Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

• is too darn hot.

Disneyland in 2055

As we know, Disneyland's 100th anniversary is in 2055. What I want to know is what you all think Disneyland will be like on its 100th birthday. What sort of attractions will exist, which ones will be closed? I don't know where to begin, but I'd like to see all you armchair imagineers give it a go.

Last edited by Dustysage; 05-25-2008 at 06:01 PM. Reason: Link to Digg added by Moderator
    The Right Honorable Count Boogie Bonz of Random, at your service.

On Track for Weight Loss!

• Mrs. J. Depp

Re: Disneyland in 2055

Yikes I'll be like 71!! Hopefully I'll still be going to the parks by then. I have no idea what Disneyland may be like on its 100th anniversary. Thats too many years away to even begin to think about.

Facebook me!
    Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

• He Gets The Job Done

Blog Entries

I will be about 64 years old...

• Adventurer Slash Explorer

I think that we can't even fathom how different the park will be. I don't think that innoventions will still be there... Pooh won't be there, I don't think.

I'm not even sure where to begin. I know I'll be there. You know, if California doesn't fall into the ocean.
    Code Lee-Oh-Co (Or Jessica, if you want)

• Minion

More shops.

Adventureland will still be there with real life characters walking around. But the attractions will likely be similar to what we have now except everyone will be Indy themed. The tree house will be removed due to someone jumping off it and killing themselves. Tiki room AA's will be replaced by genetically modified birds/plants/tikis to perform.

Tinkerbell will fly around the park in her actual size.

Fantasyland will merge into a giant fantasy faire.

Tomorrowland will run out of ideas and many of the attractions will close down to expand the Starcade.

Frontierland will be forgotten in the dust.

Toontown will become a joke.

DCA will become a multi-level parking structure.
    Last edited by MousieMagic; 05-25-2008 at 04:33 PM.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

I agree. People will ask, "What's Toontown." I'll tell them, then we'll share a good laugh .

Tomorrowland will run out of ideas and many of the attractions will close down to expand the Starcade.
    I disagree with both quotes. I believe Tomorrowland will go on to become a newer Frontierland .

Hey! Maybe they'll unfreeze Walt in 2055!! Ya think??? .

• =)

Adventureland will still be there with more holograms as well as real life characters walking around.
    There. Will. Be. No. HOLOGRAMS! Will someone please do me a favor and take the hologram rant torch from me? It's getting a little heavy.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Datameister View Post
    There. Will. Be. No. HOLOGRAMS! Will someone please do me a favor and take the hologram rant torch from me? It's getting a little heavy.
    What holograms?

• Mrs. J. Depp

I don't understand the hologram thing? Someone explain please.

Facebook me!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by IzzyInWonderland View Post
    I don't understand the hologram thing? Someone explain please.
    Impossible to do without bending light into a focused spot. Unless we can harness the powers of nature, like black holes, holograms won't be coming anytime soon.

• Fancy that...

Quote Originally Posted by Light Mouse View Post
    More shops.

Adventureland will still be there with more holograms as well as real life characters walking around. But the attractions will likely be similar to what we have now except everyone will be Indy themed. The tree house will be removed due to someone jumping off it and killing themselves. Tiki room AA's will be replaced by genetically modified birds/plants/tikis to perform.

Tinkerbell will fly around the park in her actual size.

Fantasyland will merge into a giant fantasy faire.

DCA will become a multi-level parking structure.
    to late... I keed I keed

wow, umm I can't even guess what It will be like...here I am, the "armchair imagineer" and I can't even think of it

well I'd hope that DLR has an awesome new DCA, a third gate,new Tomorrowland with CRAZY new technology in it, some stuff in Frontierland a new 5 star hotel were the DLH used to be(if it imploded as proposed)

yeah, no real details or anything, that would be a LONG post, look in my post history If you really wan't to see my ideas not all of them I still like but meh, whatever

• Mrs. J. Depp

LOL i know what a hologram is, i was just wondering why you think there will be holograms and why Data got so upset about it? I'm definitely not in the know.

Facebook me!

• Minion

More lands! More ideas!

Pooh will be disliked so much by Disney fan groups that instead of truly changing it back to Country Bear Jamboree, they merge the shows together with Pooh and the bears. They will have the honey hives blow through the show building like it does now, except Pooh will be jamming on a banjo with Rabbit on the washboard. It will give reference to the show that came before it while still having the lovable character that everyone knows of, Pooh, in a clash of the mighty banjo.

Splash Mountain will feature a new ride vehicle and much smaller footprint. Riders will board a suspended log with a video screen on all sides of them, much like a 360 theater. The log will move as it rides along the rapids inside the mountain and out, creating a true river experience. All of this ends with a splash of water coming at your log like a tidal wave to provide the most for guest experience.

Davy Crockett explorer canooes will be replaced with small fishing boats that give reference to the old boats we had before hover boats.

The Haunted Mansion will feature Nightmare Before Christmas as it is truly a crowd pleaser as it's attendence numbers are so high during that time, as well as merchandise sales, that the entire attraction will be rebranded as Jack's Haunted House year round.

I say they put an anti-gravity ride so people can fly (if they can't already)

Quote Originally Posted by Light Mouse View Post
    More lands! More ideas!

Pooh will be disliked so much by Disney fan groups that instead of truly changing it back to Country Bear Jamboree, they merge the shows together with Pooh and the bears. They will have the honey hives blow through the show building like it does now, except Pooh will be jamming on a banjo with Rabbit on the washboard. It will give reference to the show that came before it while still having the lovable character that everyone knows of, Pooh, in a clash of the mighty banjo.

Splash Mountain will feature a new ride vehicle and much smaller footprint. Riders will board a suspended log with a video screen on all sides of them, much like a 360 theater. The log will move as it rides along the rapids inside the mountain and out, creating a true river experience. All of this ends with a splash of water coming at your log like a tidal wave to provide the most for guest experience.

Davy Crockett explorer canooes will be replaced with small fishing boats that give reference to the old boats we had before hover boats.

The Haunted Mansion will feature Nightmare Before Christmas as it is truly a crowd pleaser as it's attendence numbers are so high during that time, as well as merchandise sales, that the entire attraction will be rebranded as Jack's Haunted House year round.
    I agree with getting rid of Pooh but I never found CBJ too exciting. I totally disagree with your HM idea, I can only stand Jack for a short time I love the original WAY better.

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast