Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

• Rally Vixen

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pjhorton21
    Corn Chowder at Storyteller's Cafe. I also like the Santa Maria Ribs there. I USED to thoroughly enjoy the chicken at Rancho...
    I feel the same way about the Tri-Tip at Rancho.
    Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
    I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.

May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

NO GOATS!

Pizza at Red Rockets Pizza Port is the best.

• no flash photography...

I like the soup & salad bowls at the wharf in DCA. I didn't care to much for the pasta at the rocket place. It was ok. I can't really think of anything that stands out as high quality food. I don't even think of food when I got o the park...LOL...I haven't done any sit down service type restuarants though. They may be good. I have done BB, but the food wasn't the greatest there either, but the atmophere is great!

• I like Cheese...

Quote Originally Posted by Aurora
    The Monte Cristos are sooo good...But at the same time they are sooo bad for you...definitely sinful, but worth every bite.
    How can a sandwich that dipped in batter, deep fried and covered with powered sugar be bad for you???

• Leave 'em wanting more!

Quote Originally Posted by Whatever
    How can a sandwich that dipped in batter, deep fried and covered with powered sugar be bad for you???
    Hehehehehe. I agree completely! I have naughty dreams about the Monte Cristo...
    ~ Tasty, yet morally ambiguous! ~

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Whatever
    It depends. Some restaurants will serve you a Monte Cristo with a nice bowl of dark, pure maple syrup as a dipping sauce. That can be a lethal amount of calories.

• /sigh

Quote Originally Posted by Wotan
    It depends. Some restaurants will serve you a Monte Cristo with a nice bowl of dark, pure maple syrup as a dipping sauce. That can be a lethal amount of calories.
    I've never had a Monte Cristo before...is it actually a sandwich? I'm hearing fried batter, powder sugar, and maple syrup...??
    Marge: Barnacle Bill's Home Pregnancy Test? Homer, shouldn't we have gone with a better-known brand?
    Homer: But Marge, this one came with a corn-cob pipe!
    Marge: [reading from the test box] "Ahoy, Maties! If the water turns blue, a baby for you! If purple ye see, no baby thar be!"
    Homer: So, which is it? Blue or purple?
    Marge: Pink.
    Homer: D'oh!
    Marge: "If ye test should fail, to a doctor set sail!"

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Cuzco-topia
    I've never had a Monte Cristo before...is it actually a sandwich? I'm hearing fried batter, powder sugar, and maple syrup...??
    It's essentially like a Reuben of club sandwich, except you coat it in batter and deep fry it afterwards. Really hardens up the arteries. Of course, the advantage of having it at a place like DL is that you can walk off the calories...yeah, yeah, that's the ticket.

• Pirate Princess

Quote Originally Posted by pjhorton21
    Corn Chowder at Storyteller's Cafe.
    I LOVE corn chowder! But I didn't know you could get it anywhere in DL. Thanks to threads like this, I'm learning about more I can love about DL! I'll def be trying the chowder next visit!
    "And don't underestimate the importance of BODY LANGUAGE!"

• Doing it with a flair

I am just *craving* clam chowder in a bread bowl right now
    Eglantine, Eglantine, oh how you shine!
    I don't believe in giving animals ridiculous names. I call him Cosmic Creepers...
    ...and if you've got no other choice, you know you can follow my voice...

• Differently clued

Quote Originally Posted by DznyVan
    The Disney magazine has an article with the Park's recipes. The Monte Cristo was in it last year. Still not as good as when you get to have it at BB. It's missing something...
    I tried that recipe too and also got mixed results. From what I can gather, they just have better equipment in the restaurant than we have at home. My problem was that I couldn't get the oil hot enough to make the sandwich crispy, but also so that it didn't absorb all the grease. More incentive just to buy it I guess.
    "Do it for me then. Your gaming buddies are going to be there too. It will be good for you kids to go out and blow the stink off yourselves for one night."

"Fine. For you. And for the eradication of stink."

• With my wife....

[QUOTE=fearsnda]
    For me, it's never where I want to eat at the Park but where I will tolerate eating. Park food is something to be endured... nay, something to be survived.
    [QUOTE]

I used to feel this way, too, but I think the selection has improved significantly in the last decade or so.

I remember going every year as a kid and the family could never decide on a really good (aka "inexpensive") place to eat. I hadn't been to the park in quite some time when I got my first AP in 2000, and I was pleasantly surprised at the time that there seemed to be many more choices for food. Of course, that could be due to the fact that I was paying and I'm not as cheap as my family.

But at any rate, it seems that there are many more selections now, especially if you factor in the hotels, DCA, and DTD.

And my favorite meal? DL: Terra Nova Tomato Basil at RRPP. Get between me and my plate of pasta, and you may just draw back a bloody stump :devil:
    "I could never convince the financiers that Disneyland was feasible because dreams offer too little collateral"

--Walt Disney

Last edited by Pirate Wench; 04-26-2005 at 07:43 PM.

I love the Clam Chowder Bowls and the Veggie Gumbo...Since I don't eat red/white meat..it's filling and it hits the spot!

• Still wants to be a cat!

Aren't clams meat? Or is there none in the chowder...LOL!
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast