Question about the Three "Finding Nemo" Rides

I had a quick question about the three "Finding Nemo" rides:
    • Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage - Disneyland
    • The Seas with Nemo and Friends - Epcot
    • Crush's Coaster - Walt Disney Studios
    Besides the obvious difference in ride vehicles, what are the differences among these rides? Primarily, I'm looking for the differences in the plot and story of each ride. More specifically, does Crush's Coaster actually have a portion in which you travel at increased speeds like a real roller coaster?

I ask this because I am planning my version of DCA and wanted to know if Crush's Coaster is too similar to Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage to be located in the same resort.

Thanks for the help!

• Senior Minion

Re: Question about the Three "Finding Nemo" Rides

Crush's Coaster is a coaster with Turtle Cars that are able to spin on the track, kind of like an omnimover on a roller coaster track. I haven't ridden it, but it's a pretty unique ride system that I think is only used on CC and a few other coasters developed by the manufacturer of the coaster ride system. I believe the story line just focusses on the experience of riding the austrailian current with Crush, but again I'm only speaking from my readings about the ride.

I have no idea about the ride at Epcot. Haven't been there since that was done.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

thanks, I just didn't want two rides with the same plot in the same resort. From what, i've seen on youtube, Sub voyage focuses on the nemo plot while crush's coaster there are some show seens with nemo and I think his name is Squirt and then a few others. Then the ride video goes dark so i'm guessing that 's when the ride actually goes into roller coaster form and you ride the "current"

• Senior Minion

Yeah, that's pretty much what I've gathered, but I'm sure there's someone out there that can give a better description than I can. I would try posting on the WDW and DLP forums for better descriptions of those rides. Basically, I believe all three do use simmilar projection effects, but I think that's all that's the same.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

Crush's Coaster is most simular to Primevel Whirl as far as ride vehicles and speed. It is a spinning wild mouse coaster as far as I know.
    BRYANT - MEGADISNEY
    Owner/Travel Advisor - Magical Partners Travel
    Walt Disney Company Stockholder
    D23 Charter Member

alright, so it wouldn't be redundant to have Crush's Coaster and Submarine Voyage in the same Resort

• Ooh boy!

AFAIK, all of the rides follow abridged versions of the movie.

Crush's Coaster's movie scenes are out of order and the "dark ride" portion of the ride is brief. Here's an onride video:

• Koubu Pilot

It seems like the biggest differences are the subs have the longest version and offers more with show scenes than at EPCOT, but EPCOT's version has that bit of reality since the cartoon fish are swimming among the real fish. I think someone also mentioned a few effects had an edge the sub version lacked. Also, Crush is a coaster as opposed to subs or omnimovers, so it's less story intensive.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Crush's Coaster appears to be like the new Sierra Sidewinder at Knott's but with theming.

•   
    • Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Crush's Coaster is in Disneyland Resort Paris France.
    About the EAC. Not all of us have ride it or see it.

Epcot and Disneyland Ca. are about same One is is use realy fish and Disneyland use a sub.
    AKfandisney Have a Magic Disney day ºoº 2010
    Alan

Toy Story Mania construction:
    Older photo
    New Photo

Member of
    MiceChat WDW Trip
    Next trip
    2014 Dec, 31

Crush's coaster is a spinning rollercoaster, like others have said similar to Siera Seidewinder at Knotts. The ride is very good (I have ridden it a few times), I love coasters and think the theaming on this is great. Plus you see different things each time you ride it due to the spinning. I like to ride is starting forewards best, but both ways are very good. The really dark section is not that long but as you can not see the track and you are really spinning at that time you would not want it to be any longer due to motion sickness issues. The theaming on the ride is good, but as you are moving quickly and spinning it is easy to miss details. The que line is well theamed though. Overall it is a great ride, probably my favourite in the WDS, however the lines for it are always long and it has no fastpass. If I want to ride it I make sure I am at the studio gates early and head straight there for opening.

• Hopper's Mortal Enemy

Cool Re: Question about the Three "Finding Nemo" Rides

Quote Originally Posted by MegaDisney View Post
    Crush's Coaster is most simular to Primevel Whirl as far as ride vehicles and speed. It is a spinning wild mouse coaster as far as I know.
    It's close. There are banked turns on CC, plus you can face forward or backward as noted. In one of the least populated Disney parks on the planet it also had a 90 minute wait with 30 minutes of park opening last summer. Let's hope any similar ride in the US will be built with 2 tracks. It's a fun ride.

A bientot.
    Remember
    What the dormouse said
    Feed your head!

You've read it; you can't unread it!