Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Cranky Dragon is Cranky

I'd like it even if they just brought back the restaurant without the show (or with a very scaled down show).

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by EmeralineDragon
    I'd like it even if they just brought back the restaurant without the show (or with a very scaled down show).
    Agreed, Emaraline. Just the restaurant with some music or a small show and some torches would be a nice touch. I loved this restaurant, my Mom would take me there when I was a kid and it was the best part of our day at Disneyland. You really really felt transported away during the dinner / show with the sights and sounds of Adventureland all around you.

On the original maps it just says "Hawaiian Music" with tables outside on a patio behind the Plaza Pavilion. As someone said, the Plaza Pavilion and Tahitian Terrace are just opposite sides of the same coin, they are two sides of one building with a kitchen in the middle. So if they reopenned the Tahitian terrace they could also reopen the Plaza Pavilion at the same time.

Maybe get the kids birthday facility moved over there are bring back the view from the patio of the Plaza Inn accross the way...

• insufferable know-it-all

Here's what they should do:

Bring the place back (duh) with the stage on the east side (not north, backing to JC as it currently does), bring back the lush environment, including waterfalls (must have waterfalls!). In the front area, open up the wall between the Aladdin waiting courtyard (by JC exit) and the main area by dropping the wall lower (say, to "bar" height). Now, turn the old waiting area into a tiki juice/smoothie bar with a view (also, the open view helps generate interest in the restaurant, while simultaneously blocking enough view to discourage people from just watching the show from the walkways (eg: the last good view is from the bar, everything else you can see it, but it's too much of a pain to just stand there, so you want to either enter the juice bar or restaurant to see it well).

Anyway, that's my take. The music and partial view would bring more life/movement to the land, plus you would be adding both a restaurant and ODV-type places at once (but hopefully the juice bar would be incorporated into the restaurant, and not run by the ODV people).

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• Cranky Dragon is Cranky

Good idea, Morrigoon.

Someone remind me why we aren't in charge.

• Wannabe Aviator!

They should bring it back. The Aladdin Oasis is a waste of space, and we all know the park could use a sucessful and fun place to eat.

I remember going to it everytime with my folks for dinner. My dad really liked it, and all the kids have a great time watching the fire dancer.

• Banned User

Matt please please please bring this back!!!!!

• Look not into the eyes...

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyphile
    I want my flaming Volcano sundae again!!!!!!

I miss TT.

I was going to say that I remember taking my wife (then girlfriend) on one of our first dates there for dinner and we always talk about the Flaming Pele dessert.

This was in 1977.

I wish to hell they woiuld bring it back.

I did bring my kids to Aladdin's a couple of times, and it was ok too.

• "I don't like the color"

Cousin Orville said:
    TT was taken out because it wasn't that popular anymore. Oasis came in to boost guest interest, but it was too small a facility to justify it's escalating entertainment cost. A bit unfair as parades and street entertainment do not have to justify or pay for themselves.
    I do not think it was for lack of interest as I was there the last days and the lines were as long as they always had been. I agree the cost to run the place was probably pretty high but then again it was one of the most expensive places to eat in the park and they could have charged Blue Bayou
    type prices (for teriyaki of all things) and guests would have still lined up to eat there. I believe Eisner changed it over to tie-in with the Aladdin hoopla and the middle-east type food never caught on with guests and thus became a wasted storytelling location.
    “No worries, stay calm, one question. 
Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?”

Experiencing TT withdrawl?

Here's what you should do:

1. Pick up a plate from L & L Barbeque.
    2. Pop in the Disneyland USA DVD
    3. Play disc 2 "Disneyland After Dark"

Enjoy!
    Disneyland allows me to escape the everyday stresses and routines of a Southern Californian resident.

California Adventure brings me right back to the place I was trying to avoid in the first place.

• "I don't like the color"

Eddie fron the 80's said:
    1. Pick up a plate from L & L Barbeque.
    They opened one here in Elk Grove not too long ago! It's good but not as good as Zippy's!
    “No worries, stay calm, one question. 
Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?”

Quote Originally Posted by Disneymike
    They opened one here in Elk Grove not too long ago! It's good but not as good as Zippy's!
    Never been to Zippy's. That's only in Waikiki, right? Considered the Denny's of Hawaii?

Spam anyone?
    Disneyland allows me to escape the everyday stresses and routines of a Southern Californian resident.

California Adventure brings me right back to the place I was trying to avoid in the first place.

• Fortune Red Says....

WHO AGREES!!! WE START A PETITION AND WRITE LETTERS!!! BRING BACK THE Tahitian Terrace!!!!!!!!!

• Fortune Red Says....

Does anyone have any personal photographs or video from the Tahitian Terrace... if so email me and let me know because im going to try and start a website just dedicated to the restaurant and I could use some primary sources!!! Much appreciated to whoever can help out....
    "Childishness? I think it's the equivalent of never losing your sense of humor. I mean, there's a certain something that you retain. It's the equivalent of not getting so stuffy that you can't laugh at others."
    ~Walt Disney

i went to the TT before they closed and also went to the Alladdin theme restaurant before it became the lame-o story house it is now. i remember the little alladdin lamps on the tables all spouted smoke before the dessert course. and i also remember the food kinda being sucky at both restaurants.

but i digress... i love the idea of a dinner show in the park and they should absolutely bring something like that back.

to this day i STILL don't get what a story about the DESERT has to do with Adventureland. so alladin is an adventure of sorts? but that movie really belongs in Fantasyland. I once suggested a hanging "magic carpet" rollercoaser - no not like the virtual one in florida - but a real live outdoor hanging coaster that whisks you over the old motor boat cruise lakes. and a desert morrocan castle queue. but noooooo... hey if that ever happens - you know who thought of it first.

but i am digressing again.
    whether it returns as a restaurant, a coffee house, or a smoothie juice bar (great idea Morrigoon - you're hired) that location should be TROPICAL themed...
    with waterfalls....
    and tikis...
    and hula maidens...
    and maybe some fire dancers...

yes, i guess i do miss tahitian terrace...

Your Ultra Style Guide for Modern Living!

• D'LAND BIRTH YEAR BABY

JimHillMedia.com just had last week some great recipies from the tahitian Terrace, actually made the Polynsian Baby back bite sized ribs myself from the recipies they were great .

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast