Thread: Pedi-cabs

• Minion

Pedi-cabs

I guess that's what you call em. You know, the bicycle with the little cart/seat thingy behind it? Anyway, I was leaving DLR late Saturday night and saw a guy riding and unmarked one around the corner of Clementine and Disney Way. I'm thinking this might be a good mode of transportation between Gardenwalk, DLR and local hotels, yeah? I imagine the guy was maybe measuring distance/timing?
    I want my cake back!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Re: Pedi-cabs

We have quite a few of those in Downtown Phoenix, whenever there is a baseball or basketball game. But I don't know if it would be that safe of a transportation method for the Disneyland area. There are a few streets around the Gardenwalk that would be ok, BUT going out on either Harbor or Katella would be really dangerous. and there really isn't a safe way for them to get to the east entrance, where all the other buses drop off people,

I always thought that would be a good business - get a small fleet of these things going and give people rides back to their hotels, etc., but I could never figure out how to get around the traffic issue. If anyone wants to see one/get one look here -
    http://www.primepedalkarts.com/surreydoublebench.html

• The Tomorrowland One

I think the OP was talking more along the lines of this...

http://www.pedicab.com/

Yeah, these would be a lot better to get around with between Garden Walk, DLR, some hotels, ect., but as everyone has already said, the traffic issue kinda kills these.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Autopia View Post

Yeah, these would be a lot better to get around with between Garden Walk, DLR, some hotels, ect., but as everyone has already said, the traffic issue kinda kills these.
    Yep, that's what I saw. I've ridden in them in San Diego. Really handy and fun! I guess we'll know soon enough!
    I want my cake back!

• Gloomy Day, probably rain

I'm not sure Pedi-cabs would work in the busy streets of Katella & Harbor. Its not the safest way to get some where. At least in San Diego the streets are small and traffic is slow. Here its completely different. Guess we'll have to see if it works out.

• Minion

Blog Entries

Funny that you bring these up because the other night I saw a whole gaggle of them on the Corner of Disneyland Dr. and Grand California... By a whole gaggle I mean 5 of them... I was really confused and doing a total double take as I drove in to the Paradise Pier... I don't remember which night it was... I guess it could have been saturday night... All I know is that I was on my way to work...
    Please help me raise money for children's hospitals by clicking the extra life image.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Snow_White_Raven View Post
    Funny that you bring these up because the other night I saw a whole gaggle of them on the Corner of Disneyland Dr. and Grand California... By a whole gaggle I mean 5 of them... I was really confused and doing a total double take as I drove in to the Paradise Pier... I don't remember which night it was... I guess it could have been saturday night... All I know is that I was on my way to work...
    There, see? I bet they're trying to work it out. If they're brave enough to fight the traffic, they would really come in handy.
    I want my cake back!

• Minion

Blog Entries

It was very odd to see Pedi Cabs at the DLR... I don't know if Disney is the one that would potentially be employing them of if it will be through an outside company... If it is though an outside company I really don't know if Disney would allow this... It should be interesting to see what results from this...
    Please help me raise money for children's hospitals by clicking the extra life image.

Quote Originally Posted by Autopia View Post

Yeah, I've seen those too. I just didn't think of them when I saw this post. For some reason the pedal cart just popped into my head.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Snow_White_Raven View Post
    It was very odd to see Pedi Cabs at the DLR... I don't know if Disney is the one that would potentially be employing them of if it will be through an outside company... If it is though an outside company I really don't know if Disney would allow this... It should be interesting to see what results from this...
    How could Disney not allow it? If the pedicabs are working primarily with GardenWalk and the sidewalks outside of the berm are public property, no?
    I want my cake back!

• Minion

Blog Entries

Well I saw them on the sidewalks of the Grand Californian Hotel and Spa (sorry had to put the full name in... I work Hotels)... I am pretty sure the sidewalks that line the hotels are the hotels property however the streets I know are not Disney property...