Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Minion

Red Face May 14th Trip Report brought to you by Sir.Mouse!

The last few weeks have been vary busy for me and I havenít had much time to spend on Micechat, save for my recent most desperate and far reaching thread I posted about a week ago. Since Iím back, I figured my first Trip Report would be a positive way to reunite with the Micechat gang.

Well here goes nothingÖ

May 14th
    The day started at 7:45 as I struggled to shut my alarm clock up. Once I rose to my feet I prepared for the days events. After I was set, I grabbed my cameras, day schedule, and shot list.

As you can see below my day schedule is pretty broad. One might think I tend to micro mange judging by my list of important things to do but thatís not the case, I always forget things like breakfast, and indeed thatís what I did.

Once I got off the bus I immediately followed the throng of Disneyland guests into the park. As I reached the security checkpoint I realized I forgot to catch breakfast at Mac Donaldís and turned around. Way to go huh? After breky I was ready to hurry up and wait for my pals to sign me in (I was an hour early.) I was expecting them around 10:30 but they didnít show up until 11:20 ish. Which kind of bothered me, I had to film DCA for a class and I wanted to capture as footage as possible, plus I knew it would be challenging being that DCA is not the most majestic place in the world.

My CM buddies luckily came through and I began shooting ASAP.

This is the result.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=http:...?v=-r3I0Lz03dQIn some places I was literally on my hands and knees trying to get the right angle. I was absolutely determined to make DCA look good on film, despite using an average handycam and shooting things with to much exposure. Iím happy with my little movie, It looks great on any TV screen but for some reason itís not fit for youtube.

I spent the entire day working on my film for history class but my friends were kind enough to remind me to take a break every now and then. Our first retreat was on California scream ní.
    One word: crazyloudscarfungutwrentchinglifealteringstrongfas terific!

After that I did some more shooting. At this point my battery was running low as well as my cameraís. I didnít have much to eat since breakfast and I refused to purchase food or drink in the park since A) itís expensive and B) the park closes early. So I thought I could make it.

I toke some pictures. I had to; they were some things that were so amazing that I wasnít sure if they were real or not. Take for instance this gentlemanÖ

What a shame. As a Disney fanatic this annoys me but as a former Disney cast member this is outright embarrassing. After I witnessed this I ran into a restaurant in Pacific Wharf. Even though I didnít buy anything it was an equally amazing experience. I asked the CM about the menu since I couldnít find my glasses and he listed the menu completely and with out looking behind him!! I was vary impressed, but I still didnít buy anything. Almost did, but not quite.

The park was closing and I had all the footage my little camera could take so I met up my friends on the other side of the esplanade.

As I was waiting for them in the Indy exit I shot yet another spectacular site!

To bad most donít notice this stuff.

We went over to TomorrowlandÖ

The future is vary cool.

yeah it's cool.

odd

The day ended around 6:45 and I was spent. I swear did didnít get any sleep that night because my legs were in so much pain. I never filmed at a Disney park and man is it hard work. But I hoped it paid off. The film above was shown today in my California history class as part of my final. It was great because I got to talk about Disney and show a movie I made on the large projection screen. Awesome!

Thatís all for my first Trip Report. In all I hope it was an adequate TR for a first timer.

-Sir.Mouse
    Last edited by Sir.Mouse; 05-20-2008 at 01:06 PM.

• =)

Re: May 14th Trip Report brought to you by Sir.Mouse!

Nice TR! But wait...I don't recognize that bit of the Indy queue, and I'm a huge fan of the never-noticed aspects of the park! (Check out my Flickr photos if you don't believe me. ) Seriously, I don't recognize it from photos or personal experiences...or even blueprints!

I also don't get what was so horrible about the guy in that photo near the beginning...

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's a music celebration!

That's a very nice video! I thoroughly enjoyed watching it. Thanks for posting that here and letting us see the results of your work. Great job!

• Minion

Yea that what ever you call it is at the vary exit of the Indy line. I was sitting on the steps across from the Jeep and I saw it! It was a pleasant surprise!

As far as the CM goes, he was off the clock and heading home I'm sure but his shirt was untucked and he had a skate board. I know I know it's hard to get around the parks with out being seen but he could have at least walked a bit faster with his shirt tucked in. ya know? Other than that I have to say that was the most intense day I've ever spent as a guest!

• Looking for Hidden Mickey

Nice video!

• Adventurer Slash Explorer

I liked the guy with the sunglasses. Very cool.

Nice trip report.
    Code Lee-Oh-Co (Or Jessica, if you want)

• =)

Yea that what ever you call it is at the vary exit of the Indy line. I was sitting on the steps across from the Jeep and I saw it! It was a pleasant surprise!
    How odd!

As far as the CM goes, he was off the clock and heading home I'm sure but his shirt was untucked and he had a skate board. I know I know it's hard to get around the parks with out being seen but he could have at least walked a bit faster with his shirt tucked in. ya know? Other than that I have to say that was the most intense day I've ever spent as a guest!
    Oh, I see! Before, I couldn't tell his shirt was untucked and he had a skateboard, but I see 'em now. That's unfortunate.

I liked your video. Hope you got a good grade on your final.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Great video! Very professional. Make sure you let us know how the professor liked it.

• Mrs. J. Depp

I really liked the video! Good job! I know the song you used is in Disney commercials but how did you get the entire length of it? Do you know how i can get it? I like the song, it sounds really magical.

Facebook me!
    Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

• =)

Nice job on the video, by the way. Not easy doing all that handheld. Now, one tip I'd have, if you were to do it over again--at 1:52, the music broadens into a different theme than the one heard through much of the video till that point. If it were me, I'd probably try to do a lot of sweeping wide shots of the most beautiful views at that point--Paradise Pier at night, Grizzly River Rapids, Tower of Terror, stuff like that. The shot of entering the park and looking at that stupid sun sculpture (I apologize to anyone who likes it!) just didn't do it for me. Still, nice job overall, though.

• Off to Neverland

Awesome video!!!
    What was your assignment???

Quote Originally Posted by IzzyInWonderland View Post
    I like the song, it sounds really magical.
    it's from the non disney Peter Pan...and they use it on the Disney commercials

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Datameister View Post
    Nice job on the video, by the way. Not easy doing all that handheld. Now, one tip I'd have, if you were to do it over again--at 1:52, the music broadens into a different theme than the one heard through much of the video till that point. If it were me, I'd probably try to do a lot of sweeping wide shots of the most beautiful views at that point--
    Yeah the ending of the video is pretty anticlimactic. But I did reedit the video before I showed it to class so the new one does not recycle footage. But since the park closed at 6:00 I didn't have the chance to shot the park at night. My original plan was to end with a few iconic shots of the park at night in addition to sweeping footage of DEP passing through the PP gates.

so most likely, I'll go back and film a better ending.

to answer your question SingingAngel7242, I had to write two papers for my CA history class about historic sites or museums dedicated to CA history. I wrote about DCA and the Senator Banning Museum. I had to chose one to present as my final but me being a total dork, I grouped with someone that was doing the Banning museum, it was only a few weeks before the final was due that I noticed someone was doing DCA. sooooo for extra credit I asked if I could help that person with her presentation. Long story short I had two finals for my history class.

• Off to Neverland

Quote Originally Posted by Sir.Mouse View Post
    to answer your question SingingAngel7242, I had to write two papers for my CA history class about historic sites or museums dedicated to CA history. I wrote about DCA and the Senator Banning Museum. I had to chose one to present as my final but me being a total dork, I grouped with someone that was doing the Banning museum, it was only a few weeks before the final was due that I noticed someone was doing DCA. sooooo for extra credit I asked if I could help that person with her presentation. Long story short I had two finals for my history class.
    yikes! well, that's still pretty awesome u got to do something Disney!

• KC to DL= 1,640 miles

Goin' to Kansas City. Kansas City Here I Come

Great TR. I liked the video
    "C:\Documents and Settings\martinla\My Documents\My Pictures\WINDVD Capture\cap014.jpg"
    Home away from Home.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast