Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Midway Mess?

• A Suitcase & A Dream

Midway Mess?

There's now less than month before Toy Story (Midway) Mania open and I was wondering how do you think opeining day will be handled. A big chunk of Tomorrowland was used to open Nemo and Paradise Pier doesn't have that kind of space. there will be media there not to mention the lines for TSMM, the Sun Wheel and California Screamin' wrapping around Paradise Pier in the middle of the opening..do you think it might be a midway mess?

• Mrs. J. Depp

Re: Midway Mess?

Absofreakinlutely

Facebook me!
    Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

• He Gets The Job Done

Blog Entries

Just beware of my high school! The Seniors will be there opening day os TSMM... Excited to be going opening day, but it will be PACKED!

sorry everyone.

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Simple, the Media will be allowed into the park prior to 10 AM, as will invited guests.

At 10 AM, they will have a special queue set up near Golden Dreams, and then, when the media event is over, they will "walk" the folks in the regular queue closer to the attraction, and start the "regular" queue.

If you expect to see the Media event, more than likely there is NO chance to see it, as they set up the stages to be out of view.

I have covered multiple openings. Space Mountain, Media upstairs, guests downstairs. Monsters, Inc. The entire area was blocked off without a pass. Finding Nemo, you were in line near the Matterhorn (Fantasia Gardens), and nowhere near the media event.

Disney is pretty good about handling these types of events, and I presume that they will use the Entertainment Corridor (aka Parade Route) to take care of the "extended" queue for opening day. Based on prior events, I doubt that the ride will open to the public until around 1 PM, so be prepared for a wait!
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• Drunken Disneyland Master

Stuipd Question #1: What day is this?

signed:
    Big Drunk Dave... Clueless @ DisneyCA

ps... Stuipd observation #1, opening day for Mania!
    Last edited by Big Drunk Dave @ DL; 05-22-2008 at 11:05 PM. Reason: had to ask 2 dumb ?'s

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

The official Toy Story Mania! opening is scheduled for Tuesday, June 17th.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• Goofy

I have a feeling all the rides at dca are going to be very busy. It should be a very busy park.

• Minion

Blog Entries

I can't wait till they start doing things like AP and CM previews because then when the line is short hopefully they will start letting people in like they did for Nemo... I hope to ride this ride a few times before it opens just so I don't have to wait in the horrible line...
    Please help me raise money for children's hospitals by clicking the extra life image.

• Snow White Wannabe

*cries* We are scheduled to be in DLR for June 16-18.

Here I was thinking we might luck out a bit and only have moderate crowds as not all of the school systems had let out yet, but then this happens.

Part of me is a little excited but most of me is dreading it. The last few times we have visited we have hit some major event that wasn't scheduled when we booked (like the grand opening of A Bug's Land!). While it's fun to say, "I was there..." the crowds are just insane. And the OP is correct that the Midway just doesn't have the space to handle the crowds.

I think we may hit all of the rides we want DCA on the 16th and take advantage of the Early Entry at MK and stay there for the 17th. Then we can judge the crowds on the 18th and hop back and forth if needed.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Quote Originally Posted by Danijo View Post
    *cries* We are scheduled to be in DLR for June 16-18.

Here I was thinking we might luck out a bit and only have moderate crowds as not all of the school systems had let out yet, but then this happens.

Part of me is a little excited but most of me is dreading it. The last few times we have visited we have hit some major event that wasn't scheduled when we booked (like the grand opening of A Bug's Land!). While it's fun to say, "I was there..." the crowds are just insane. And the OP is correct that the Midway just doesn't have the space to handle the crowds.

I think we may hit all of the rides we want DCA on the 16th and take advantage of the Early Entry at MK and stay there for the 17th. Then we can judge the crowds on the 18th and hop back and forth if needed.
    I'll help you and be the optimist. Many passholders go the opening with the sole intent on riding the new ride only. While it will be crowded, the other rides could be a breeze because a lot of people are waiting to ride the latest and greatest. You'll be fine and Welcome to MiceChat!!

• Cove Bar Official Dj

Ill be there with camera in hand, but like stated. Be prepared to wait till the afternoon for the opening...
    -Ricky
    DLand Connoisseur
    http://www.djrickyjay.com

• Mrs. J. Depp

I'm not going to touch this ride for at least a year, I don't want to go anywhere near the mayhem. Same as Nemo, still haven't been on it and don't really care. I'll get to it when i get to it, its not going anywhere. Welcome to MiceChat Danijo!

Facebook me!
    Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

• www.JonAutopsy.com

Much like Buzz, I think the line for this ride will be a continuous flow, aside from stops for handicapped guests. At least, I'm hoping it will be.
    "NATURAL BORN KILLERS"
    1st Place - MiceChat Gumball Rally 2012

JON AUTOPSY - FACEBOOK

• Off to Neverland

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Autopsy View Post
    Much like Buzz, I think the line for this ride will be a continuous flow, aside from stops for handicapped guests. At least, I'm hoping it will be.
    hmmm...good point!

• Seasick

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Autopsy View Post
    Assuming it is identical to Florida, handicapped guests get their own loading area, which should mean a virtually continuous flow.
    My Micechat cruise trip report, Part 1:http://micechat.com/14795-disney-wonder/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast