Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

• Banned User

Re: Paradise Pier's New "Hot Dog Hut"

6 bucks for a Hot Dog? What a rip. It seems the Krustyland Midway Motto is in use here.

"They call it a midway because it's midway between a rip-off and highway robbery! Hee-Hee!"

• Fullerton Escapee

The sad thing is: that's not a bad price. I just went to an amusement park here in No. Cal. and payed $13 for a tasteless dog and a drink.

I have to say though that I do like the stand itself. I'm also amazed by the knowldge displayed. I never would have noticed the chunk of wood underneath the bench, nor really thought it might actually be for something.

• Winter in Oceanside...

Quote Originally Posted by f/m View Post
    I never would have noticed the chunk of wood underneath the bench, nor really thought it might actually be for something.
    What is it used for????

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Quote Originally Posted by brandond6 View Post
    That was kinda obvious, this is just a stand not a building like Hot Dog Castle or Award Weiners, there is no room for a kitchen!
    Right, but there were people here hoping for fries and better quality hot dogs from this place.

Quote Originally Posted by mcow1 View Post
    Apparently it's the same hot dogs and same price as the Refreshment Corner on Main St. in DL.
    Same hot dogs perhaps, but aren't the ones on Main Street fresher since they have their own kitchen facilities?

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• Hall Of Promise

Quote Originally Posted by DLandFansAZ View Post
    At least there's some truth in advertising. "Served with a SMALL bag of chips." What a joke, with what it really costs to make a plain old hot dog (which is all you get, nothing fancy or special, heck you have to sqeeze cheap packages of condiments on yourself) and then to rape the customers for $5.75 for a hot dog and $2.75 for a drink no wonder there are so many threads here asking about smuggling food in from the outside. Heck the overpriced McDonald's across the street seems like a bargain.
    Really? This is a theme park. This is like complaining about the price of food at a movie theater. People seem to complain about the price then buy it anyway. I don't think I have ever gone to a theme park and seen reasonably priced food. Not to mention with the whole price of food goods rising we should expect the prices to carry on sometime soon higher than they already are.

Theme parks don't offer food to keep their customers alive, they sell food to make an extra buck.

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Quote Originally Posted by MagicWDI View Post
    Really? This is a theme park. This is like complaining about the price of food at a movie theater. People seem to complain about the price then buy it anyway. I don't think I have ever gone to a theme park and seen reasonably priced food. Not to mention with the whole price of food goods rising we should expect the prices to carry on sometime soon higher than they already are.

Theme parks don't offer food to keep their customers alive, they sell food to make an extra buck.
    There's reasonably priced food at Disneyland. You just have to know where to look and what to order.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• Hall Of Promise

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey View Post
    There's reasonably priced food at Disneyland. You just have to know where to look and what to order.
    Touché, there are indeed reasonably priced eateries around, considering theme park food prices. I find the larger portion eateries to be more reasonable in price. Go to a seat-down location and you should only expect to pay a dollar or two more than you would usually pay for a similar meal outside the park, which isn't that bad at all. But when it comes to ODV.... I mean come on, this is where they get ya, and should be expected. Everyone should expect to pay double they would for the same thing found outside the park. There are hot dog stands around my city that sell plain hot dogs for about $2.50. I only buy food from ODV stands or carts when I am in dire need or have a huge craving for something.

• Fullerton Escapee

Quote Originally Posted by PrincessY View Post
    What is it used for????

According to the commentary with the photos (nice detail shots, but that's to be expected), its a placeholder for a cart. Who knew?

•   
    • Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PrincessY View Post
    What is it used for????
    A new churros Cart get bulit right now and will be place there.
    the wood box have Water, electric power and may be gas for ovens?

It will be a better look than this one:

Last edited by akfandisney; 05-26-2008 at 09:58 PM. Reason: Add picture
    AKfandisney Have a Magic Disney day ºoº 2010
    Alan

Toy Story Mania construction:
    Older photo
    New Photo

Member of
    MiceChat WDW Trip
    Next trip
    2014 Feb 8-9

• Mrs. J. Depp

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey View Post
    I always get kids meals. And the hot dog kids meals come with a normal sized hot dog, and fruit and chocolate milk or individual water bottle. Some of the best deals at the park are kids meals.

Facebook me!
    Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by IzzyInWonderland View Post
    I always get kids meals. And the hot dog kids meals come with a normal sized hot dog, and fruit and chocolate milk or individual water bottle. Some of the best deals at the park are kids meals.
    We went to Jazz Kitchen about a week or two ago...and the kids meal was the same price as the regular meal! Hello?

Well, my son is not big enough to finish a kids meal - which is usually for someone 5 or 6 or more.....so if we get 'big food' we just give him some of our food....

• Banned User

Makes me wonder why the quantity of food you receive has to be so huge at DLR. I don't think I've ever completely finished a meal there, it's too much food at one time, and as a teenager I can eat more in one sitting than I will be able to later in life, and I even have a faster-than-normal metabolism. I could only eat about half of the monte cristo at NOS. -Though, according to a CM, people have finished the monte cristo. -Only in Amercia!

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyland Daddy View Post
    Well, my son is not big enough to finish a kids meal - which is usually for someone 5 or 6 or more.....so if we get 'big food' we just give him some of our food....
    My 3 year old eats a lot but even he can't finish a kids meal. I like that some of the places in DL & DCA are now offering Toddler meals for 2.99-milk or juice, applesauce, mac & cheese or rice & chicken bits. That's just his size. I wish that more places did that. Often times I'll just share with him.
    Visit the Hamand Family Blog to see what we've been up to. http://matthamand.blogspot.com

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by quiltmaker View Post
    My 3 year old eats a lot but even he can't finish a kids meal. I like that some of the places in DL & DCA are now offering Toddler meals for 2.99-milk or juice, applesauce, mac & cheese or rice & chicken bits. That's just his size. I wish that more places did that. Often times I'll just share with him.
    Toddler meals! Yes, I have seen those...and they usually seem to be about $2.99 -....as I have seen in the resort. I think the "Toddler Meal" is such a wise thing for them at DLR to make....it's great!

• Mrs. J. Depp

Since I like to eat my way through the parks, kids meals and sharing food is the best thing i can do. I can only hold so much in one sitting.

Facebook me!
    Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast