• Banned User

Red Face Blue Bayou First Timer!

I'm going for the first time tomorrow at 11:30 I had a couple questions though. First off.. do you pay a flat rate to get in and eat or do you pay based on what you eat? Second.. does it have any desserts and what kinds? And thirdly, what would you recommend I get to eat? Lol. I'm thinking Monte Cristo since I always hear so much about it!

Thanks y'all

• LoisAlene

Re: Blue Bayou First Timer!

Plan on finding a regular restaurant with menus and rather high prices. I've tried their version of Mint Julep and really can't recommend it (although many people love it).
    I have read rave reviews of the Creme Brulee for dessert, we had Chocolate Mousse a number of years ago and it was fantastic.
    I haven't decided what I'm going to eat when I go there- but check out
    http://www.micechat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9355
    for more suggestions.

Have a great lunch!
    Last edited by Momzilla59; 08-17-2005 at 09:35 PM. Reason: oops

War is over if you want it...

Peace - Love - Mickey Mouse

• Hooterville, USA

Wait to sit by the water, order anything (it's all very good) and enjoy one of the best places in the park!

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• Hunka hunka burnin love!

Huntington Beach, CA - 30 minutes away from Disneyland!

im eating there tomorrow at 630..but requesting a water front seat... its mine and anikos 1 year anni! woot!
    We're addicted to Disney

I was there on May 5th, 2005! and July 17, 2005!

The monte cristo is their signature sandwich and is very good. I like the beef "tips" and lamb also. Since it's your first time ask for a waterfront table. We like to watch the victims sail off to their doom!

• CM for 4 years!

Although you DO have a table at opening, make sure you mention to one of us hostesses that you'd like a table on the water. Although if you have a PS at 11:30 it's almost guaranteed, there's no reason not to make sure!

The lunch menu includes the following items:

Blue Bayou Roast Pork Loin -- $15.99
    Prime Rib -- $18.99
    Blackened Chicken Caesar Salad -- $11.99
    Monte Cristo Sandwich -- $12.99
    Seafood Medley Salad -- $14.99 (not sure on price here)
    Jambalaya Classique -- $14.99
    Quarter Chicken Florentine -- $15.99
    Special -- BBQ Chicken and BBQ Pork Ribs -- $19.99
    Soups: Vegetable Gumbo and Clam Chowder, $7.95 bowl (not sure on $$)
    Garden Salad

There is also a wide selection of appetizers, which are I think all under $10 each.

The desserts are all $5.99 and are as follows:

Deep Fried Cheesecake
    Baked Apple
    Creme Brulee
    Chocolate Pecan Pie
    Mickey "Golden Ears" Dessert
    Chocolate Volcano

For the first time, of course I recommend the classic Monte Cristo, but I will let you know that my favorite dish on the lunch menu is the Jambalaya, but that also depends on who's making it!
    Member of the Disney Class of 2005
    Disneyland CM for 4 years.
    May 6, 2005 - present.

• Banned User

Thanks y'all I can't go now my mom is making me stay home tomorrow Her tv isn't operating right so I have to be here while she's at work for the cable guy. Do you think they'll allow us to move our reservations to night time? I sure hope so I don't want to miss out on going tomorrow I was looking forward to it

• CM for 4 years!

Quote Originally Posted by EagleWings
    Thanks y'all I can't go now my mom is making me stay home tomorrow Her tv isn't operating right so I have to be here while she's at work for the cable guy. Do you think they'll allow us to move our reservations to night time? I sure hope so I don't want to miss out on going tomorrow I was looking forward to it
    Call Disney Dining straightaway in the morning to see if they have anything left available for you. PM me with your name, and when I get into work tomorrow at 8:30 am, I'll see if I can't put you down for a dinnertime table. Of course, then you wouldn't be able to know what time they were at!! I don't know, call DIsney Dining in the morning at 714 781 DINE
    Member of the Disney Class of 2005
    Disneyland CM for 4 years.
    May 6, 2005 - present.

• Best Buds

Gee, I've been to B.B. several times and didn't know you could request seating by the water. Seating is great everywhere, so I don't mind, but by the water is extra special.

When we went to Disneyland Paris we sat right beside the water at the Blue Lagoon restaurant (similar in location to Blue Bayou, but not same decor). It was wonderful!
    ------------------
    DLR '84, 85, 96, 02, 05, 06x2, 07x2, 08x2, 09, 10, 11; WDW '92, 98, 00, 06, 08, 10; DLP '02; TDR '07

Hey, check out my podcast!
    http://www.comedy4cast.com

Sweet! I have reservations on aug 25th @ 6:50 pm. I am sooo excited to eat at this enchanted place, as I have never ate at the BB before.

• See what I got?

If you have someone going with you, I recommend getting the clam chowder and splitting the jambalaya. And get a mint julep! I have never had room for dessert, so can't help you out on that one. The food is GOOD though!

The few times we have been there I have always felt rushed. The food is good (overpriced, but good) but when you order prime rib and get it in less than 5 minutes it just makes me feel like I should be in a buffet line.

• Man O Lantern

Mmmmm.....once again.....I recommend the Jambalaya! It's so good! And spicilicious!

We also always request the waterfront and will often go at "off" times, so we don't feel rushed.....we love to spent a late afternoon lunch there. It's very relaxing and cool.

• Banned User

Okay everybody! I went tonight!!

It was awesome! I had alot of fun! I ended up ordering Long John Special (kids menu) and it was good. I went with my friend and we enjoyed ourselves. We got in at 8:50pm. I now see what you mean by rushed but it was alright, we didn't want to spend too long waiting. We got out in time to see fireworks at Tom Sawyers so that was fun. Definetely a cool restaurant. By the way we had water side seats so that was awesome. I had alot of fun. Thanks for everyone who helped out. I'll definetely go back when I have more money! For right now I'm enjoying this little pirate hat I got for the kids menu lol.

• Banned User

go back.. get clam chowder for apatiser... and monte cristo for lunch.. I recomend it..

or have a friend get monte cristo.. and you blackened chicken ceasar salad.. and split the two.... thats what i did.. LOL.. Clam chowder is great!