•   
    • Dept. 41 and Club 55

Finally found both LP's that compose the music used on Main Street from 1971 to 1992:

I obtained the album names from this wonderful site: http://www.disneymusicloops.com/dlr/dlr-mainst-1971.html

I look forward to getting them and restoring the audio, then onto the Ipod for listening goodness.

Am I the only one who is obsessed with obtaining all the music loops from Disneyland? Like recently.. I was trying to find the last track I needed for the Sunshine Plaza loop.. a version of "Hurray for Hollywood" .. then I read a post here on Micechat that it's the same one used in The Great Movie Ride at WDW .. so one loop complete.. many more to go..

• The Fresh Maker

Re: Main Street USA music loop (1971-1992)

This loop would be my favorite. '86 - '92 was when I would go to the park quite often (the product of all my friends having passes). Strange to say that Disneyland was my stomping ground!!

I could still probably listen to any of these songs and tell you what comes next

• Mrs. J. Depp

Some of the music they use now and have used in the past on Main Street is played by the Paragon Ragtime Orchestra. On the site, they list the tracks as being from "The Whistler and his Dog" album but all of the recordings are wonderful if you like ragtime music, and I do!

http://www.paragonragtime.com/index.html

Facebook me!
    Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

•   
    • Dept. 41 and Club 55

status report:

I received one of the albums I ordered. This album:

While having the same title, is NOT the album used for the Main Street loop. This album was issued by Crown Records, the king of mass-produced junk records. Oh well. Momma said, never judge a record by its cover. Well, this one, you can. I did find the right album,the San Francisco issue, #33008, on another site so it's not a total loss. Just goes to show what happens when you are dealing with 40+ year old vinyl albums.