Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Fortune Red Says....

Does anyone else miss the Tahitian Terrace?

Closed in 1992 the Tahitian Terrace in my opinion was the best restaurant and most entertaining in Disneyland. Does anyone else agree with me that they should close up that horrible Aladdin's Oasis and reopen it? The park is in need of some good quality restaurants and the Blue Bayou cant be the only good one! Anyone want to share you memories or photographs of this great restaurant...

http://www.doombuggyproductions.com/PlantersPunch.html

http://www.yesterland.com/tahitianmenu.html

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

It was better then the Blue Bayou in my most humble opinion. It should be brought back, but I guess the folks at Disney have crunched the numbers and somehow, someway think that they can make more money by just having those stupid, walkway crowding, ODV carts everywhere instead

....and why not, those ODV carts are so much more magical then any tahitian show could ever be
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • June 3rd, 2011

I loved the Thaihttian show that was there. I also loved coming into port of the Jungle Cruise as the show was taking place. Gave more of an Adventure feeling to the land. I also miss seeing the Steel Drummers above the entrance of the jungle cruise.
    PirateMunkee

Visit My Horror Designs Store!!!

• Cranky Dragon is Cranky

Quote Originally Posted by PirateMunkee
    I loved the Thaihttian show that was there. I also loved coming into port of the Jungle Cruise as the show was taking place. Gave more of an Adventure feeling to the land. I also miss seeing the Steel Drummers above the entrance of the jungle cruise.
    You and me both, PirateMunkee!

Definitely. Everything about that place from the food to the shows to the location. And it wasn't a movie tie-in, it was just about the pure lushness and delights of some far-off tropical paradise. It felt like adventure.
    "Say, uh, ever hear of the devil's paint pots? Real mystery of the desert. Bubblin' pots of mud in all kinds of colors."

• cleaner of the hook

Hey tahitian, I think they should just tear it down and put like ten ODV carts there instead.
    What they really need is minibar on the Mark Twain.

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by not_onwaltsblacklist
    Hey tahitian, I think they should just tear it down and put like ten ODV carts there instead.
    What they really need is minibar on the Mark Twain.
    /
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

• Minion

That was my favorite DL restaurant. Loved the show!

• e komo mai

I say bring it back if they do it right. If they're going to do some half-assed version starring Stitch, they can forget it.

I think they took it out because it was expensive to run. All those performers and a restaurant. That's a lot of dough. But again, they're pretty cheap and money is all they think about....

• D'LAND BIRTH YEAR BABY

I loved it, better than Blue Bayou it wasnt just a meal it was a show! Thats what themed dinning should be all about, and terrific food too!

• Santa Barbara, CA

TT was taken out because it wasn't that popular anymore. Oasis came in to boost guest interest, but it was too small a facility to justify it's escalating entertainment cost. A bit unfair as parades and street entertainment do not have to justify or pay for themselves.
    "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

• Boozer, User, and Loser

I personally never experienced it. I wish I had, because all the pictures looked like it was great. Wish it would come back, but once it's gone, you know it's never coming back

• I was deleted.

I personally do not remember the Tahitian Terrace, but my dad does. My dad worked at the Tahitian Terrace as a cook back in 1966. He worked there for 10 months as a cook. He told me that Walt liked to dine there and often did about two-three times a week. He told me that where the cooks were they could actually see the dancers change outfits. (That was my dad, girl crazy!) But he did seem to enjoy working there and everything.

From my Walk in Walt's footsteps tour I learned that the Plaza Pavilion, Walt Disney's Enchanted Tiki Room, and (former Tahitian Terrace)/Aladdin's Oasis all share the same kitchen and technically they could re-open it as a kitchen. I understand the change, especially with the popularity of Aladdin; however, something new would be great. Since the kitchen is still there I would love to see a restaurant.

• Circle of Ancients

Tahitian Terrace was my absolute favorite!!!

It was nice, but not expensive. It should be brought back. Are you sure it was 1992? I seem to remember maybe eating there in 1994. Who knows though.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast