Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

Talking How Long Would You, Could You, Have You've Stayed At Disneyland/DCA? 4 Days Is...

4 Days is all I could afford at the time but it being my first trip we splurged on the Grand Californian Hotel and thought we could do it all in a matter of a few days but nope, we didn't do everything.

My next trip in november/december I plan on staying 5/6 days, can't decide on what to do yet or november is better than december, too many fun decisions to make!

So... How Long Would You, Could You, Have You've Stayed At Disneyland/DCA?
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

• Minion

Re: How Long Would You, Could You, Have You've Stayed At Disneyland/DCA? 4 Days Is...

Quote Originally Posted by Micoofy Duck View Post
    How Long Would You, Could You, Have You've Stayed At Disneyland/DCA?
    Our next visit in 10 days is for 6 days. Our December trip is usually 12-13 days. We can do things at our leisure this way.

ETA! My 2000th post!
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

• Seasick

Re: How Long Would You, Could You, Have You've Stayed At Disneyland/DCA? 4 Days Is...

I did nine days. It was too much. Five days is just right I think.

My family always went during the dead times (early November, March, etc.) so we could easily do everything in one or two days. I can't imagine spending five or more days there. 0.o

• On A Disney World Tour...

10 nights and 9 full days. We stayed at the Ramada Inn at Maingate with hoppers for 9 days. Now of course we didn't spent those 9 days fully at the parks, we went out and visited the LA area as well (we had a car), but on those wandering days, every evening we went back to the parks.
    Comparing the world's 5 Magic Kingdoms on my blog : 5 Kingdoms

• Vegetarian Disneylander

Sydney, Australia ... where there is no Magic Kingdom :(

I spent the same amount of time at the GCH this trip (it is pricey, but lovely!), and I thought 4 nights was enough. Honestly, it could be the fact that I've spent 12 nights of the last three weeks in Disney parks across the US; and I'll be in another next week, but I think there is such a thing as "too much of a good thing". Personally, I'd like Disneyland to remain a little special, and I was able to do most of what I wanted to do multiple times on this trip. If I went back again, I probably wouldn't spend MORE time there. Just enough time to do my favourite things a few times. It's all theory anyway - it could be quite a few years before I'm back here in the US after this trip.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out. - Bill Hicks

• Mycroft16: #1 Husband

The longest I've stayed at Disney is 5 days, and by the last day we were riding the Main Street vehicles and the Mark Twain over and over again to rest our feet!

We've found that the perfect amount of time for us is 4 days. We have plenty of time to get everything done but don't get overwhelmed with being there for so long. I really couldn't imagine staying longer than 4 or 5 days. WDW, sure, but CA? Nope.
    Next Disneyland trip: June 19th-24th
    First Disney cruise: Oct. 23rd-27th

See some of my Disneyland photos here!

When I was a kid, my grandma and I came every July and stayed for 10-12 days. Not all at Disneyland, but we always stayed at the DLH.

• =)

My longest trip was a three-day excursion when I was in fifth grade. Since then, they've all been one-day or half-day deals. How long would I stay? Mmm, probably no longer than three days. Seems to be enough for me. Not that I'd dislike the park or anything at that point! I just don't want Disneyland to lose its specialness for me, and while some people may be able to go really frequently without losing that, I, unfortunately, don't think I can.

The longest I've ever stayed at the Resort was in December 2006: 5 nights at the Grand Californian, and 4 nights at Best Western, with an 8-day Parkhopper. I think my trip report on that is underneath.

The longest I've ever stayed at Grand Californian was in December 2004.....with 7 nights between Christmas and New Years, but I'd never stayed there before.

I'm down to 3 nights at the Grand Californian---since it's so expensive, and once you've stayed there, you've seen it all.

I do think December is the best time to do long visits, especially during Christmas/New Years, since the days go so fast, and there's really no time to get board, plus all the special activities, and longer hours of darkness to, if nothing else, gaze at all the lights.

I can't imagine long visits during the Summer, when it's too hot to go outside, and the interminably long days.

I like it when time speeds up.....then you know you're having fun!

• Banned User

Since 2004, 2 weeks straight at the Residence Inn, and no park on the weekends, which is our window for when we visit our friends and family in so cal. We always buy an annual pass for this approach, and then use it the next year before it expires.

A typical day: get up, eat breakfast, walk to the park, go back to the hotel whenever we wanted in the day, go back, repeat 10x.

Yeah, it's a pretty crazy way to approach a vacation at Disneyland, but now I have really good DL savior faire, and on top of that, I even have nearly 15 years of experience. All I can say is: park know-how, combined with nostalgia and memories, combined with an expansive mental database of random facts about everything, makes for one awesome trip.

• Another part of me

Quote Originally Posted by Datameister View Post
    My longest trip was a three-day excursion when I was in fifth grade. Since then, they've all been one-day or half-day deals. How long would I stay? Mmm, probably no longer than three days. Seems to be enough for me. Not that I'd dislike the park or anything at that point! I just don't want Disneyland to lose its specialness for me, and while some people may be able to go really frequently without losing that, I, unfortunately, don't think I can.
    I definatley agree. I think three days would be plenty for me. I am the kind of person who is there when the park opens and stays when the park closes. I can see everything I want to see in that amount of time.

• Disney/WWE/Anime fan

9 hours.. about 2-3 hours longer than i have stayed before

• Senior Minion

This last trip, we had four days in the parks out of five, and we easily could have used another two days; there were some things we normally do that we didn't get time to do this time around, and we wish that we had more time to visit with some of our friends.

My wife has also noticed that it would be nice to go in such a way that one could plan for a "day off" in the middle where you could just hang around the pool (or sit in the GCH lobby and enjoy the peace and serenity!)

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

I've done 5 days consecutively.....in 2001/2002.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast