likely it's just a bit of whimsy, an Imagineering tease. If so, "Frank Banks" could be a whimsical nod to Mary Poppins. The Marquis' name is self-evidently a macabre joke (and not particularly subtle, IMO). Reggie Caine...? I haven't a clue.

Now for Ambrose Harper.

I haven't heard anyone connect this name with the building on TSI, "Harper's Mill." Davelandweb has recently posted a handsome 1971 shot of Harper's Mill, back when it was WHERE IT BELONGS, at the tip of the island, now dominated by the "Lafitte's Tavern" stage area. The Mill was relocated around the corner and has turned into Will Turner's blacksmith shop, but to purists it will always be Harper's Mill. Any connection to Connie's first husband? Tease, tease...

• Member of Baxter's Army

Quote Originally Posted by HBG2 View Post

RE the names of Constance's hubbies, as attested on WDW attic wedding certifs and in CM training literature:

Ambrose Harper
    Frank Banks
    Reginald Caine
    The Marquis de Doom
    George Hightower

Most of the discussion of these has centered on whether George Hightower, Constance's fifth husband, has any connection with the Harrison Hightower III of Tokyo's Tower of Terror. The best answer IMO is, "Probably not." The chronology is wrong, so even at best all you'd really get out of this is that they're relatives. Ho hum. And why form a link to the Tokyo TOT, of all things? More likely it's just a bit of whimsy, an Imagineering tease. If so, "Frank Banks" could be a whimsical nod to Mary Poppins. The Marquis' name is self-evidently a macabre joke (and not particularly subtle, IMO). Reggie Caine...? I haven't a clue.

Now for Ambrose Harper.

I haven't heard anyone connect this name with the building on TSI, "Harper's Mill." Davelandweb has recently posted a handsome 1971 shot of Harper's Mill, back when it was WHERE IT BELONGS, at the tip of the island, now dominated by the "Lafitte's Tavern" stage area. The Mill was relocated around the corner and has turned into Will Turner's blacksmith shop, but to purists it will always be Harper's Mill. Any connection to Connie's first husband? Tease, tease...

Another elaborate backstory connecting HM to TSI, possibly. Though I seem to recall that it was named for an early Imagineer. As for Frank' I remember reading a thread on doombuggies regarding Constance's resemblence to Julie Andrews and all the members were writing parody Mary Poppins songs.
    Last edited by HMF; 10-13-2008 at 09:38 AM.

• is too darn hot.

If Hightower is any relation to Harrison Hightower, III, then he's an ancestor if anything. I agree, not particularly exciting, but it is kind of fun.
    The Right Honorable Count Boogie Bonz of Random, at your service.

On Track for Weight Loss!

• The Ghost Relations Dept.

Jim Hill was incorrect about the staircases being a rehash for an idea bout JII. One of the creators for the scene was quite bothered when he read it, but then again, wasn't surprised to find out that Jim Hill was wrong, again.

Harpers Mill is right across the way from the Mansion at WDW, though I never made the connection until now... Great observation.

Quote Originally Posted by GRD999 View Post
    Jim Hill was incorrect about the staircases being a rehash for an idea bout JII. One of the creators for the scene was quite bothered when he read it,
    I don't blame him.

• now that i see you ♥

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kraken View Post
    While no means expert on this subject, but since Hatbox ghost and the Phantom from Phantom Manor do remind eachother in appearance (both skeletal figures with a top hat, both connected to the bride)... would it not be great if Hatbox ghost's (possible) voice was of late Vincent Price? (Disney have plenty of his voice from the Phantom Manor narration, and his laughter still haunts the French Manor...)

Secondly should Hatbox return, do you think his appearance should be updated to better match the scene with the new bride? They could for instance use the animatronic Phantom from French attraction...
    No.
    Sorry for the bluntness, but I wouldn't want him to talk. As Data said, nice tribute, BUT I would be against it for multiple reason--most of which being that as Connie talks, to have him talk as Price or anyone else would make the attic too noisy. If anything, I hope they add a few more lines for Connie regarding the HBG to draw attention to him...also farfetched, but I think it would make more sense.
    Second....HE WILL RETURN!!! If he doesn't, then Disney mislead me, and I will hate them forever.
    And by "hate" I mean "be very disappointed" and by "forever" I mean "until I get over it in a week."
    Quote Originally Posted by HBG2 View Post

Ambrose Harper
    Frank Banks
    Reginald Caine
    The Marquis de Doom
    George Hightower

Now for Ambrose Harper.
    Good god. Master story continues!! I wish it was just made official already. That'd be really cool.....Print a pamphlet to look like an old document and explain all the links--not in a tacky, hand-it-out-to-everyone sort of way, but have it in the shops for people who ask those sorts of questions.
    Then again, maybe no one but us actually notices these sorts of things, and the pamphlets would then collect dust and be a waste of paper and ink.
    dreams. come. true.

• A Honorary Autobot

Harper's Mill was named after Joe Harper, who owned a mill, who was a character in Twain's The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn and The Adventures of Tom Sawyer.

Sorry guys. No conspiracy.

Unless it's part of the nefarious plot to wean the island away from Mark Twain thematics by providing a different backstory.

But probably it isn't. Just Imagineers teasing and having fun, like the unmistakable resemblance they created between Connie's hubs and the stretchroom portrait men. Remember that? When it became clear that the Marquis was Chinese, that pretty well killed off that line of speculation, eh? Nevertheless, the general resemblance between the two sets of portraits is, I think, undeniable.

Jests. False leads.

• A Honorary Autobot

Yeah, it's doubtful that they're the same guy unless Connie decapitated the Marquis after she blew him up, which is pretty sick.

• now that i see you ♥

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rustymuscle View Post
    Yeah, it's doubtful that they're the same guy unless Connie decapitated the Marquis after she blew him up, which is pretty sick.
    Geeeeeez, imagery......
    dreams. come. true.

The Miniature version of Michelangelos David has been moved closer to the piano in the Attic.

Quote Originally Posted by HMF View Post
    The Miniature version of Michelangelos David has been moved closer to the piano in the Attic.
    I assume that's DL's attic, being that we are in the DL forum?

Sorry, I'd just HATE to see this thread fall by the wayside! Although I know we would never let that happen
    www.BrandonHardy-Art.com

https://www.facebook.com/Brandon.Hardy.Art

"The show's called Pirates of the Caribbean, not Boy Scouts of the Caribbean. They're my babies, you know? I hate to see them fool around with 'em."
    -X. Atencio

"Whether I like it or not doesn't matter. Each new generation has the right to come in and do what they feel is right for the show -- and that's what they did."
    ~Alice Davis

Quote Originally Posted by yensidtlaw1969 View Post
    I assume that's DL's attic, being that we are in the DL forum?

Sorry, I'd just HATE to see this thread fall by the wayside! Although I know we would never let that happen
    Yes. The WDW statues have a bad tendency to lose their heads.

• now that i see you ♥

Blog Entries

The thread seems to have died again.

ELECTROSHOCK QUESTION TIME!
    While not directly related to the HM, what are you going to be for Halloween and do you have any special plans for that night or around that time? Anyone having a Dia de Los Muertos party, or doing special decorations?

For me, I'm going to be Giselle (as you can see in my display pic, or you can look here, here, or here [with MC'er Hilsbro, and he is a strange combo of Walt Disney and John Waters.]) This past Thursday I went to Mickey's Trick or Treat party at DCA with MC'ers Hilsbro and WeWantstheRed'ead, where we had a great time and somehow managed to procure 39 bags of the freeze dried pears they give out. Next week I'm going to a costume party hosted by MC'er BradChowen, and on the actual holiday my plans are a bit more blurred. I may go to a party hosted by a friend of Hilsbro's, I may go to the home of my boyfriend and hang out there, or I may just pass out candy at my house. I'm trying to get decor so my house looks like a zombie tiki bar--where we can play goth surf like The Bomboras and The Ghastly Ones, both of which who have done covers of "Grim Grinning Ghosts" in some fashion.
    Those are my plans. What are yours?
    dreams. come. true.

Guess I'll kick the ol' Thread in the petoot with a MONSTER POST.

What's your favorite room in the HM? Objectively speaking, I'd have to say the ballroom is the crown jewel, but personally, I like the changing portrait corridor best. Some days, however, I lean toward another room...

The Corridor of Doors.

It's such a fantastic example of how suggesting something is more powerful than displaying something. Really wonderful, atmospheric, surrealistic room.

But how well do you know it? You glide down the hallway facing backwards, twisting and turning, and it's not easy to remember what all goes where. This is the kind of info I wish I had always had, and I suspect that others do too.

Here's the COD. There's the Conservatory on the right side, and the Clock on the left. I'm going to refer to stuff as clockside and coffinside for reference.

I'll pause while you get yourself a cup of coffee...