• Keepin' it calsteady

ABC: Always Be Collecting (Fastpasses, that is)

So my sister and I went to the parks yesterday, 5/25. This was the second day of a 2-day Parkhopper I had used earlier in May, so I was okay with going in the middle of a holiday weekend for a "free" trip. I figured we'd go early, hit some rides and then just relax, maybe watch parades and things we don't do normally.

Well, we got to the parking lot ($12 now, up from $11 three weeks ago) around 8:15 and left just as the fireworks started:
    • Pirates
    • Haunted Mansion (including a side trip to the pet cemetary thanks to the nice attendant)
    • Jungle Cruise
    • Indy (with FP)
    • Roger Rabbit
    • Big Thunder x2 (1 with FP)
    • Matterhorn x2
    • Space Mountain x2 (both with FP)
    • Buzz Lightyear x2 (1 with FP)
    • CA Screamin' (with FP)
    • Soarin' (with FP from a nice man at the info booth)
    • Orange Swings
    • Tower of Terror x2 (both with FP)
    That's a total of 18 rides (in 13 hours or so), 9 of them using Fastpasses. I'm sure many of you do the same thing all the time, but I was surprised at how much we were able to do in a relatively short trip (we usually stay until closing) on what I expected to be a really busy day.

And we didn't even rush. We had a churro break, a tortilla factory break, a fruit stand break, lunch at Hungry Bear, a drawing lesson at Animation Academy, and finally ice cream on Main Street before heading home.

• =)

Re: ABC: Always Be Collecting (Fastpasses, that is)

Nice! Congrats on a relaxed yet "productive" trip. Those are always the most fun, aren't they? You get to see and experience a lot, but you leave at the end feeling like it's just been a long, relaxing day.

• Space Fanatic

I've noticed the more I have gone using my annual pass, the less I am concerned about getting on lots of rides. The first time I went with my three friends that have annual passes, we went on 33 rides. Now we average about 22 or 23 rides a trip, including rerides (and that always includes Space Mountain at least 3 times , sometimes 4). Our days are much more leisurely while still maintaining a "mission."

•   
    • My liver hurts!

Wow...i feel totally slow...I usually am proud of myself at the fact that i do 2 or 3 rides when i go to disneyland with my annual pass!!!

Today I went on Jungle Cruise, Flik's Flyers, Heimleichs train(i dunno if i spelled that right) and Indy!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by PEZZ Lightyear View Post
    Try the Hello Te-Kitty-la.

• no flash photography...

we usually average about three to four rides. Getting on the rides is no longer a priority, but when we are in ride mode we do get a lot of them in. Fastpass is very helpful as well as knowing/predicting the crowd flow and avoiding it.

• Keepin' it calsteady

My sister and I generally go once a year, so we're all about rides. Considering we saw people sitting down for parades an hour or more before they started, and filling the Hub to watch the fireworks at 7 p.m., it's safe to say we're going to stay that way!

Maybe if we lived closer we would go for more frequent, shorter trips, but I don't really want to go more often at this point. I like Disneyland to be one long, fun day. This trip was fun because it turned out not to be too long.

• He Gets The Job Done

Blog Entries

With a pass, on average I get a good amount of rides done (in the 20's). I try to ride rides as much as possible every visit I take. and during Fantasmic and Fireworks... It's like Happy Hour!

• Adventurer Slash Explorer

Generally I try to ride every ride every trip... But I usually end up riding Indy about four times... Splash about twice... And Matterhorn once in the day and once at night, basically.

But it's cool that you got so much done and had a nice, slow-paced day.
    Code Lee-Oh-Co (Or Jessica, if you want)

• Keepin' it calsteady

Is it even possible to ride every ride in one day?

I haven't gone on anything other than a busy day, and am not familiar with how much can be done on a slow Monday. Even if there aren't any crowds, the park hours are much shorter. Have you done it?